Top Reasons Harley Riders Don't Wave Back

With the exception of the custom guys almost all Harley's and Wings around here wave. Almost none of the sportbike crowd waves. I wave at everyone including scooters. 2 wheels and in the wind is enough for me. Of course if the wave is not returned I change the wave by 1 finger!:laugh:

With the exception of the custom guys almost all Harley's and Wings around here wave. Almost none of the sportbike crowd waves. I wave at everyone including scooters. 2 wheels and in the wind is enough for me. Of course if the wave is not returned I change the wave by 1 finger!:laugh:

I find that everyone waves back, as far as picking on the Harley guys? I find that even when I am riding on my Road King or my old Panhead chopper that everyone acknowledges the other. After all, it's not what you ride but that you ride! :thumbsup:

Around here the Harley riders are the ones who work normal jobs (bankers, salespeople, etc.) who throw on their gay bar leathers at the end of the day, assume the pretend life of a billy bad ass, ride with their buddies out to Hooters to be rude jerks to the waitresses and ride home pretending like they just left a Bandidos chapter meeting.

How can you respect that? I don't wave at them.

Around here the Harley riders are the ones who work normal jobs (bankers, salespeople, etc.) who throw on their gay bar leathers at the end of the day, assume the pretend life of a billy bad ass, ride with their buddies out to Hooters to be rude jerks to the waitresses and ride home pretending like they just left a Bandidos chapter meeting.

How can you respect that? I don't wave at them.

???

I think another reason the Harley guys CANT wave is because they have to keep both hands on the bars because of the heavy load they are TYPICALLY carrying on the back seat.

What is that quote "thanking Harley riders for keeping fat chicks off the back of sports bikes for over 100 years"

Last edited:
I wave to everyone as well I dont care if they ride a scooter at leastr there out there on two wheels. I'll give them respect until they disrespect!:beerchug:

I wave to everyone as well I dont care if they ride a scooter at leastr there out there on two wheels. I'll give them respect until they disrespect!:beerchug:
I occasionally waive at a scooter by accident.

Usually they look at me funny and have no idea why I am waiving to them.

Maybe they think I want to race. :laugh:

Back