Got pulled over Cop was a jerk.

I gotta ask this. No anger or attitudes in the answers, just opinions. When did it change to the point where any one persons word is and better than another. Meaning, no matter what you say or do you are probably lying all the time and the Leo is always perfectly honest. Why is that. I think it should be equal. You should have to prove your innocense and the Leo should have to prove your guilt. But it is not like that at all. A Leo can just say you were speeding and needs no proof other than his word. Again, why is that. It seems to say that we are all guilty just because a Leo thinks so.

David

they dont have to show mostly it is a curtousy if they do he sounds like a ####. but there was a guy recently that got pulled over when he left he squeeled tires so got pulled over again and punched the cop in the nuts haha that is funny now he is lookin at 12 years

I gotta ask this. No anger or attitudes in the answers, just opinions. When did it change to the point where any one persons word is and better than another. Meaning, no matter what you say or do you are probably lying all the time and the Leo is always perfectly honest. Why is that. I think it should be equal. You should have to prove your innocense and the  Leo should have to prove your guilt. But it is not like that at all. A Leo can just say you were speeding and needs no proof other than his word. Again, why is that. It seems to say that we are all guilty just because a Leo thinks so.

David
The difference is that the Officer is sworn to uphold the law and enforce the law in a fair, honest consistant manner. It's like the oath taken when entering active duty.

SO

Being that we are just John Public and the Leo is a LEO their word counts more than ours. Now they still have to prove guilt, or you admit to wrong doing and pay the fine. But if you go to court and contest the ticket by golly the officer has to appear OR you walk. Simple... In theory...

In Wisconsin there is no law that says the officer is required to show you the reading if you ask. I would say perhaps, if your version of the events is correct, the officer could have done a much better job of telling you that he was not required to show you the reading.

When you were in his squad, it is of little consequence that his unit showed no reading (at least in WI). He may not even have locked you in, which, again, is of little consequence.

I know I would not have taken it very well if I were the officer and you tried to exit your vehicle. You may have been acting in a much more belligerent manner than you recall, and the officers may have video, or audio and video, to indicate this. I also would have informed you, as he did, to not attempt to open your door again unless asked, and yes, he could have ticketed or arrested you for obstructing, possibly for resisting. If you were being belligerent, I would also have not allowed you to fidget around in your vehicle or glove box to search for your ins card - never know what you may be grabbing for in an agitated state. I think he acted in the right ticketing you. If you do have ins, as you said, take it to court with you and it will be dismissed.

I'm not condoning his attitude, if this went as you said. An officer's bad attitude usually makes a bad situation worse, and unsafe for all parties involved - even innocent bystanders in some cases.

Good luck with your situation here.

5 drinks... stop whinning... i'd have breath-a-lized ya and hauled yer ass in... and I ain't even a cop..

just a parent.

I have been and Officer for 23 years and Busa 05 said it best... Here in N.Y. DWI (drunk driving) is .o8 BAC there is a very good chance you may have had a ride in the back of the car here...

While I know I deserved the flame for the drinking and driving, But some of the overboard comments Remember one thing you know you have done it too so keep the BS to yourself not gonna say names.
NOTE ON THAT IS
I PASSED HIS TEST WITH AN ACL INJURY(if some of you don't remember, I'm as sturdy as a piece of paper standing on its edge after 3 hrs of pool my knee was as solid as Jello.)
for the leo's you will agree that would not be possible if I were beyond legitimate Right?
okay done with that
I did talk to his supervisor he is gonna watch the tape and call me back he did explain the getting out of the car, MY FAULT AND I ADMIT IT, But I was not the first one to pull an attitude. and he will see that, and I stick by that! My sister in law has a law book for Texas on how to beat tickets, and it states if they refuse to show you radar, you can beat the ticket because of there refusal, now that is Texas only. But I still wasn't going 58 mph ,
My brother told me the cop said the only reason for me to be in the back of his car was for my attitude. not alcohol, speeding or ins, I think most was a big conflict of attitudes, HIS vs MINE

and Rev I started off nice and went to A$$hole because he was already being one, there is a difference. after I figured I had already lost because he was being chicken shid, went back nice yes sir and no sir. that is what prolly kept me from jail.

thanx for all of your input. I am gonna fight it because I wasn't guilty. Unless it will be more hassle than its worth, then I'll try deferred, I haven't had a ticket or anything in 5 yrs and I don't want anything on there now, however I need to do it.

