handy stands

hierog

Registered
anybody have these stands? for $99, i can get both stands, but you know the old saying, you get what you pay for. I vaguely remember a topic a while ago about somebody having problems getting theirs shipped, but I don't remember for sure.

Just a few Q's.
Did you get the ones with the bobbin support?
Is it easy to get the bike up with one person?

I really would like to get the front and the rear, thus the handy stands get my vote. But if they are a P.O.S., then I will have to fork over the $130 for the pitbull stands

thanks in advance

vic

p.s. here is a pic of my bone stock 2000 busa with 5200 miles on it - no cracks about the reflectors!!
jump9.gif

busa1.jpg

Handy stands are great for the money. i have had a pair for about a year, and use them all the time. wash the bike, change oil, store etc. def. get the bobbins easier to use and more stable. u will need to get some swing are spools; $20.
For the money u cant beat them.
check pic.

if u want the best then spend $300 and get a set of pit bull.

anglestandbusa1.jpg

i was the one with the shipping problems... not sure what the problem was.. but anyway. I got them in about a month and they were well worth the $100... even the wait compared to getting the $300 big name deals the same day or whatever..

get em'. you'll behappy.

I use em too. They are great, no problems and well made.

Ordered mine and they were on my door step in 3 days.

Go with the bobbin supports, you will be more pleased.

Welcome to the board!

Jay

I got a set of them also~ Got them on a Group purchase deal on a local site~ Was like $86. delivered~
I was a little skeptical about them at first too... especially for the price I was paying~ Been very pleased
with them ever since they arrived~ Although I did paint mine to match the bike...  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097956151 -->

Oh yeah... with the grab bar on, or removing the hump for something to hold on to and balance the bike upright, I have no problem getting the stands up under 'er myself~ With the hump in place it can be a pain and someone, the Mrs. in my case, may be needed to balance 'er upright from the front~
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097956231 -->

I love them and they are very easy to use (front and rear). I can get the bike up on both by myself. Oh yeah, I bought the ones to use with spools.

Postal.

Here is a pic.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097957858 -->

stands1.jpg

I bought a swing arm stand from the Suziki dealer.  It's the kind that uses spools that you install on the swing arm.

I'm having a problem getting it up
wink.gif
though.  I'm afraid that the bike is going to fall over in the process of tiping it up so that both spools engage in the stand.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is it a two person job?

<!--EDIT|A'Busa'd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097957344 -->

I bought a swing arm stand from the Suziki dealer.  It's the kind that uses spools that you install on the swing arm.

I'm having a problem getting it up
wink.gif
though.  I'm afraid that the bike is going to fall over in the process of tiping it up so that both spools engage in the stand.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is it a two person job?
Definitely a 1 person job. There are a couple ways to do it. You can use the grab rail or grab the right side of the bike (while standing on the left side) while moving the stand into position underneath one of the spools. Then use the grab rail or push the bike while sliding the stand securely underneath the opposite spool. Then just lower the handle. Others use a 2" board under the kickstand to bring the bike upright and then slide the stand under the spools. It just takes a couple times to get comfortable with the process.

I've had the handies for about 6 months now...love em. Definately a bargain for the price. Use them with bobbins...no trouble getting the bike up on 'em by myself...good product.

thanks for all of the replies. I'm gonna order them tomorrow - I'm getting tired of rolling the bike a few inches and then having the wife spray the chain lube on every few days!! LOL, been lurking for a while now and have learned a bunch from you all. Still can't figure out if I want to go Akro or Micron, slip on or full race though!!
Too many choices out there!!

What about two brothers racing?

vic - hijacked my own thread!!

Handy stands Rock for the dollar, Two thumbs up.
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|DR1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098104687 -->

10_17_Busa_006.jpg

Back