Handy Stands

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
I picked up a set of the Handy Stand brand bike stands Friday. Only 100 bucks for the pair. They seem to work great. I had someone help me the first time I put her up, but after that nothing, to it. Think I was just scared the first time. They seem to be pretty heavy duty. I have the ones with the rubber pads instead of bobbin support. Two thumbs up for this product
thumbs-up.gif

Wait until the first time you tip it off the stands. If you catch it without it hittin' the floor it will take five years off the end of your life... and hurt your neck and back (Yeah, I speak from experience). If you don't catch it and it hits the floor you'll wish you were dead. Haven't experienced the second one yet and I hope I don't... but I can imagine.
drooling3.gif

Absolutely, Handy's rock! I would imagine there are quite a few pairs in use by folks here on the board. How can you go wrong when you're getting a front and rear stand for a cool hunsky....
thumbs-up.gif

Wait until the first time you tip it off the stands. If you catch it without it hittin' the floor it will take five years off the end of your life... and hurt your neck and back (Yeah, I speak from experience). If you don't catch it and it hits the floor you'll wish you were dead. Haven't experienced the second one yet and I hope I don't... but I can imagine.
drooling3.gif
Confidence builder there BT
laugh.gif
Hopefully it will never happen. I'll just try to take my time.

Absolutely, Handy's rock!  I would imagine there are quite a few pairs in use by folks here on the board.  How can you go wrong when you're getting a front and rear stand for a cool hunsky....
thumbs-up.gif
I have heard of them through this site and seen pics of them used here. Plus they are sold locally so no shipping needed.

drooling3.gif
Confidence builder there BT
laugh.gif
Hopefully it will never happen. I'll just try to take my time.
Yeah, I guess I didn't help much with your confidence there, huh?
biggrin.gif

I was careful around mine... I thought. I was rollin' my mechanic stool around the back of it and the wheel of the stool caught the handle, flipping the stand sideways and sending Train tumbling. I jumped from the stool and got my shoulder against it in time to save it.

The second time I was loosening the rear axle nut with a socket and breaker bar and I pulled up on it instead of pushing down. I lifted the bike off the stand on that side and the stand kicked sideways. Caught the busa on my head and neck and was afraid if I moved it would be gone. Finally got a hand hold on it and pushed it up off my head. Neck hurt for a few days, but no damage...

Just be careful and think things through when it's on the stand and you're messin' with it. Don't be clumsy and stupid like me.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Love my Handy stands, too. Although, I'm planning on upgrading to the bobbins...never can get the bike on the pads squarely
all_coholic.gif

I would have to go with the bobbins instead of the pads. Great deal at only a 100 bones.

I had the same problem with the pads... also had a problem with the brake arm side getting tangled in there.... gout the bobbin adapter and have loved it ever since.

I have had them for almost a year and they are awesome, especially if you compare the prices of pitbull and some of the others.

Back