To hump or not to hump?

Oldroller

Registered
Somewhere here I saw a members bike with the hump and grab bar both installed on his bike. I would like to set mine up so I can go from seat to hump easily without removing the grab bar.

Apparently the hump will not fit with the bar on. Do I have to notch out the hump in order for it to fit over the bars mounting hardware?
Are all the model years the same for the hump set up?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Yes, you have to notch the hump to fit over the grab handle and yes the hump is the same for all years.

I just did this to mine, dremil tool and a steady hand. Be careful because the paint will chip if you go to fast, I did and about 1\4 inch of paint chipped off but was able to cut a little higher and it was ok.

ORoll-
There are several threads and opinions about this. You may want to hit the search button and check out any threads on the subject.

No need. Its done already. Took about 15 minutes to do. I marked the cut lines and taped along the line. Scored it with utility knife and then cut with fine tooth blade with my jigsaw. Then I took a course rasp and filed smooth to fit. When on like it was made that way.

Thanks for the replys!

I just don't get it........I know,i know, to each his own.

Can you post a pic of the finished job? I would like to see how it looks!
smile.gif

I'm in the process of removing the stock stickers on the bike. I just designed a new 3D busa logo to put back on the front fairings and it will only be about 4" x 4" in size. I like the look of my bike very discrete.

The tank is going to be the hard part. Suzuki clear coats their logo so I'm going to get into a tank repaint it looks like.
busahump.jpg

Here's the new design I plan to make for it.
hayabusa%20logo.jpg

I'm in the process of removing the stock stickers on the bike.

i was just thinking of removing the stickers from my burning copper '03 'busa as well...the kanji, name from the fairing,g and the stickers on the tail too....what's the best method to do this??  let me know if you've got some good ideas or even better, some good results!

thanks brother,
steven

<!--EDIT|steven
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112401036 -->

We certainly are polarized on the hump mod, arn't we?

It would seem you could mount the rear seat without mounting the grab rail, thereby leaving the rail in storage forever.

The grabrail sure helps when putting it on a rear stand or to bungee things on the back from time to time.

I think it looks good both ways
biggrin.gif

My purpose for keeping the grab rail on was to be able to strap down larger packages. I would rather take the bike out on a work related run than a cage whenever possible.

Nice logo. How'd you make that?

Nice logo. How'd you make that?
I used a bevel effect tool in Corel Photopaint. I have a wide format printer that can also contour cut the design to profile. The printer uses solvent inks that bond to the vinyl. I'll then laminate the printed design to protect against UV and abrasion.

It's nice to be able to create anything your mind can conjur up
smile.gif

Back