Harley rider at it again!!!!

I will tell you this, Harley riders do NOT have the riding experience we do, regardless of how long they ride. It's easy to coast along at the speed limit on a slow piece of steel. You really learn how to ride on 2 wheels when you handle a literal rocket that's nimble as a thimble.

Just because you own a Fast Bike, doesn't make YOU fast. Better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. There are a lot of slow Busa riders, as well as fast Hardly riders. It ain't the bike. Dumping a PC, pipe, turbo etc on a bike will make IT faster, but it won't make YOU any faster.

If you want to generalize, I'll bet that as a whole, Busa owners spend way more time talking about how fast they are, than Hardly owners do. Another thing I find to be true is this: If someone's gotta tell you how fast they are, they aren't.

i enjoy motorcycling and biking when possible, i did sell my 2010 but have my gen 1, and currently putting around on this (2010 Harley Cross bones)... trust me when i say is like riding a couch... comfy as heck and a pleasure to ride... no busa but cool in its own way.. i have respect for every rider out there.... anyone can jump on a rocket, but handling a tank on two wheels with gobs of tork is a whoel new cup of tea..

i ride with both...i hear stereotypes from both....in the end when i am asked why i dont buy one...my response is "its not what i like...i have riden them all...just not my style"

I had a bud that picked up a harley, he also picked up about 35 lbs, a long scraggly ass beard, some tats, lotsa leather, a bit of an attitude, and became a bit of an a**hole. I was pretty impressed with the changes the harley had on him :thumbsup: :laugh:

Is it really a 'this or that' question? Why can't both types be OK? Seriously, I used to own a 2004 softail deuce and I loved it. A Harley (cruiser) is a different experience from a Sport Bike. I love my '06 Busa, but I could see getting a touring Harley for longer trips. Why not have BOTH. :thumbsup: I must admit that I'm not much for Harley "culture," but my experience with one has been positive. Sometimes it feels great to ride a big, heavy, loud, American machine - AND - It also feels great to ride the Busa.

So today i was out riding for a while and stopped in to a KUM&GO here intown. Some old timer on what looked like a newer harley FAT BOY who starts talking to me about my bike. Starts telling me he put a stage 3 chip on it and now it whips anything around. I ignored him at first then he go's on to tell me he can do 130mph in the 1/8mile. So I start telling him my bike won't do that and i can walk him ALLDAY. This is where it gets really funny. He tells me "U might beat me in the 1/4, but i will beat u TOPEND":wtf:. This guy claims he heard about the BUSA being the fastest bike made. But he thought that meant for 1/4 times. I guess anybody can ride a HARLEY, and i guess we can let them think there the fastest bike out:rofl:
Well when you buy a Harley you just got scamed by America Corporation BS. So When you buy a bike you should do your homework. What i meen by that is there are so many bikes to choose from. Harley has nothing to offer the public about there bikes. There is know more HD symbol BS anymore. Wait and see. The Euro, Asian Bikes are Great. Good Buy Harley. If you wait till 2012 you can get a Radiator.:laugh:

Well when you buy a Harley you just got scamed by America Corporation BS. So When you buy a bike you should do your homework. What i meen by that is there are so many bikes to choose from. Harley has nothing to offer the public about there bikes. There is know more HD symbol BS anymore. Wait and see. The Euro, Asian Bikes are Great. Good Buy Harley. If you wait till 2012 you can get a Radiator.:laugh:

Some type-o's, but well said.:beerchug::thumbsup:

always have a few harley dudes try me comming back from quacker steak and lube. I always show them whats up

A new Harley rolls off the assembly line:

dog.jpg

This also works with Fords.

Just because you own a Fast Bike, doesn't make YOU fast. Better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow. There are a lot of slow Busa riders, as well as fast Hardly riders. It ain't the bike. Dumping a PC, pipe, turbo etc on a bike will make IT faster, but it won't make YOU any faster.

If you want to generalize, I'll bet that as a whole, Busa owners spend way more time talking about how fast they are, than Hardly owners do. Another thing I find to be true is this: If someone's gotta tell you how fast they are, they aren't.

You're making me feel bad. Yeah, I own a Busa, but I stick to the speed limit. Never have had the bike above 75.

Of course, I'm military. A simple accident could cost me my job, and military retirement. I'd rather be called names by speed racer wannabes than take unnecessary risks...

Apparrantly the link went away so posting it again from my computer
I'm usually not one to bash anothers ride but thats pretty d*mn funny :rofl: Hot steaming Harley fresh off the assembly line :laugh: Sweet way to turn waste into (very little) hp :beerchug:

Motivator-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok! More comedy to lighten the mood. I had an 01 busa...bought it used several years ago and rode to work often. We had a guy come on with us that looked just like "Al" off Happy Days...he rode a CBRXX1100 "Blackbird"! Totally not what I was expecting from his "look"...but this dude was crazy fast in the twisties!

Now the fun part...another guy that works with us has a Harley Sportster I think it was...and proud of it! Said it smokes anything on the road! So we ask - what kinda numbers does it put out? No bashing...I was actually curious...I just had mine dyno'd at 153hp ~97ftlbs.

He said, well mine aint stock! I took it to the Harley dealer, gave em $7,000 and told em "I want every bit of this put in that motor"...said he had it dyno'd at 77hp when they were finished! no torque number though...said he had like $20,000 in the bike total.

Mike chimed in..whew...! You know what it'd take for my bike to make 77hp? ole dude kinda had the grin like - thaaaats riiiight - then the gut shot...Mike said, "I think pulling two spark plug wires mite get me down to 77hp...and prob make it run like a Harley too! :laugh:

Just as ole dude was picking his teeth up of the floor, I said you know...I just bought a new Craftsman rider...22hp for less than $1,000.:lol:

All in fun though...he started it!!!

Back