Handy Stands for 08 busa

Don't know anything about them. I have Redline Industrial and love them. Support our site sponsors whenever possible.

I picked up this set when they were $99.00 and I am very impressed. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSXR-600-750-1000-HAYABUSA-Front-Rear-Motorcycle-Stands_W0QQitemZ310054455498QQihZ021QQcat
egoryZ35580QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>

I picked up this set when they were $99.00 and I am very impressed. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GSXR-600-750-1000-HAYABUSA-Front-Rear-Motorcycle-Stands_W0QQitemZ310054455498QQihZ021QQcat

egoryZ35580QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem</a>
same here. got mine before I became a member of the Org. now I try to support Org. sponsors.

You usually get what you pay for. I prefer Pitbull or this one by Suzuki (which I can't find any more)...
Of course this thread needs pictures...

DSC03924.jpg

Those handy stands look very flimsy. Get a redline stand and support our sponsors.
beerchug.gif

one of the things i miss about my old Yami FZ1 is it's stock "CENTER-STAND" feature...and as my old twisted and tweaked LP stands (used on many bikes over the past decade) grow closer and closer to being discarded?...i weigh the options and here's what i come up with...

With a centerstand?...I can..

1. Easily remove the rear wheel and preform "on-the-road chain lube and maint" (obvious)

2. (and not so obvious)...by deploying a centerstand?...it raises the rear wheel...and with minmal load on the front?...i can simply have someone sit on the pillion to raise the front wheel (for valve stem positioning or cleaning) and with some well placed screw eyes in the rafters of my garage?...i can raise the front (with some straps/rope) rocking the bike back onto it's rear wheel while suspending a minimal load (about 100-150 lbs) to facilitate front wheel/fork removal...and this is something that can not be done using the front stand shown here...but can be done by adding a busa centerstand from your local suzi dealer parts & accessories shop.

3. (and finally?)...you don't have a set of bike stands cluttering up your garage.

I know this is not for everyone but just some food for purchasing thought aimed at the casual over-the-road ST'ing types (and apartment dwellers out there) and?...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

One of the first things I did on my 1st gen was buy a centerstand. It was money well spent, even if it did take half a day to install! Now I'm looking for these for the 2008, so I'll have to see what the concensus is. I can't stand the thought (pun intended) of spending big bucks for something I don't want. Need something not too expensive but don't want junk. I read the ebay listing and they didn't sound to bad, but you never know unless you compare to a good stand.

I have had the handy stands for about 4 years and no problems with them.. store the bike on the stands all winter.. up on the stands all the time when not riding.. us the rear at the track twice a week.. good quality and good price.

i am in the market for a second set for my 08.. will try to support the board.. we need a group buy.. ?

anglestandbusa1.jpg

I have owned a set of the handy stands for a few years. They are well worth the money. I have used them with multiple bikes and at track days. The front stand does flex a little when to are removing the front wheel but it has never failed me. I also own a set of pitbull stands and there is no comparison in strength. The pitbull stands are extremely well made and strong stands but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the handy stands to someone if they were short of cash.

Redline stands....You could let an elephant sit on your Busa with those things........

Pictures anyone? Hand drawn on a napkin....
lurk.gif

I have em....and Not a single problem with em....Mybuddies, borrow them for their busas all the time as well...

Back