Pulled over by the cops

warp10

Donating Member
Registered
After 23,000 miles trouble free miles I was finally pulled over by the police, I was heading home from buying a new ARAI helmet, when a fire truck pulled out of the gas station in front of me. I am about one mile from the house when I saw a city police officer come up from the side street, stop and then pull out behind me, speed up to catch me and turn on his lights. Now I have a fire truck in front of me and a police officer behind, time to pull over. Stop the bike, get off, take off gloves, helmet, unzip jacket and wait for the officer to get out of his car. He gets out and walks up, I ask him why he stops me, he just replies license, insurance please. I dig those out and again ask him why he stopped me. He replies motorcycle inspection. Then he asks me where I am coming from, I tell him Bedford, 45 miles away, where I just bought a helmet. Then a county Sheriff pulls up, gets out, looks at me and shakes his head. ??? I’m thinking this is going to get bad quick. The Sheriff has a couple of words with the officer and then gets back in his car and leaves. The other officer hands me my paper work back. I again ask him what the deal is. Turns out the Sheriff had a radar trap set up and some older guy blew thru it at 113mph. about all he saw was some nice custom bike fly by. The officer thought my black and orange looked good and fast, so he pulled me over so the Sheriff could ID me. Glad the Sheriff said it wasn’t me. I was only doing 30mph at the time. I did tell the officer when he asked if my bike would go that speed, that in theory it would do that in second gear, but I don’t know for sure. :whistle: He asked me how fast will it run, I replied I don’t know, but again in theory it could hit 212mph if everything is right. :please: He asked me if I planned to find out, I said since I don’t speed the only place I can find out is at the Texas mile in march, at the Land Speed Racing event. :thumbsup: We had a couple of good laughs, then he went to look for that old guy on the custom bike.

I think I need to get some hair dye. :rofl: :rofl:

Get some hair dye, Be carefull it'll make you look like Elvis Presley. I know, Made that mistake about two years ago. We were at Panama City and my daughter wanted to do it so I said OK. Tried to wash it out with Soap,Shampoo, even tequilla. Didn't work. I was BLACK HEADED for two months. Just slow down and ride like the young guys.:laugh:

I've really only run across 1 ******* cop in my 45 years... Cops get enough attitude for no reason and if you are respectful they usually pull out of authority mode as soon as its clear your not a criminal or out to bust their balls.

So thumbs up on your experience!

I had a similar experience a while back in the cage...had a blue camaro with an L88 hood scoop. Just got off work and had no less then 13 police cars surround me, guns in hand~!~

Next a detective vehicle pulls up and checks my vehicle...

They were looking for an armed robbery suspect that had just robbed a convenience store (about 1 am) and the clerk advised it was a blue malibu with a hood scoop...

Guess a chevy's a chevy, LoL

I try hard not to speed, well not too much or too often, so I knew it was something else, just glad it turned out ok.

I had a similar experience a while back in the cage...had a blue camaro with an L88 hood scoop. Just got off work and had no less then 13 police cars surround me, guns in hand~!~

Next a detective vehicle pulls up and checks my vehicle...

They were looking for an armed robbery suspect that had just robbed a convenience store (about 1 am) and the clerk advised it was a blue malibu with a hood scoop...

Guess a chevy's a chevy, LoL

Actually we hear all kinds of vehicles described. It's best to broaden your search a little and use common sense. Witnesses aren't always that reliable.

Anyway sorry to hear about your experience.

Actually we hear all kinds of vehicles described. It's best to broaden your search a little and use common sense. Witnesses aren't always that reliable.

Anyway sorry to hear about your experience.

Yeah, I knew they were making an honest mistake and wanted to be on the safe side~!~

No need to be sorry, it was kinda exciting since I knew I hadn't done anything wrong and could verify it...they did enjoy going through and emptying my firearms~!~ :laugh:

Yeah, I knew they were making an honest mistake and wanted to be on the safe side~!~

No need to be sorry, it was kinda exciting since I knew I hadn't done anything wrong and could verify it...they did enjoy going through and emptying my firearms~!~ :laugh:

Firearms, I'm like don't touch the firearm :laugh: It's the hands brother; as long as I can see the hands I'm fine :whistle:

wish all my pullovers were with the same outcome... they always find something to right me something for... like window tint... because they wanted to search my car for drugs on account my "center consol" was loose... I hate LEOs that pick on citizens...

wish all my pullovers were with the same outcome... they always find something to right me something for... like window tint... because they wanted to search my car for drugs on account my "center consol" was loose... I hate LEOs that pick on citizens...

They were cool, once the Sheriff said it wasn't me the officer was done with me. Just gave the locals a reason to think the cops did their job and got one of those rocket bikes a ticket, not :rofl: :rofl:

Back