harley riders....

This past weekend I rode up to Rock Springs, Wyo. and met up with my sister/brother-in-law. They ride a new Harley 103ci Classic. I took my Triumph Daytona (Busa' is still being built/rebuilt). I noticed that about 25% of the people I waved at on the way up waved back but once I was riding with them, 100% waved. Be it sportbike or harley, everyone waved when they saw the two of us riding together.

We rode back through Flaming Gorge (Great ride!) and just to make them comfortable I let them set the pace. Running through some good corners they were a gnat's a** from dragging pipes and I wasn't even off the seat yet. My BIL was telling me just how fast his 103ci was...my poor little 1200cc Triumph only has 160hp. We did hit it once side by side and by the time I hit third I couldn't see them anymore. He showed a bit more respect afterwards.

They live the new Harley lifestyle, have all the gear, are in a "club" in Denver and actually put some real miles on their bike. They certainly are in the 99%, no hardcore anything in fact too much wine and they are in bed by 9pm. Actually they are usually in bed by 9pm anyway!

It was fun going for a 500 mile ride with them, I doubt that they have a new appreciation for sportbikes but I did my best to educate them. Two day trip and I only took a tank bag. They have saddle bags, trunk, rack on the trunk, storage in front of the highway bars, stereo, air suspension, CB, gel seat pads, speakers shaking my sister's rump and couldn't accelerate up a steep hill in 100 degree temps in high gear. The mighty 103ci couldn't handle 8k' elevation, high temps and high load. He was having to shift down to maintain speed.

Unless Harley makes a true sportbike, I doubt you will ever see me owning one. I was very interested in the Buell 1125 and almost pulled the trigger on one just before Buell was shut down. That really had nothing to do with Harley though, I don't think a single part crossed over. I know plenty of Harley riders and like most of them. They do show a bit more respect for the Triumph than the Busa though. (Once they figure out it's a Triumph, a couple of them didn't believe that Triumph made a "crotch rocket" in the 90's!) I still wave at all bikes, if they don't wave back...so what. OK, I won't wave at scooters...am I going to he77 for that?

I'm a motor head , so I like all Bikes; Just not the attitude that comes with some of them. Ive seen quite a few ignorant guys on sportbikes,But diffinatly more on harleys. And they hate helmet laws..I ride my wifes V-twin wher i live on the back desolate rds cruising 24[35 without a helmet,,It does feel good,But On the busa; I feel naked and where a helmet for more than one obvious reason, I;m unbias to sport teams and autos and bikes,,I like haveing an open mind,,when I was closed minded.I;d miss alot of good players on the sports fields[whether FB or BB ,,,Now I enjoy just watching the talent of certain players abilitys is what I enjoy now,,I years ago had favorite teams and would follow them,,but found myself getting made and loseing sleep,scraming at the TV,,ect LOL.......But when It comes to auto's I like them all and wont rag on a guy because he is a ford man,chevy guy, mopar,,ect,,,all of those breads have some sweet rides,,I do have a few favoriates out of all of them,,expecially from 1955- 1970,,,mid 60;s is my favorate. And Yes Ive owned harleys,,beautifull ones,,all decked out,,,and they were the older classics,,,,,,,But I soon found out that [ 1] the name harley[ they harley run. LOL] and [2] I found out what HD stands for , and its not harley davidson,,,Its stands for Hundred Dollars,,,,,Everytime I'd take that bike out,It costed me a hundred bucks to get it home. LOL

