Grab bar...

They make different sizes...from small to you gotta be fuggin kidding
tounge.gif

You post #####! lol, jk. How many threads are you going to start about this dang mod anyways?
smile.gif

Spare gloves, rain gear(in winter)bottle of water.sunglasses advil etccc...They are just handy to have.

i hate them too...my wife been trying to get rid of mine for long time...but i refuse to exercise lol

i use to hold onto while im skating from the rear of the bike.

also good for standing on while doing one legged stand up wheelies.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah... I pre-posted!!! You said tank bag and not saddle bag... my bad!!!

Anyway, how much crap can actually fit in a tank bag?
my tank bag un zips on top and extends to almost double - each side upzips and pops out aprox 4 inches. If carefully folded I can easilly store enough gear in there for a weekend trip. It also has a removable clear pocket that snaps on to hold a map. Tank bags rule!

.... in other words... the bar is not needed.

Right?

OK, it's "useful" but not NEEDED...... aye?

depends Panda-if you spend as much time modding as some folks (GPW, Hogger) then the bike is constantly goin on n off the stands, and its much easier to do with grab bar. If you like running w/hump all day and do alot of modding/fiddling, then its better to have the bar there all the time. makes life easier for the pansies who cant lift their own bike without help.
biggrin.gif

Here is why I did it.  Notice my rear stand, there is no handle.  For my rear stand, I put it under the rear stand and step on the back, jacking the bike up (which I do when I need to, not just when I have the rear seat on).  I use the grab rail to hold the bike upright and steady while I am lifting the rear.  Without my grab rail, there is very little to hold on to - especially after I did the fairing screens.  

I suppose one could argue that it would have been better easier to just get a new stand, but this is the one that I bought for my bike, in Japan, and it is my favorite stand. Also, when I did my hump storage mod, I did it incorrectly, which caused a larger than normal gap between the hump and tail fairing; having the grab bar there masks that flaw.

As far as passenger riding. my wife uses the grab bar when riding, because we communicate via intercom and I warn her anytime I am changing speed or direction.  Typically, she will grab ahold of me when accelerating and hold the grab bar to keep herself from slamming/sliding into me during hard braking.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155215033 -->

me_and_bessie.jpg

...I use the grab rail to hold the bike upright and steady while I am lifting the rear.  Without my grab rail, there is very little to hold on to...
post-6-15033-me_and_bessie.jpg

Judging by the size of you I bet you can bench press it - grab bar or not!  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155218188 -->

laugh.gif
Thanks, but I just look good - Ron's the powerhouse. I hope to grow up big and strong like him!

The grab bar is also a gauge for passengers. If they cannot sit on the rear seat and get their hands on the bar at the same time, their a$$ is too big and therefore they cannot ride.

The grab bar is also a gauge for passengers. If they cannot sit on the rear seat and get their hands on the bar at the same time, their a$$ is too big and therefore they cannot ride.
Wow. Never would have come up with that one - just hadn't thought of the grab bar as a measurement tool ...
smile.gif

Back