Handy Stands???

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I am pi$$ed!  I went to put my bike on my new set of Handy Stands and the front stand will not grab under the forks.  It slipped out and I broke the bottom corners off my front fender on both sides on my very first attempt.  I had the same stands when I had my last Busa and they worked great.  I sold them when I sold my last Busa so I bought the same thing again expecting the same product.  I was searching for a front fender and cam across another posting about someone having issues with Handy Stands as well.  They will be getting a call Monday morning!
cursin.gif

Ouch, that sucks......I have a Pitbull for the back, and I'm considering a Pitbull center-post lift for the front. I have a redline-front currently, but it's kind of loose at times........

I really do feel your pain. Less than 600 miles on Spudley Busa, and I took him off the new rear stand.......forgot to put the side stand down.....it was like S-L-O-W M-O-T-I-O-N as it went over.
banghead.gif
That was the "last" lesson I had to learn regarding stands......No Bueno.....

I would recomend Pit Bull too. I have a PB rear stand that is a work of art and a Lockhart Phillips front stand that is a poorly made, weld spatter covered (I'm a welder and this is a pet peeve of mine) POS. It works but is scarily shakey and will be replaced with a PB front at first chance.

Pit bull!

i have a fender if you need,its black,one missing rear tab,cant see when mounted,its doesnt rattle or anything,fits tight..lmk

051308_13591.jpg

Call Ian at Redline Engineering. He is good people and will take care of you. I have had their industrial front and rear for almost 2years and have no complaints. Also a board sponsor!

Yea I have to agree. I just purchased the front / rear stands from redline and its as solid as can be and for a very good price!

I just purchased a set for 99.00. They are BW10/BW12 (blackwidow) i will try them today and let you all know how they are.

Bill the new style Handy stands suck.. I had a pair and had the same problem the white tips don't allow for the front stand to work properly.. "BAD DESIGN"
Old style Handy's are still good stands, NEW style are NOT!

I sent mine back for a full refund. took awhile but they did do a full refund..
thumb_up.gif

Search Ebay for T Rex stands for the same money and are 10 times better. Good stands for the buck.

I now use Suzuki stands pricey but decent stands.
bowdown.gif

Thanks for all the tips guys! I loved my old Handy Stands but like Doyle said, the new white tips on the front stand suck! They do not want to grab anything at all.
DEVLDOG-Is the fender just black. My bike is an '07 and has almost a teal metallic flake in the paint? I think Handy owes me a new fender though.
I will Definitely check into all the other stands mentioned after I tear somebody a new one at Handy Industries!
You guys rule!

Thanks for all the tips guys!  I loved my old Handy Stands but like Doyle said, the new white tips on the front stand suck!  They do not want to grab anything at all.
DEVLDOG-Is the fender just black.  My bike is an '07 and has almost a teal metallic flake in the paint?  I think Handy owes me a new fender though.
I will Definitely check into all the other stands mentioned after I tear somebody a new one at Handy Industries!
You guys rule!
Yes all black

goodluck trying to get them to buy you a new one

Wow, that sucks. I'll have to remember that for the future if I ever need new stands. Hopefully Handy will do something to help make it right though I am doubting it.

They called me back today. They are definitely accepting the return and refunding my money. I haven't had a chance to ask about fender replacement. We have just been catching each others voice mails.

They are sending me a call tag and UPS will pick them up at my house. I was just looking at the T_Rex stands on e-bay. Those maybe what I go with.

Back