Got pulled over Cop was a jerk.

That calculator may or may not be close. It has a lot to do with food intake and what is already being digested, and personal metabolism.
I dunno, I wouldn't be able to walk to the bar for another drink to get to DWI using that formula.
sad.gif

blush.gif

Onerabid,
If a cop is in my face with attitude for no reason, I'm gonna clam up as someone mentioned before. It may all be on video like in your case. I'm wouldn't even identify myself as a LEO to him, I would when I speak to his supervisor though!

I don't think food has that much to do with it.. I think on Mythbusters the did some tests to see what would change a breathalyzer.. can't remember if food was one of the tests (ie full stomach vs. empty stomach). Maybe not. I know 1 beer on an empty stomach hits me faster. But full or not, you're still getting the same amount into your blood.

They showed on mythmusters the "smell" actually comes from the alcohol in your bloodstream through the aveoli in your lungs, which is why mints, a penny under your tongue, etc won't "cover the smell" up, at least from the breathalyzer.

On another note, when you get pulled over, and ask how fast you were going after just getting a warning, and the copper says "too fast" what does that mean? To me it means "I didn't have you clocked".. lol!

Onerabid,
If a cop is in my face with attitude for no reason, I'm gonna clam up as someone mentioned before. It may all be on video like in your case. I'm wouldn't even identify myself as a LEO to him, I would when I speak to his supervisor though!
After all the heated argument Thats what I did clamed up and did exactly what he said. Like I said b4 at that point it was yes sir and no sir. I guess maybe i should learn not to be so defensive so quickly to someone being a jerk(Cop only)
if we would have been in a store or bar and him in civilian cloths(off duty) or just a civilian with that attitude, I'm pretty sure there would have been blows thrown.

I dont know about everyone else's radar, but on mine unless you lock the the radar exactly when it reads the speed, its not gonna be on the screen. The radar reads the people as they go by and doesnt lock any speed unless you tell it to. So if you were driving and there were other cars around you, it probably read your speed, the officer saw it, then the radar read another speed.

Here in Fl we dont have to show you the radar either, like i said, its too hard to be paying attention to driving, getting a visual estimate of speed on a vehicle, looking at the radar, getting turned around to get the person, calling in the traffic stop, and having to worry about locking the radar to have to prove what you saw. By the way, maybe this is just my opinion, but arent you pressing your luck? I mean jeez, you didnt take the ride for DUI, but you are gonna fight a ticket that's 13 mph over???
As for what PDBUSA said about sandbaggin bars, if you leave a bar and you cant drive straight, then yeah im pulling you. For the people who complain about cops who wait for people to come out of bars, who cares. If you can go to a bar and be responsible fine, but to those who like to get smashed and then drive (probably the ones who complain) why shouldnt you be caught? What if someone else came out of a bar smashed then got into an accident with your spouse or child, you would have been wishing a leo would have been there to pull that person over and prevent the who situation.
Sorry for the
soapbox.gif
but i think you are being pretty petty about this whole thing.

I dont know about everyone else's radar, but on mine unless you lock the the radar exactly when it reads the speed, its not gonna be on the screen.  The radar reads the people as they go by and doesnt lock any speed unless you tell it to.  So if you were driving and there were other cars around you, it probably read your speed, the officer saw it, then the radar read another speed.  

Here in Fl we dont have to show you the radar either, like i said, its too hard to be paying attention to driving, getting a visual estimate of speed on a vehicle, looking at the radar, getting turned around to get the person, calling in the traffic stop, and having to worry about locking the radar to have to prove what you saw.  By the way, maybe this is just my opinion, but arent you pressing your luck?  I mean jeez, you didnt take the ride for DUI, but you are gonna fight a ticket that's 13 mph over???  
As for what PDBUSA said about sandbaggin bars, if you leave a bar and you cant drive straight, then yeah im pulling you.  For the people who complain about cops who wait for people to come out of bars, who cares.  If you can go to a bar and be responsible fine, but to those who like to get smashed and then drive (probably the ones who complain) why shouldnt you be caught?  What if someone else came out of a bar smashed then got into an accident with your spouse or child, you would have been wishing a leo would have been there to pull that person over and prevent the who situation.  
Sorry for the  
soapbox.gif
but i think you are being pretty petty about this whole thing.
Your comments go back to saying I'm smashed or just the way I'm reading it NO TICKET FOR DUI/No Trip to Jail soobviously that cop didn't think I was. It was about me not thinking I'm going 58 and Him becoming a jerk when asked to prove it and couldn't. Not even letting me find my insurance card.