Everytime I have been pulled over on the bike the first thing the Chippy says is " You want to see the radar?" Of course I say no sir and most of the time they tell me to slow down and send me on my way.

I must be in the minority on this board as I have NEVER be writ for something I have not done and I have NEVER come across a heavy badge.

me- lotsa "heavy badge" incidents
sometimes they like to ask "ever been to jail"
they dont scare me anymore, ive been 6x
i find the best thing to do is act bored
if theyre cool and joking, ill do same
if theyre being a ##### i just clam up

In Tn the officer is not required to show the indicated speed of the radar gun...

The radar gun is only used in support of what the officer sees...

5 drinks consider yourself lucky and I hope that officer that you dealt with is not a member of this board...
wink.gif

Attitude, you can expect force to be dealt with by a greater force verbal or other...

After 17 years of being an LEO and dealing with countless situations I believe that the officer made a good move by placing you in the rear set and probably prevented having to give you a good old fashion a$$ kicking...

didn't realize there were so many bible thumpin, panty wearin, and holier than tho peeps.
you cannot presume to know how long it took him to consume the beverages, his body mass, or tolerance.
There is a lot more to being under the influence than the quantity intake.

the LEOs GET the respect they show the people the speak with....
sworn officer of the court my ARSE....sworn to trick decieve and flat out lie if neccessary is all the majority of them are.

We have system that trains the people "sworn to protect", exactly how to manipulate a situation to their view point.
What kind of justice is that?
It's amazing how the simplest thing can be twisted and used against for no apparent reason...only to generate money for the system.
glorified fuggin meter maids ...

Why the hell can't they clean-up drug peddlers, murderers and domestic violence perps? cause they're to tied up worried about some guy buying burritos.
Cop must have been hungry...and jealous.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138074377 -->

because of the last post by Stunnah and all leo's that think the attitude was all mine, forces me to say this to the leo's if you are so DAMN perfect, why do you ride a Motorcycle that you know you've been way past the posted legal speed? And I'm sure you've told your supervisor you never go over the speed limit wouldn't that make you a liar right there. and because you are supposed to be a model citizen(Law obeying) that would make you two faced also!!!!!

I forgot one thing that I asked him because the way we were getting along I asked him to call a Sherriff or the Desk Sergeant because of his attitude his words to me just like the radar and I quote "I'm not gonna call anyone"
I'm telling you I had no attitude until He became an A$$hole. I don't know how else I can say it. but its obvious,
You are taking up for one of your own because it is not as it used to be, the words should be changed from
PROTECT AND SERVE
TO
HOUND AND HARRASS and LIE FOR YOUR BADGED BUDDY FUG THE PUBLIC WE ARE RIGHT!

Gentlemen....this has all the characteristics of a thread about to go south.

Please continue with the debate. Lose the name calling and the rest of the bad stuff.

No more typing words that require the top row on the keyboard.

Please and thanks. RSD.

Sorry RSD I hope noone thinks I'm actually upset at them on here, I do like heated debates it makes the world interesting thanx for the help LEO's and everyones opinions,

Leo are not above the law there subject to it just like you are
wink.gif
its not a life style its a job there are many Leo that live it 24 7 but those are the ones that seem to carry it to far and don't seem to have many friends out side the department they also want to have fun but guess what if there caught doing something wrong they are cited just the same as you and if its a reckless driving charge well then there carer will be over in that department
rock.gif
the biggest thing here is accepting responsibility for your actions if ya were speeding man up if ya were not fight it
smile.gif

Where did all the anti-Cop crap come from? Why is there so much fuggin' animosity? All the leos think? Generalization?
I never stated the attitude was all yours, but you helped let it get worse. I never said you were definately DWI, but said with 5 drinks, and no food you were certainly close.

