BEWARE Handy Industries Rear Stand CHANGED

CoolRider

Registered
I hate to post negative posts, but this needs some attention.  I have had Handy Stands for awhile now and they have fared well.  I bought a second bike and thought I'd order another set.  I went on their website and found the EXACT same description and picture of my last set and placed the order.  When the second set arrived the rear stand was very different than my original one.  

The new rear stand is about 3-4" taller/longer than the original and an inch or so wider.  It has four wheels instead of two.  It is also a different shape

While this isn't a review on how well it works, it is a notice to folks considering buying this product (or ANY product) from Handy.....you may want to call and verify you are ordering the right thing, as it may not be properly listed on their site.

Customer Service Experience:
First, it took Handy Industries a week to answer my phone call and only after some convincing did they agree to reimburse me for the stands and the initial shipping but NOT the return shipping.  DESPITE the fact that I ordered one thing and rec'd something different without ANY warning.

.....anyone needs some stands?

Can you post a pic. I have the handy's also but I would like to see what they sent you.

Let's see if I have the picture deal right....

HandyStandRearNEW.JPG

So what's wrong with the stand you received? Two additional wheels plus a longer length for better leverage would be a good thing...right?
rock.gif

Is the new stand smaller diameter tubing or something?

The new stand looks Cheesy as hell...

I'm saving my pennies for a cycle cat

(Turbo-Torch @ Dec. 11 2006,15:23) So what's wrong with the stand you received?  Two additional wheels plus a longer length for better leverage would be a good thing...right?
rock.gif

Is the new stand smaller diameter tubing or something?
+2 Thats what I thought.
rock.gif

rock.gif

Your description of the new stands has me believing it is a better stand. I understand your concern regarding your "Order", but it seem like this is a stronger stand and it is also taller. And the week wait for a reply is not all that bad IMO.... Maybe you should change th subject line to "Be Aware, Handy Industries Rear Stand changed"

Hmm... I'll +1 the above. A longer arm = more leverage from the same amount of work, or less work to lift the bike! I would flip the spool pins around though so they face inside, but other than that, the 4 wheels looks sturdy.
I'll stick with my Pitbulls though, front stem stand and rear. Love them.

The main problems here are:
1. It is not what I ordered.
2. It isn't stated on the website that I *might* get what is pictured.
3. I cannot use what was sent.

Sure, better leverage, more wheels might make for a good stand, but that's not the point.

I'm not going to sit back and have a company take my money, send me whatever they want and like it or be quiet about it.

I'm not going to sit back and have a company take my money, send me whatever they want and like it or be quiet about it. [/Quote]
I dont blame you one bit.

did you pay with cc or paypal contact them re; not reciveing what you ordered. if it is not what they were offering, they should refund.

a few guys have been down the same road with checkered flag motorsports. they zuck bad.

Back