HarleyForums2.jpg

I'm a motor head , so I like all Bikes; Just not the attitude that comes with some of them. Ive seen quite a few ignorant guys on sportbikes,But diffinatly more on harleys. And they hate helmet laws..I ride my wifes V-twin wher i live on the back desolate rds cruising 24[35 without a helmet,,It does feel good,But On the busa; I feel naked and where a helmet for more than one obvious reason, I;m unbias to sport teams and autos and bikes,,I like haveing an open mind,,when I was closed minded.I;d miss alot of good players on the sports fields[whether FB or BB ,,,Now I enjoy just watching the talent of certain players abilitys is what I enjoy now,,I years ago had favorite teams and would follow them,,but found myself getting made and loseing sleep,scraming at the TV,,ect LOL.......But when It comes to auto's I like them all and wont rag on a guy because he is a ford man,chevy guy, mopar,,ect,,,all of those breads have some sweet rides,,I do have a few favoriates out of all of them,,expecially from 1955- 1970,,,mid 60;s is my favorate. And Yes Ive owned harleys,,beautifull ones,,all decked out,,,and they were the older classics,,,,,,,But I soon found out that [ 1] the name harley[ they harley run. LOL] and [2] I found out what HD stands for , and its not harley davidson,,,Its stands for Hundred Dollars,,,,,Everytime I'd take that bike out,It costed me a hundred bucks to get it home. LOL

Can someone translate this for me? Or maybe just fix it so it's readable?? :rofl:

VABusa brought a friend who rode a Road King and kept up with us speed demons quite well at the last Busa Bash. I have to say that I was very impressed. I am thinking his name was Andy. Hopefully, he will buy a real bike so that he can kick all of our azzes.

Yep, that's Andy :thumbsup: He's fearless and rides a Road King...he's been on my Busa; came back saying "I'd kill myself on that" and is quite content hanging with the Busa gang on his land yacht :oldcool: To each his/her own...I started on a Harley and all of my family members that ride own Harleys. I'm the lone sport biker :)

BIGKILLBOYSHOT.jpg

My brother has a road king,. He loves to take long rides with his wife; They go on weekend trips. Oh BTW,,arent there any schools in catonsville MD.???
thought the post was easy to read:thumbsup:

My brother loves his road king. He doesnt care for the sports bikes. He says that the roadking keeps him at a slower speed into the curves. He knows he wouldnt drive a HP bike like he had some sense LOL. He's a good man. But he really loves the ride of that bike. He and his wife take as many weekend trips and go without knowing their destination and stay over nite where ever. Thats cool:thumbsup:

Couldn't disagree with you more Saiid. I don't know of any HD riders who spend as much time as running down Jap bikes as the people who ride Jap bikes, don't own HD's and have never ridden them do. I know I don't and personally it get's real tiresome and goes beyond the point of being funny. You want to know what gives sport bike riders a bad reputation...posts like I am seeing here.

What posts other than humor and light fun may you be referring to ?

My brother loves his road king. He doesnt care for the sports bikes. He says that the roadking keeps him at a slower speed into the curves. He knows he wouldnt drive a HP bike like he had some sense LOL. He's a good man. But he really loves the ride of that bike. He and his wife take as many weekend trips and go without knowing their destination and stay over nite where ever. Thats cool:thumbsup:

Rode an 09 Road King 2 weeks ago. Gotta admit, it handled much better than I thought, and was incredibly comfortable. It seriously feels about 300 pounds lighter than it really weighs. I'd even go so far as to say it was nimble.

what happened to south park? i have a Harley too:laugh: and i thought that south park episode was really funny!
"Hay, no ones lookin at me! maybe they don't think im cool?"
and the drums and horns and the CHICKEN on the bike :rofl:
"CHICKEN SPEARS! CHICKEN SPEARS!"
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh BTW,,arent there any schools in catonsville MD.???
thought the post was easy to read:thumbsup:

Wow, really?? I dint go to school here,,,,but wher I did, we didnt use [4] perods and comma's between broken sentencs and....throw in random [ symbol's. It's all gud :thumbsup:

I dunno, Harley dudes (and to some extent those folks who ride Ducati) seem to have an air of superiority, hubris I think they call it. Thats why I dont hang out with them:whistle:

Based on my last trip to the Busa Bash, the biggest problem with Harley riders would be roads that..... TURN, oh, that and giant rock slabs that offer themselves up to those who fail to TURN...

I thought the South Park episode was funny...
As far as waving I wave to every rider (safety permitted) no matter what they ride. You know 2 wheels are 2 wheels and cagers will never know that experience and bond!
I've been to so many get together's, bashes, etc. and met so many HD, metric, and Ducati riders and have made friends or had good conversations with 99% of them. So I personally don't judge anyone by their ride, just their attitude.

Back