Harley rider at it again!!!!

my boss rides a big full dresser harley, when i ride my busa to work he'll walk out to it during the day and look at it for awhile. ive asked him if he wants to ride it but he comes up with the excuse it will hurt his back or whatever, but i really think he wants to ride it but is scared too.

That was like the ricers back when I had my Camaro. I dropped $6k into a mean race motor, but they swore they could beat me as long as there was at least one curve in the road. Um, okay. :rofl:

Bikers are stuck in their myopic Harley world.
Motorcyclists will try anything.

I put this in another thread but i think it belongs here.

Harley guys are somewhat strange. Most of them wont even wave at me going down the road but will talk to me forever about a bike if I am not on it. As soon as they find out I ride a busa they change for some reason. Its like they are ashamed to be seen talking to me then. Strange! You would think if we are at war and all fight together side by side we could all stand together on our own ground and just be proud that we all ride something. I just don't understand people sometimes. I don't care what you ride what the color of your skin is I'll consider you a friend unless you give me a reason not to. I give respect but also want it in return.

I put this in another thread but i think it belongs here.

Harley guys are somewhat strange. Most of them wont even wave at me going down the road but will talk to me forever about a bike if I am not on it. As soon as they find out I ride a busa they change for some reason. Its like they are ashamed to be seen talking to me then. Strange! You would think if we are at war and all fight together side by side we could all stand together on our own ground and just be proud that we all ride something. I just don't understand people sometimes. I don't care what you ride what the color of your skin is I'll consider you a friend unless you give me a reason not to. I give respect but also want it in return.

Riding a Harley is a lifestyle. My father-in-law is a farmer and a very gentle man. Wouldn't hurt a fly. However, when he rides his Ultra Classic, he wears all his biker bar leathers. He even grew a long rat-tail when he bought his first Harley about 5 years ago. He doesn't diss me over my Busa because I'm family, but he does look down on Japanese bikes because that's what Harley riders are "supposed" to do to keep the image. I'd love to own a Road King, but I'm just not a conformist. I have a good buddy who owned one and didn't wear all the leather crap and didn't buy into the lifestyle. He also hated the bike and traded it in for a Yamaha, but he was very rare for a Harley rider.

i put this in another thread but i think it belongs here.

Harley guys are somewhat strange. Most of them wont even wave at me going down the road but will talk to me forever about a bike if i am not on it. As soon as they find out i ride a busa they change for some reason. Its like they are ashamed to be seen talking to me then. Strange! You would think if we are at war and all fight together side by side we could all stand together on our own ground and just be proud that we all ride something. I just don't understand people sometimes. I don't care what you ride what the color of your skin is i'll consider you a friend unless you give me a reason not to. I give respect but also want it in return.

+1000

I will tell you this, Harley riders do NOT have the riding experience we do, regardless of how long they ride. It's easy to coast along at the speed limit on a slow piece of steel. You really learn how to ride on 2 wheels when you handle a literal rocket that's nimble as a thimble.

I get a slighly different version (from the Race rep Guy's)

"nice bike Mate, but you cant go fast without a fairing"

Had a few guy's who didn't want to play any more once the pace was turned up.
Its funny to pull up with the front group on "spirited" rides and have to wait for
the know-all's who didnt like the pace behind their little tupperware lids....:laugh:

Last edited:
Riding a Harley is a lifestyle. My father-in-law is a farmer and a very gentle man. Wouldn't hurt a fly. However, when he rides his Ultra Classic, he wears all his biker bar leathers. He even grew a long rat-tail when he bought his first Harley about 5 years ago. He doesn't diss me over my Busa because I'm family, but he does look down on Japanese bikes because that's what Harley riders are "supposed" to do to keep the image. I'd love to own a Road King, but I'm just not a conformist. I have a good buddy who owned one and didn't wear all the leather crap and didn't buy into the lifestyle. He also hated the bike and traded it in for a Yamaha, but he was very rare for a Harley rider.

