Handy Stands

I just got a front an rear set for my birthday (family chipped in, they love me
smile.gif
)

Haven’t received them yet. Do they come with directions?

In my head I am thinking how do you put them on the stands by yourself? it seems you would have to have the bike standing upright in order to put the stands underneath and lift it.

Can you put the bike up by yourself? or do you need someone to be holding it upright for you while you lift?

And I assume after one is on, the other one attaches and lifts easy, I am also assuming the rear should be the first end lifted then the front.

Would one of you proud Handy Stand owners give me a quick down and dirty FAM.

Thanks

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084211843 -->

It can be done pretty easily by yourself. The back goes up first then the front. Leave the kickstand down and stand on the right rear corner of the bike. This way if the bike tries to go left the kickstand is there and if it tries to go right you are there. I get the rear stand under the left spool then slowly reaching around the top of the hump I pull the bike upright while still pushing the stand upright so it stays with the left spool. After it is upright you can slide it under the right spool too and then you just push down on it. It seems to be pretty stable once you get some pressure on both spools, but i still hold onto the hump while pushing the stand down just in case. It will take a little bit of oomph/downward pressure on the stand to lift it. Once its up the front just slides under the bottom of the front fork openings and lifts right up. You will chip a little of the powder coating off of the front stand when lifting for the first time but does not hurt anything. There are other methods but this is how I do it. There was another suggestion of putting a 2x4 block under the kickstand to get it upright for lifting too. Good luck, very nerve racking the first time then it is no sweat!
smile.gif

i hold mine by the grab bar and steady it then just lift it up on the stand. granted i wouldnt do it this way if i was a smaller person, since the bus is heavy. but a bigger person can... but be carful and find a way that is comfortable for u.
smile.gif

I'm too sceered to do this solo. If I had the grab bar on, I'd try it.

Just get a 1 foot long 2" x 6" peace of wood and put it under the kick stand. That'll lift the bike to almost verticle. It's a piece of cake from there...You'll be able to do it by yourself with no problem...I do it all the time.

biggrin.gif
Just received my Handy Stands today! They are very strong in all the right places~ I did, however, have to put a couple coats of silver over the red powder coating~ The red just didn't look right with the Blu/Slvr of the bike~
wink.gif

I got mine a little cheaper even... paid $86. delivered to my door~ It was a group purchase deal on another forum though~
cool.gif

OK. I read and read, and now I went ahead and ordered the stands. Costs me $107, delivered. Now, I can't wait to get them.

Thanks for the help in decision making!

Steven

Got mine in the other day. Took me a while to perfect my technique, but once I got the Busa up on both the rear and front Handy Stands, I felt pretty comfortable with them.

The feel real sturdy and it took me a while to get the Busa off the stand. I thought I could get on it and just rocket it forward. That didn’t work.

Anyone have advice on the best way to get the thing OFF the stand? I finally got on the side and had to physically lift the back end up and forward.

Definitely mush sturdier than on the side stand and easier to do maint etc.

Love the stands..

Got mine in the other day. Took me a while to perfect my technique, but once I got the Busa up on both the rear and front Handy Stands, I felt pretty comfortable with them.

The feel real sturdy and it took me a while to get the Busa off the stand. I thought I could get on it and just rocket it forward. That didn’t work.

Anyone have advice on the best way to get the thing OFF the stand? I finally got on the side and had to physically lift the back end up and forward.

Definitely mush sturdier than on the side stand and easier to do maint etc.

Love the stands..

I ordered on the 5th but they aint here yet! arrrrrrrrrg! Called Handy and they said they didnt go out til the 11th and i should have them on the 17th wth! standing by
sad.gif

I finally got my stands in. Put the rear up with not a lot of difficulty. NOW, I put the front under the front forks and it doesn't seen to want to go in the holes. I am scared to try to lift it? Anyone got a suggestion for this?

it is scary the first time it goes up on the front stand. Have someone there to help balance/catch the bike incase something does happen. After you put it up a few times its easy as cake.

make sure you have it up on the rear stand before attempting the front one!!!!
smile.gif

This will a dumb question... I understand the rear stand will make for a much sturdier setup than the kick. Why the front?

When I take mine off of the rear stand, I put my foot in front of the wheel on the stand, and push the bike foward and it just roll,s off.
smile.gif

This will a dumb question... I understand the rear stand will make for a much sturdier setup than the kick.   Why the front?
helps cleaning the wheels, I like it for changing oil and other things..... allows for more clearance underneath and get the bike up a little higher.

Back