Got pulled over Cop was a jerk.

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
Questions for the leo's
When you pull over someone and they ask you to see the Radar what is the law on that? Do you have to show them? and why are some of them such A**holes?

Now back to me gettin Pulled over, I had went and practiced pool for a tournement(3 1/2 hrs) left there, went to a place called CiCi's that my friend owns, had 5 drinks left there going home, gonna stop and get me a couple of burritos, when I pulled into Josie's to get burritos, two cops pull in behind me, He comes up and said he pulled me over for doing 58 in a 45, I politely said I don't think I was going that fast can I see the radar this guy said "I don't have to show you anything" My response I think by law if I ask You have to show Me!" once again "I don't have to show you anything. I was starting to get out he pushed the door back shut told me I was being uncooperative. and said he could arrest me for assulting and officer for opening the door at him. I knew he smelled alcohol I'm only 3 block from where I left. GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE I wanna see if you're good to be driving! do you think you are? Me: I know I am. You wanna do these test YES SIR! follow his little pin walk the straight line okay. Remember I'm on week 12 from My acl knee Break, and passed he tried the word tricks on me do you think you could do this sober, My reply I've already told you I've had five drinks but I can't do it any better if I hadn't had one.
The SOB wouldn't even let me find my ins card, so I got a ticket for 58 in a 45 and no F/R(insurance which I have)
he set me down in the back of his car guess what I look at?
Yea you guessed it a radar with nothing on it. Just the lines through the middle. so I'm gonna go to court for the speeding and when I show them the Ins card that one gets thrown out anyway so I'm not worried about it.

But can you believe what a jerk he was being, while I become ruder and ruder by the moment, Why couldn't he have just showed me he didn't have me and let me get my damn burritos and go the hell home I don't think we got along real well.

UNFORTUNATELY WHEN YOU ASK TO SEE THE RADAR IT IMMEDIATELY PUTS THEM IN DEFENSIVE MODE AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS THEN. THE REAL D#$% COMES OUT.

I KNOW WHAT SOME WILL SAY THEY ARE JUST DOING THEIR JOB, BUT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KEEPING THEMSELVES SAFE AND BEING AN A$%HOLE.

ALSO ON ANOTHER NOTE WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU TRY AND GET OUT OF YOUR CAR? HELL HE SHOULD HAVE ARRESTED YOU FOR THAT. GENERALLY SPEAKING IF YOU TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT THEY WILL BE SOMEWHAT PROFESSIONAL ABOUT THE SITUATION. WE HAVE SOME GOOD ONES AND EVERY NOW AND THEN WE GET AHOLD OF A BAD ONE, SO COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY THAT YOU PASSED THE TESTS AND DIDN'T END UP WITH A DUI.

onerabidshark, a bit of advice for next time,dont drink and drive.The next time you do drink & drive.do NOT what so ever get out of the car unless asked,while he knew you were drinking,he could have arrested you for drunk and disorderly,OR public intoxication or worse,driving under the influence.Its best to humble yourself despite the anger,like the guy said earlier,once you put him on the defence,it becomes a pissing contest then and you will lose...You were very lucky he JUST gave you the speeding.I dont think he has to show you the radar,he could have very easily paced you.In any case,Its his word against yours,not that his cant be beat, but he wasnt the one that just left the pub AFTER 5 drinks.Hope this helps man.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137874003 -->

In the military we had to ask if you wanted to see the radar gun but I don't think that civilian cops have to .

To answer your question no we do not have to show you the radar. Also just because there was nothing on the radar does not mean he did not clock you. I have a Pro 1000 radar and when I bring someone to sit in the cer with me i always black out the radar reading also. I just push a butt6on and it blacks the screen out.

get a lawyer or check out info online.

might differ by states:
Michigan:
http://courts.co.calhoun.mi.us/quest835.htm
Question 1 below:
http://www.dps.uiuc.edu/PSR/1999-10-29.pdf

online :seems all said police doenst have to.
you should get out of the insurance one.. and if it is your first ticket.. do the safety driving thing.. if you can.. no insurance points..

good luck..
by the way.. after 9/11.. i think attitudes changed..
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137871112 -->

he wasnt the one riding the fastest bike in the world having just left the pub AFTER 5 drinks.Hope this helps man.
smile.gif
I didn't know the Hayabusa came with doors
rock.gif
. Oh well, some people got it with no hump, I guess my dealer forgot to give me my doors.
ss011.gif

Seriously though. As the guy with doors on his Hayabusa said (no NJ, I'm not letting it go) he could have given you a ticket for DUI. That being said, I think he was being generous.