To ask why cops who are so perfect ride motorcycles? That makes me two-faced? Okay, I'll give you this, if I were to arrest someone for riding up on one at 100+ mph in a fuggin elementary school zone during dismissal and I do the same exact thing on way home. Yup, I'm a hypocrite all right. But more importantly it makes me an idiot. I don't deserve the job, or the bike. PERIOD.

YES, THERE ARE IDIOTS (hows that rub?) WHO ARE COPS, it's documented. They come in all sizes,colors,religions,and yes, professions. I'm sure some bible thumpin, panty wearing, holier than thou' heart surgeons have colleagues they consider azzhats with as well. Sounds like the guy was sandbagging the bar. I'd give you my opinion on that but someone will just say I'm lying (like the concept of speed enforcement based on complaints) so why waste the space. I have an idiot on my job that 85% of us are waiting for his mouth to get his azz to handed to him. Unfortunately we will need to help him out of situation... eventually, due the uniform.

I'm sorry some of you guys seem to be running into the Good ol' boys who have piss poor attitudes and lack the professionalism that is SUPPOSED to go along with the responsibility of the police career. I guess I should've just written the guy on the GSXR yesterday for the uninspected,unlicensed,fail to signal(new undertail wired wrong), when he asked me why he was being stopped as he KNEW he did NOTHING wrong. Could've helped my stats out, as if they mean anything. I just wanted to let him know so he could square it all away before spring, and not get killed in the meantime... without signals.

I gotta stop responding to this stuff. To much typing for one measly addition to my post count.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1138117448 -->

good post Id gunnut thats the reason I wanted to see radar, I wasn't doing it. I made the mistake of trying to get out of car (MY FAULT). It did not help our conflicting attitudes.

Court date already set, His superior is reviewing the tape and supposed to call me back.
Insurance ticket already dropped

I'll nitpick the 5 drinks. Over how long a period? Whats your weight?

I've been out drinking and playing cards... I'll have 5 or more over a 2 hour period, then switch to water a couple hours before heading home.

And you'd be surprised what it takes to get to .08. Check out this page with a "estimator"

http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

It shows I could have 6 beers in 1 hour and be at .08. I know I'd be wasted if I did that.

Besides, lower speed limits and ba levels are just more ways for the coppers to make money.
smile.gif
We shouldn't need speed limits since the gas crisis when the 55mph speed limit was imposed. It just made so much money that they kept it.
wink.gif

PDBusa my last long statement may be a little overboard because we all have met good and bad cops One of me and my brothers good friends is a sergeant here in lubbock I play pool with his son, the Coolest DPS officer I ever met works out of plainview Tx, I was with My friend He was Running 91 MPH and got pulled over his supervisor was with him they were cutting up with us about it would have been fun if we would have took off, they were in one of the LX Mustang DPS cars we were in a Red 91 GT Mustang, they were cool as hell. I was just stating that the guy that pulled me over was Rude and a jerk, Him and Him only but just as what happened the other evening, when I felt as if Everyone saying MY ATTITUDE caused it all, I defended my self also. sorry those comments were a reference that Like you said Police are not perfect neither are we But someone has to do that job and I know its not an easy one, but if one can be great and the public will do whatever he asked cause he is polite why not the rest? If you need the Evil attitude it should be when you need to. Not to someone like me pulling in to get Burritoes. Lubbock leads alot of big towns as far as per capital crime, maybe they should focus on that.

and for time frame 2 1/2 hours I had five drinks 195 lbs. I don't think thats over board at all. I do have a high tolerence level.  
I do appreciate the cops judgement on that because I do know if they smell it, it is up to their perception on if I'm good to go or good to go to jail. I am in the belief that I was good to go and he made that call also.  otherwise I would be on here saying I got a DWI

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138118861 -->

Back