Handy Stands

I've got the bobbins on mine. One still needs to be careful about lifting up when loosening the axle nut as BT mentioned. With a little practice, putting the bike on the rear stand isn't too bad. I learned to take my helmet off first. My chin gaurd partially obscured my view and I had a close call by not having on of the brackets on the right side bobbin correctly. Almost lost the bike on it's right side. That's a big almost, luckily.

Someone anyone?
rock.gif

Is it possible to put your bike on the rear stand without needing two people? I always have to get my neighbor to help me.

First, its easier with the grab rail, but can be done without. I stand on the left side (as if you are riding) of the bike and grab the right side of the handrail and us that to push the bike vertical. Then slide the stand under the swingarm and make sure the bobbins are aligned with the slots in the stands. Once that's done and everything is stable just push down on the stand and the rear wheel will start to come off the ground. Once the stand is on the ground and you've ensured the bike is stable you can adjust the front of the bike, but make sure to leave the kickstand down. If the bike is going to come off the stand it will hopefully fall to the left side.

Really just have to be careful and practice.

Thanks. I will try your way. I just find that the bike is so heavy, I am scared that it will fall over. Normally, I have my neighbor hold the bike upright and then I slide the stand behind it and prop it up. I will let you know how it goes.

Like I said, it just takes a little practice to build your confidence. It was also a matter of necessity because I didn't have a neighbor at home at the time I needed to propo the bike up. Probably also depends on how big you are.

I have no idea what the difference in the bobbins or pads would be, which would I need and why?
pads go under the swing arm and allows the bike to rest on them, bobbins, I think, are actually screwed into the swing arm and allow a more secure fit to the stand.

Another way to lift onto the rear stand without the grab bar is to remove the rear seat hump and pull up with the seat latch mounting bar.

First, its easier with the grab rail, but can be done without.  I stand on the left side (as if you are riding) of the bike and grab the right side of the handrail and us that to push the bike vertical.  Then slide the stand under the swingarm and make sure the bobbins are aligned with the slots in the stands.  Once that's done and everything is stable just push down on the stand and the rear wheel will start to come off the ground.  Once the stand is on the ground and you've ensured the bike is stable you can adjust the front of the bike, but make sure to leave the kickstand down.  If the bike is going to come off the stand it will hopefully fall to the left side.

Really just have to be careful and practice.
BigBS,
I tried this yesterday and had a difficult time getting the stand to stay in one position. Since the stand has wheels on it. It would role out of position everytime. Clarify for me when you say "grab the right side of the handrail and use that to push the bike vertical".
Thanks!

You guys getting the 13000 rear and 13002 front?

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112953915 -->

Back