GOOD DEAL?

carlos

Registered
I everyone. I have been lurking for awhile and have not posted since I don't have my busa yet.
I came across an 06 with 23K for $6500.00
Supposivley the bike has been taken well care of. Do you all think it's a fair price?
I have a cruiser that I have put 60k miles so far with no problem.
Thanx

Need for info about the bike. Does it have any mods, etc? Welcome.

welcome.gif
aboard!
hello.gif

+1, really need some more info on the bike...

thanks for the welcom bigbsbusa.
The only mods it has is a D&D exhaust and a Zero Gravity "double bubble".
Other that that it's stock.

thanks for the welcom bigbsbusa.
The only mods it has is a D&D exhaust and a Zero Gravity "double bubble".
Other that that it's stock.
I would check it out very carefully. Seems like a low price which makes me think there may be something wrong. If your unsure about what to look for then you can probably have a board member look at it for you.

That's accurate value.

Sold my 03 Thanksgiving of 04 with 24K for 6800.

Just sold an 05 with 16K miles for 6K a month ago.

It's winter short money deals are everywhere with the 08 out.

Sounds like a good bike to me, nice to see another member in San Antonio as I am planning to move there this fall. WELCOME!
beerchug.gif

NADA pricing:

Motorcycle/ATVs
Model: GSX-R1300RK6
Piston Displacement (CCs): 1299
Stroke: 4
Cylinders: 4

Speeds: 6
Dry Weight: 478

PRICING

Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price
$6,710 $8,825
Options
Exhaust-High Performance (Street) $315 $356
TOTAL PRICE $7,025 $9,181

We have members in San Antonio and Austin, surely someone could help you check it out. Welcome to the oRg! Do you have pics or maybe a link to the ad?

The only thing about NADA is they don't let you put in the miles for a motorcycle, so it's a little off. The pricing you see there is a bit high. Most people will consider 23k a lot of miles for a bike. As we all know here the busa can go for a LONG time if taken care of. There are plenty of people on this board with over 100k. BUT every year you can easily find something almost new with VERY low miles. Lots of times somewhere between 2000 and 3000 because so many people get them and for whatever reason can't keep them and sell them. For instance, I got my 06LE in sep with 2000 miles on it, for $9000.

Kelly Blue Book
2006 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
1299cc
Suggested Retail Value $8565

Check to see the complete service history and have either yourself or some one who knows how to spot any problems go completely over the bike (REMOVE SIDE  FAIRINGS TOO) . Ask plenty of questions. If things like the chain, brake pads and tires are in need of replacing ask him to knock some more money off the asking price. if something looks wrong, don't walk--- run away from a sh-t bike!

If the bike is in Austin there are a few of us who can look at it for you. Check w/ Snapattack or Dre in San Antonio. There are a few good deals on Craig's List right now.

That's accurate value.

Sold my 03 Thanksgiving of 04 with 24K for 6800.

Just sold an 05 with 16K miles for 6K a month ago.

It's winter short money deals are everywhere with the 08 out.
The next Busa I buy I will buy it from BigBSBusa!!!! hehe

Welcome Carlos! A bike like that (if in good shape) would cost 8,500 to 10,000 in Canada.

Mike B

A good deal if the bike condition is tip top regardless of the mileage.
thumb_up.gif
Less than 2 years with a knockdown price of 20%. Check the engine, fork (critical parts) the other stuff could be replaced. With the extra cash you could do wonders on upgrades.
beerchug.gif

My next move was to post for sale on here, but this is my bike. I have all of the maintenence records from while the bike was under warranty, but became a little lax on maintaining receipts after the 12 months were up. I've cared for this bike like it was one of my children. It is imacculately clean and always garaged. I rode it over the last 18 months on my 100 mile work commute. That's the reason for the 23k mileage. The 23k is also the reason for the $6500 price. Everybody seems to be scared of mileage on a sport bike, but I don't believe they are aware of how far the Busa can go if well cared for. I seem to remember folks having 75k plus on here with theirs.

Okay, I went down once in Dec. '06 while going to work at 6:00 AM. It was pitch black and I lost depth perception in a cars headlights and entered a left turn too hot. I had slowed to about 5 mph when I hit gravel and the bike dumped on its left. It scared the left can, left faring and the stator cover. I picked it up and rode on to work. Took it to a Suzuki dealer near where i work and they inspected it. They said sine the bar end never touched the ground that the bike was fine. Replaced the faring, stator cover, put on the D&D cans and have ridden for 12 months since.

If somebody wants this bike, please come get it. My son went in the Army, so we sold his '05. I lost my riding buddy and have lost interest in the bike. I'm starting a new business and don't need any distractions. It's been a great bike and loads of fun. Sometimes we just need to move on.

Many thanks to all on this forum and the support. You are a GREAT group of people and I'll miss talking Busa. Continue the good work.

Busa_Bill

Sorry to hear about the sale, Bill. Hope you get the business started, so when your son gets back you can get another Busa.

Back