I do have a few friends that are like your dad and they are really nice people. Its funny when we meet a group of Harley riders they wave at everyone until they get to the sport bikes then drop their hands and start waveing to the Harler riders behind us. I just love talking to them and seeing the expression on their face after we have talked for a bit and then i hit them with the I ride a HAYABUSA :rofl: Its just so funny:rofl:

I'm sitting here reading this thread and agreeing with all of it. I read some of the responses to my wife and she :rofl::rofl::rofl: I read a few more and I start to get this look on my face and she says to " what are you smilling about"? I just said I just had the feeling that I am so happy I bought a BUSA. Its one of the best decisions ive ever made.
Ive had few Harleys come up to me at a stoplight and want to run me to the next light. Most times I shake my head NO and just ignore them,but sometimes I flip up my visor and say OK I'll even give you a head start. With the next light just 200 yards away I let the Harley get across the intersection then I take off. By the time he get thru the intersection I'm in 2nd gear and doing ,well I dont how fast but I smoked him and was sitting at the next light waiting for him. He pulls up and says "how much rice does that thing eat"? I say how much oil did you use on that run? I think most of them have to act like that to make up for some kinda short comming. :laugh:

I stopped to check out a buddy of mines new bike yesterday afternoon at the local biker bar here in town.

This lady I've known for quite some time had had a few drinks... She says, why'd you buy that thing?? She knew I had sold my custom hard tail to pick it up, but hadn't seen it yet.

I reply, well, It goes waaaay faster, and is safer and more stable at speed (my other bike was scary fast, but REALLY scary to ride fast) It corners better, The wind doesn't beat the crap out of me, it's more reliable, It doesn't vibrate as much, I'm not fatigued at all after spending 6+ hours straight on the back of it very much unlike the old bike.

She says, well it's still a jap bike.

So, I then told her, that nearly every part used to assemble my custom bike was manufactured over seas.. not in Japan, but I'm supposing you're trying to get at the fact I didn't buy an american bike. Also, for what I sold my old bike for, I could have bought 2.5 of these.

She goes on about seeing guys riding wheelies down the interstate at 80+ blah blah blah I better not see you doing that crap yadda yadda and just won't give it a rest. We're in the parking lot, and I was suiting up.. wheelied it out the parking lot, and set the front end down just around the roads speed limit.

Irritating at best...

Thats tradition... .thats my previous bikes outdated form of suspension, and I paid extra for it!!

Last edited:
My Roadglide with my 300lbs on it would hit 115mph. So the 75mph topspeed isn't legit.

I went from a busa to an 09 Dyna low, I am now back on a busa...enough said. Lasted one full year on the HD just to see if I could find some hidden magic there that draws so many people...it does not exist.

These threads always end up with generalization of Harley Riders. Started with a simple post with an experience that has happened to many, I have had my share as well and it's always good for a laugh. The group I ride with most of the time is all cruisers none of them have the I am the fastest attitude. As a matter of fact a lot of them had sport bikes and got rid of them cause they saw no point on riding a bike that goes 0-60 in less than 2 seconds or a bike that go 186 mph, "why am I going to bend myself around a gas tank and ride a bike like that all day", some of them have both but their work horse the one getting the seat time is what??? The engine powered recliner.:laugh: Lets all have a good laugh when we can share the stories of the delusional. But the Harley stereo typing and bashing is getting a little old.

Two way street
every guy with a sport-bike is suicidal imbecile that has no regard for the lives of the people he shares the road with much less himself, he thinks when he plows into the back of a truck at 160 or 180 mph he is going to live cause he has a helmet and jacket on.
I have heard those comments going back and forth in some events.

These threads always end up with generalization of Harley Riders. Started with a simple post with an experience that has happened to many, I have had my share as well and it's always good for a laugh. The group I ride with most of the time is all cruisers none of them have the I am the fastest attitude. As a matter of fact a lot of them had sport bikes and got rid of them cause they saw no point on riding a bike that goes 0-60 in less than 2 seconds or a bike that go 186 mph, "why am I going to bend myself around a gas tank and ride a bike like that all day", some of them have both but their work horse the one getting the seat time is what??? The engine powered recliner.:laugh: Lets all have a good laugh when we can share the stories of the delusional. But the Harley stereo typing and bashing is getting a little old.

Two way street I have heard those comments going back and forth in some events.

+1 Again...more than just old it's tiresome to boot.

I will tell you this, Harley riders do NOT have the riding experience we do, regardless of how long they ride. It's easy to coast along at the speed limit on a slow piece of steel. You really learn how to ride on 2 wheels when you handle a literal rocket that's nimble as a thimble.

I think this post speaks for itself....we few, we privilaged who ride the mighty HAYABUSA are the only ones who can appreciate TRUE motorcycle riding and rightfully OWN the road all others are INFIDELS! Do you know how that sounds? Yeah, total BS. Well here you go RJ, loosing my cool again. :whistle:

Last edited:
This is where it gets really funny. He tells me "U might beat me in the 1/4, but i will beat u TOPEND":wtf:.

I got that once, but from someone who wasnt a biker, but just when i thought i wouldnt hear that again.....i finally did:laugh:

Back