Got pulled over today

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
I was on my bike going a LITTLE fast down a 4 lane highway (hwy36) in a bit of a hurry when red and blue strobe lights light up my mirrors.
ohsnap1.gif
 I'm in a left turning lane and he had me just stay right there. He gave me the usual "you know why I pulled you over, right?" Of coarse I respond "ya, I think I was going a little fast. I was trying to stay with traffic though"  
whistling.gif
  He said "ya right for about 5 sec."
laugh.gif
 He said "I had to pull you over cause everyone saw ya. I'll probably just cut ya a break. Just remember there is a time and a place for everything"
woot.gif
 He came back in like 1 min. and told me again just to remember there is a time and place for everything and just be careful. have a good day. The dude couldn't have been any cooler about the whole thing. Cops around here are GREAT.
beerchug.gif

This is def. an occasion for our new  
banana.gif

I'm sure your attitude had something to do with his leniency. We went flying through Indianapolis Sunday and I thought of you. May the good fortune continue
beerchug.gif

He makes a VERY GOOD POINT - others saw you. Nothing worse for sport bikes than other motorists seeing a speeding biker and "NO COP around when you need one..." blah blah blah. Like he said.... there's a time and place, that time and place being when and where there is nobody else around to see you!
smile.gif
VERY nice guy he was. That restores faith in the badge

He makes a VERY GOOD POINT - others saw you.  Nothing worse for sport bikes than other motorists seeing a speeding biker and "NO COP around when you need one..." blah blah blah.  Like he said.... there's a time and place, that time and place being when and where there is nobody else around to see you!  
smile.gif
 VERY nice guy he was.  That restores faith in the badge
I wasnt being squidly or anything. I was probably doing 65 in a 45. 4 lane road with another lane in the middle designated for turning only. ALOT of people do atleast 65 on that road cause lights are so far apart and businesses are set so far back from the road its hard to just go 45

Just remember his words though because you were very lucky!

I'm sure your attitude had something to do with his leniency. We went flying through Indianapolis Sunday and I thought of you. May the good fortune continue
beerchug.gif
Yea if you know Chris, it was the "doe eyes in the headlights" look that saved his bacon
rofl.gif

Yeah...the cop that stopped you just phoned my offices to to let me know that he'd just let you off the hook. I was on the phone with Sting, so I couldn't take his call personally. Reportedly, he was very proud of himself, as you can imagine.

Truth be told, he was himself actually in quite a hurry because there was a 'red and blue-light' (jelly-filled) special at the local YumYum Donut Shop.

Bottom line: He stopped you just to get you out of his own bad way.

thumb_up.gif

he was probably an Alabama Fan.. ROLL TIDE!!!
cheerleader.gif

This is BoB and Mine's personal story about your bike!

I wasnt being squidly or anything. I was probably doing 65 in a 45. 4 lane road with another lane in the middle designated for turning only. ALOT of people do atleast 65 on that road cause lights are so far apart and businesses are set so far back from the road its hard to just go 45
FYI...it's like that in VA too. People go past you if you aren't doing at least 70! Glad he let you off the hook.

This calls for one of these.....
cheerleader.gif

Yeah...the cop that stopped you just phoned my offices to to let me know that he'd just let you off the hook.  I was on the phone with Sting, so I couldn't take his call personally.  Reportedly, he was very proud of himself, as you can imagine.

Truth be told, he was himself actually in quite a hurry because there was a 'red and blue-light' (jelly-filled) special at the local YumYum Donut Shop.  

Bottom line:  He stopped you just to get you out of his own bad way.

thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif

deadhorse.gif
Thats not nice!
corner2.png

Yeah...the cop that stopped you just phoned my offices to to let me know that he'd just let you off the hook.  I was on the phone with Sting, so I couldn't take his call personally.  Reportedly, he was very proud of himself, as you can imagine.

Bottom line:  He stopped you just to get you out of his own bad way.

thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif

deadhorse.gif
 Thats not nice!  
corner2.png
wowold.gif

Back