CLASS A CDL Motorcycle indorsement
with a class A in Texas you cannot take defensive driving or Deferred now. I've always protected it so I have to now.

okay I think we beat this one enough I asked for your answers and from what I get from the LEO"S is, does not have to show. I'm getting mixed results here, when I went to the Municipal Court Yesterday, the girl taking money or fixing things(getting ins dropped), said he had to show if asked.
walk right around to other side to set up court date girl there said no, guess I need to call a lawyer.
Thanx for your responses I hope I smoothed things back with you Leo's, I'm beginning to think for hassle purposes if I could do deferred or defensive driving I would because I know its gonna be a pissing contest between me and the officer. I did sign up for the city prosecuter make a settlement. who knows? I know there tough to beat, just have to see what I can do.
thanx agaiin Ricky
smile.gif

http://us.f331.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Sh...n&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&VScan=1&Idx=0

Might have to cut and paste this but I guess if I had any "encounters" like the copper in the link I would be feeling a little edgy too. Much love for the cops but as in any profession their is always a few bad ones in the bunch. For me 5 drinks ain't that much, would I drive,,,,, no,,,,, have I ever? yes. Its a kill buzz when I drive knowing I had a few drinks. Not worth the headache, literally.

Oh and the shooting happened in TX too.

here's my opinion, cops have a license to be an A$$hole and we do not. While I do not support drinking and driving I will say 5 drinks dude you got lucky way lucky anyone with more than 1 drink in them should be arrested for DUI. Lastly dude opening the DOOR??? WTF were you thinking.. when a cop pulls you over you are being detained by that officer and IMO you should do absoutly nothing unless the cop instructs you. Keep your hands on the wheel and follow officers instructions is a simple protocol. IMO You got lucky...

Where did all the anti-Cop crap come from? Why is there so much fuggin' animosity? All the leos think? Generalization?
I never stated the attitude was all yours, but you helped let it get worse. I never said you were definately DWI, but said with 5 drinks, and no food you were certainly close.

To ask why cops who are so perfect ride motorcycles? That makes me two-faced? Okay, I'll give you this, if I were to arrest someone for riding up on one at 100+ mph in a fuggin elementary school zone during dismissal and I do the same exact thing on way home. Yup, I'm a hypocrite all right. But more importantly it makes me an idiot. I don't deserve the job, or the bike. PERIOD.

YES, THERE ARE IDIOTS (hows that rub?) WHO ARE COPS, it's documented. They come in all sizes,colors,religions,and yes, professions. I'm sure some bible thumpin, panty wearing, holier than thou' heart surgeons have colleagues they consider azzhats with as well. Sounds like the guy was sandbagging the bar. I'd give you my opinion on that but someone will just say I'm lying (like the concept of speed enforcement based on complaints) so why waste the space. I have an idiot on my job that 85% of us are waiting for his mouth to get his azz to handed to him. Unfortunately we will need to help him out of situation... eventually, due the uniform.

I'm sorry some of you guys seem to be running into the Good ol' boys who have piss poor attitudes and lack the professionalism that is SUPPOSED to go along with the responsibility of the police career. I guess I should've just written the guy on the GSXR yesterday for the uninspected,unlicensed,fail to signal(new undertail wired wrong), when he asked me why he was being stopped as he KNEW he did NOTHING wrong. Could've helped my stats out, as if they mean anything. I just wanted to let him know so he could square it all away before spring, and not get killed in the meantime... without signals.

I gotta stop responding to this stuff. To much typing for one measly addition to my post count.
smile.gif
I was pretty much with you until the end when you blessed that guy with a warning. The thing that gets me most about LEO is the above us all attitude and your last paragraph just highlighted that for me. LEO are so above the rest of us like I said in the other post on this LEO has a license to be an A$$ and many I've met use that license to its max. I don't know you personally and you maybe a fair person but the last lines for me show how typical LEO thinks there just a bit above the rest of us. That is where the animosity comes from IMO.

BTW Sunday I was rolling back from SD on the 5fwy and the speed is 65 all traffic usually runs 70++ we were in the 70-75 range not passing anyone not catching anyone just minding our own business. SUPERTROOPER comes up behind us with lights a flashing mind you there are 4 of us and he's yelling something to our lead rider can't tell what anyway we begin to yield and pull over he proceeds ahead of us speeding away? We're like wtf? 2 of us actually pull over to the shoulder and officers turnss off lights and exits the next exit. STunned we also pulled off and found him sitting waiting for us to go over the over pass apparently he was going to radar us to get a good ticket. Well we stopped at the light with him staring at us the lead rider holds out his hands in a jesture to say what? Cop wait dumba$$ at this point cuts over the road over DY's and pulls next to us waiting at the end of the exit ramp. Keeping in mind this puts him facing the wrong way on the exit but he's a cop remember the license to be an A$$. So he hollars "if you want to play game I can play games" Gives us the "I hate all you sportbikers" Where just shaking our heads at this moron and doing the yes sirs and all so he's done now and backs out of the exit ramp onto the street and almost backs into a nice custom roadster that happened to come by. If not for us hollaring to him to stop he would have hit em. So if you really want to know why people hate cops there it is simple abuse of power. We saw it in LA where cops where shooting inocent people putting people in jail wiht planted evidence its a long history with the LA PD.

we all could go on with stories about good cop bad cop our Leo guys could list countless azz hats they have had to deal with on a daily basis there will be good and bad in everything we accept that we have to or we might as well just never leave the house
wink.gif
in a world where we depend on service there is going to be good and bad but we don't seem to complain too much because we all have been the good and bad at one time or another or made the wrong decision its part of life and the learning process
smile.gif

Motrfinger,
You lost me. The reason he got a warning was he could easily rectify the situation and his attitude allowed lattitude. I know he is going to take care of it and used my discretion.
Inspection- a summons would have given him the next day of business to get inspected. Maybe a 20 dollar fine, if at all.
License- guy had passed road test, had all paperwork to show but DMV did not add endorsement to his license on teletype. Would have been dismissed in court.
Signals- Guy had just put on an undertail and was having wiring issues. Again, 24 hrs to correct, dismissed.

