harley riders....

Couldn't disagree with you more Saiid. I don'k of any HD riders who spend as much time as running down Jap bikes as the people who ride Jap bikes, don't own HD's and have never ridden them do. I know I don't and personally it get's real tiresome and goes beyond the point of being funny. You want to know what gives sport bike riders a bad reputation...posts like I am seeing here.

This started out as a joke and got more serious. Every motorcycle group hates on the others. Theres always going to be individuals on each of the sides bashing the others. Just dont take it so personally jeez. Ive seen you get too serious on this board a couple times. Chill pill man. Try them

Ha, i get the same feeling when a Busa riders frowns upon my ZX14. I mean cmon man, we both ride the fastest production bikes on the planet. I hate the rivalry. Its along the lines of Harley guys who mock at Metric cruiser riders despite being far more reliable then a Harley. Ive heard it all, i heard some Harley call the Vstar a Hardly-Davidson, Honda cruiser were called Honda-Davidson, the mockery goes on and on. Ive asked a Harley rider what makes a Harley, a Harley. "He says its OG cruiser bike, not some knock off asian cruiser, its oldest brand around as far as American heritage." I think a Indian is a older American brand then a Harley but whatever. :moon:

I sold my Busa and bought a Harley. I feel great having owned a Busa for 6 years and I know that I will always have love for Suzuki, but I am loving this Harley for sure right about now !! I wave at everyone on a bike, regardless of the bikes orientation :beerchug:

Eventually, I will probably get another Busa one day.

2010 Street Glide.JPG

Dm I'm just joking and have not slammed or run down HD in any way .
Two reasons I don't own one :
1: Can't afford the one I would really buy and
2: I'm still a speed freak !
The minute , the very minute HD makes a real sportbike that will hang with a busa I'll be first in line I promise you that .
Having fun is all don't take it wrong

If Harley made a sport bike which could hang with a Busa, it won't be a Harley and I doubt it would sell. Harley targets a totally different market. Harley has 35% of the market in Japan, more than any single Japanese manufacturer. It's not about motorcycles, it's about American lifestyle.

Linky: Harley-Davidson gains popularity in Japan › Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

Harley tried the V-Rod and have not really succeeded, it is low in sales and trade in value. It's not seen as a real Harley. If the only part of motorcyling that interests you is high technology, a Harley is not for you.

This started out as a joke and got more serious. Every motorcycle group hates on the others. Theres always going to be individuals on each of the sides bashing the others. Just dont take it so personally jeez. Ive seen you get too serious on this board a couple times. Chill pill man. Try them

RJ,
It's not just a personal thing, it is about tolerance. All in good humor? Yeah, sure and most of it is pretty funny stuff but then it seems to become just mean spirited. Do I like the image of some of the folks riding HD's ... not really but you know what? They are out there riding, enjoying the freedom and they aren't infringing on my liberty or bothering me one bit....loud pipes, leather vests and all! All in good humor, than let's keep it that way and those that can't are the ones who should be taking the chill pill. Stick around RJ, I got a few more serious years left in me.

:laugh:

Hey I have several friends on Harleys and we rag each other all in fun. Heck I even brought a Harley bud to the spring bash. I just have a problem with the arrogance of some of the riders. I've been riding for for 27 years and really could afford anything I wanted to ride. I ride a busa because it's what I want to ride. If you think you are better than me, because you ride a Harley, that's where our friendship ends. I dont think I am better than the guy on 250 Ninja. It's about respecting each other, and most riders do. I think this thread about those punks that dont wave or feel superior to us.

Hey I have several friends on Harleys and we rag each other all in fun. Heck I even brought a Harley bud to the spring bash. I just have a problem with the arrogance of some of the riders. I've been riding for for 27 years and really could afford anything I wanted to ride. I ride a busa because it's what I want to ride. If you think you are better than me, because you ride a Harley, that's where our friendship ends. I dont think I am better than the guy on 250 Ninja. It's about respecting each other, and most riders do. I think this thread about those punks that dont wave or feel superior to us.