Anyways, be happy you made it home without injuring yourself or any others.

I'm now on my way to the dealership I bought my bike from to ask them how can I go about getting my Hayabusa doors. Hey NJ, do they have the Kanji on 'em?

he wasnt the one riding the fastest bike in the world having just left the pub AFTER 5 drinks.Hope this helps man.
smile.gif
I didn't know the Hayabusa came with doors
rock.gif
. Oh well, some people got it with no hump, I guess my dealer forgot to give me my doors.
ss011.gif

Seriously though. As the guy with doors on his Hayabusa said (no NJ, I'm not letting it go) he could have given you a ticket for DUI. That being said, I think he was being generous.

Anyways, be happy you made it home without injuring yourself or any others.

I'm now on my way to the dealership I bought my bike from to ask them how can I go about getting my Hayabusa doors. Hey NJ, do they have the Kanji on 'em?
Dont know what I was thinking, its been a long day!

You should have gotten a DUI. You dont drink 5 drinks and then drive, and expect people to believe you know whether or not you weren going 58 in a 45. I can't believe you have this opinion as a fellow bikerider. You have a lot of nerve calling the cop a jerk.

A breath test, and you would have probably failed and you know it. You got lucky he asked you to walk a line.

Walking a straight line doesnt demonstrate reaction time nor awareness of your surroundings. It just shows you can keep your balance.

Too bad the cop let you go with your beligerence. I would have nailed your ass.

Sorry thats not the popular opinion here on the board, and sorry if it offends you. I call them as I see 'em.

Too bad the cop let you go with your beligerence.  I would have nailed your ass.

Sorry thats not the popular opinion here on the board, and sorry if it offends you.  I call them as I see 'em.
+1

Not everyone is into the group hug feel good thing around here.

When I started reading I honestly thought it was leading up to a joke where he had 5 cans of Coke or something.

I knew he smelled alcohol I'm only 3 block from where I left.[/QUOTE]

Guess not. Sounds like the cop was wrong...wrong in not giving out a breathalyzer test. I'm sure we'll be hearing on how 5 drinks won't affect a persons ability to drive.
40__s.gif

I got pulled over a couple of weeks ago for doing 65 in a 45. He let me go though because when he looked at my license he noticed that it was my birthday.
biggrin.gif

Thank you officer!
smile.gif

Lucky you didn't get a DUI.

Most people give cops a hard time. So if you are trying to argue with them, you better keep it polite and professional.

He may have acted like a jerk to you, but in the end he cut you a big break...

Some are good and some are bad. The one who gave me so much grief a coupla months ago, because 2 bikes ran from him the morning before he stopped me and thought I was the busa who ran from him is just a bad memory. The wimp sissy quit during his suspension. And I was exonerated, fully. Then I was stopped 2 weeks ago for 72 in a 65 and the Trooper was a great guy. He just said slow it down, asked about the Busa and how it ran, we shook hands and both went our own way.
Cops are like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get.

David

Since we're all fessin' up, I got popped on a toll road. Officer Ruiz said he clocked me at 95mph but, I was doing 120+ befor he saw me. Iwas pleasant to him and he was the same. He wrote me up for 80 so I could do traffic school. Nuttin but love for em.
cool.gif

90% Of the time the first A55hole is the one without a badge on. I've only had one LEO in the last 12 years that was a true SOB.

Otherwise, loose the attitude, treat them like you want to be treated and your going to be in fine shape. Still might get a ticket, but at least be decent.

5 drinks?
In NY we don't have to show RADAR reading, it's on the summons...
5 drinks?
Unless you are a fairly big guy who had a lot to eat prior to consuming you were most likely arrestable.
5 Drinks?
Kudos on you doing some of the "divided attention" tests and passing them (or he was given you a break). Had he decided on a Horizontal Gaze Nystagmus and a pre-screening device I'm fairly confident with 5 drinks on board you would have been wearing handcuffs. From what you said he gave you the tests that can be open to "professional judgement", and you benefited from them. Had you hit someone/thing, it'd have been a different outcome.

Questions for the leo's
When you pull over someone and they ask you to see the Radar what is the law on that? Do you have to show them?  and why are some of them such A**holes?

But can you believe what a jerk he was being,  while I become ruder and ruder by the moment, Why couldn't he have just showed me he didn't have me and let me get my damn burritos and go the hell home       I don't think we got along real well.
I think you answered your or question here.
wink.gif

Back