Maybe I should have added all this before, but I only use two index fingers to type, and it does take a while.  
wink.gif

How was a warning not appropriate? Either action I took, warning or summons, would have led to the desired outcome. That being him getting his act tightened up. The only difference was that I didn't cause him to miss a day of work to get bike inspected and another to go to court and prove it was.  

I dunno, I thought I did the right thing. Even after he asked me if I rode a Harley....
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138141343 -->

Motrfinger,
You lost me. The reason he got a warning was he could easily rectify the situation and his attitude allowed lattitude. I know he is going to take care of it and used my discretion.
Inspection- a summons would have given him the next day of business to get inspected. Maybe a 20 dollar fine, if at all.
License- guy had passed road test, had all paperwork to show but DMV did not add endorsement to his license on teletype. Would have been dismissed in court.
Signals- Guy had just put on an undertail and was having wiring issues. Again, 24 hrs to correct, dismissed.

Maybe I should have added all this before, but I only use two index fingers to type, and it does take a while.  
wink.gif

How was a warning not appropriate? Either action I took, warning or summons, would have led to the desired outcome. That being him getting his act tightened up. The only difference was that I didn't cause him to miss a day of work to get bike inspected and another to go to court and prove it was.  

I dunno, I thought I did the right thing. Even after he asked me if I rode a Harley....
laugh.gif
First of all I went on a rant this morning because of my resent unpleasant encounter with the CHP. My opinion expressed is directed mainly at traffic officers. I feel LEO does a hard job in the area of crime.

My comment wasn't that he did or did not deserve a warning or a citation. Keep in mind in California there is no inspection and as I grew up in NJ where they do have inspection I can say I disagree with their methods and means when it comes to inspections. That aside back to my point which is not whether or not he received a cit or warning but the "grace" for which is received for the warning. The attitude that LEO has done someone a favor by not giving a citation is crazy to me. I do not agree with the current method of "Traffic enforcement" I do not agree with speed laws either I think they are there mainly to generate revenue for that county, municipality, township or city and serve no purpose other than that. I also believe most LEO have a better than us attitude and that is likely the source of my disention. Personally I do not know you but my first impression are good. Hopefully you understand I'm not attacking you personally just the profession of "traffic officer" I liken the position to a repo-man "Just doing his job" yea there just doing their job but what there job is sucks. So my general impression of repo-men is they are no better than the bums that their taking the vehicle from. So I guess that means when it comes to traffic LEO I use the same analogy.

If I had 5 drinks at my local bar it would be 12 hours before I could drive.
See here in Vt any respectable drinking esablishment makes their cocktails in a pint glass
So there is at least 3 oz of booze in every glass.
3 X 5 = 15 countable for the BAC index

being a cop is tough. Sometimes your a hero and sometimes your an !@#$#@.
On another note, I feel like I just came out of a boxing match reading these posts. hahhaha.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This isn't really a question about Good/Bad Cop but more of I made a mistake and want to get out of the situation as painless as possible...
Just my observation! Being former LEO myself.
You admit you just left a bar after having five beers.
The smell of which was still fresh on your breath....  
rock.gif

You were apparently speeding (Legal definition is anything over the posted limit). In this case 58 in a 45...
Your upset over the reaction of the Officer stopping you and his interaction with you!
<span style='color:blue'>But, somethings you may or may not of pondered.</span>
Just suppose for a minute that..............
Your vehicle matched the description of a another vehicle involved in a crime for that area? How would you approach the subject/car?
The Officer that just stopped you was verbally assaulted less than one hour ago by another individual. Which leads to the agressive nature of the interaction with you. (I'm sure if this were you or me we would be able to keep our composure. I've never let anyone or thing rile me up!)  
<span style='color:royalblue'>Now lets Suppose your Correct and the Officer is just an A-Hole out to get you!</span>
WHY would he not go ahead and call a BAT van out to process you or start the process himself? By your own admission you'd been drinking. Drinking/Driving is illegal in all fifty states. He could've went ahead an cuffed/stuffed you right there. Had your car impounded while running you through the ringer! But cha know what? HE didn't! He only wrote you up for what he observed and let you go on your own merit!!! Then you go and complain to everyone how unfair the PD was to you. I think you need to re-evaluate the WHOLE situation.
Everyone makes mistakes and no one is perfect!

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>THE BUG LOST 5 M/C BUDDIES TO DRUNK DRIVERS IN TEN YEARS!</span></span>

Back