Exactly. Its now about what you own. Its the attitude you have

VABusa brought a friend who rode a Road King and kept up with us speed demons quite well at the last Busa Bash. I have to say that I was very impressed. I am thinking his name was Andy. Hopefully, he will buy a real bike so that he can kick all of our azzes.

What I have failed to understand is why some Busa riders pick on Harley riders? I also visit a Harley forum and have not witnessed any bashing on Busa peeps. Someone had mentioned that DUCATI owners (aka Ducatisti) are the biggest snobs but no zings for them here.

Some of my fellow HD owners may have heard of this: the Sportsters are the ones usually picked on...yup, surprise by fellow HD riders.

For the record, the bashing/hating/ribbing/teasing has never bothered me and never will. Life is too short and we only have one life to live....simply do not have time (nor room) for negativity or ill will.

Alrighty fellas, lets now hold hands and I will lead in singing KUMBAYA :cheerleader:

Screw Kumbaya, we need to sing Fuggin Hostile by Pantera!:guitar::banghead::tantrum:

I have always thought that anyone who did not wave back was an inexperienced rider, and I am proud of them for learning.

Being the owner of a busa and an m109 im the most outgoing guy you will meet. If its got 2 wheels ill ride it and ill wave to anyone. Im happy just to be out on a bike. If you dont wave or dont like what im riding, who cares. Lifes to short to worry about what other people think. They obviously have issues in there life that they have to cut other people down. I myself couldnt be happier as long as im on 2 wheels. Just my 2 cents.

Being the owner of a busa and an m109 im the most outgoing guy you will meet. If its got 2 wheels ill ride it and ill wave to anyone. Im happy just to be out on a bike. If you dont wave or dont like what im riding, who cares. Lifes to short to worry about what other people think. They obviously have issues in their life that they have to cut other people down. I myself couldnt be happier as long as im on 2 wheels. Just my 2 cents.

+1000 and a resounding AMEN! :bowdown:

2 wheels thats what counts.....please dont talk to me about 4....id pay 15K for that king...thats a machine right there.....but is gotta match the busa paint :thumbsup:

$15K is what I really want for it. You should buy it. 2007 96" with 4800 miles.

1.5 yrs ago it would of been nice......but i got the Fat bob now ....sucks....i got too many toys for my grage and my garage is HUGE!

The South Park thing was pretty darn funny.

I've got 2 harleys and up until 2 years ago, never even sat on a sport bike. Now i wont hardly get off of it.

I ride with a National MC club and am currently National VP. Mostly Harley's and cruiser bikes. I ride my Busa 75% of the time when doing club functions and rides. Guess what, those hard core harley guys ( of which i am still one of) BEG me for a chance to get on the Busa!

People in a group, no matter what the group always act differently than by themselves. It's why we have the fields of study Psychology and Sociology.

I was at my first sport bike race this weekend and let me tell ya i could barely hear myself think from all the sport bikes hitting the rev limiter...You could do that same SouthPark Episode with that sound and mentality.

Another interesting thing i noticed at those races, were the different Brand/Style groups. BMW, Yamaha, Suzuki..1000's, motards, gold wings, Ducs sccoters; All with their own way of distinguishing themselves. And man what holier than thou attitudes you get from the Kawi Concours guys...whew, would put any harley snarl to shame. I'm just saying, we all have a certain way of acting depending on who we hang with and what we are riding.

But, like what's been said before, keep an open mind and respect all bikes and bikers. Choose to ride with who you want, but get off the stereotypical bandwagon.

Were you down at mid ohio? In Lexington? If so... I was one of those rev limiter guys! haha. Also had 4 people on my Busa... at once... prolly not the best idea I've ever had, but it sure turned heads. Uh oh, I sound like one of the guys off South Park!!

P.S. Sorry I quoted the whole thing, couldn't get it to cooperate

Back