Going GoPro Wild Tomorrow

piratediverjefff

Registered
Will let ya know how the vibration is with the mirror block off mount and the tail section/suction cup,helmet mounted is always smooth.

nosbig

Registered
Am I the only one that gets very jealous to hear of someone planning an enjoyable ride this time of year?

piratediverjefff

Registered
Well,I've come to the conclusion that a camera mounted anywhere other than on your helmet just ain't worth squat.Tried the mirror block off one I just got for $50 and didn't work any better than the one I made(still had the vibrations caused by somewhat rough roads).Same with the suction cup mounted on the tail(on which I didn't have the camera itself tightened enough,the suction cup held fine but vibration caused the camera to not only record what was behind me but also the asphalt and the sky :rofl:).I have the helmet mounted recording being uploaded right now on YouTube and will post it later(nothing special,just with a couple of friends coming down the hill into Lake Elsinore...on a sunny,76 degree day...in December :whistle: :firing:).

(and have never tried to/learned how to edit so just skim through it :laugh:)

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I have found that anything on the front of the bike is boring because you can't see the bike or the speedo/tech on the shot. Anything pointing backwards is really boring because of the lens on the GoPro - it needs something in the foreground to look interesting. Mounting a camera low on the bike increased the sense of speed but reduces the sense of lean. So I agree the best shot is a helmet cam.

piratediverjefff

Registered
Something looks really weird here,like the resolution is all messed up(is much clearer on my computer than when viewed on the YouTube site).Oh well,my old man always did say I could fuk up a wet dream.:laugh:

(guess it wouldn't hurt to read the manual,pretty sure I had it set to record on 1080p but seems to default or something...anybody know what the hell I screwed up?:laugh:)

piratediverjefff

Registered
It's weirdin' me out big Arch,where it's downloaded into my computer it's crystal clear/bright/steady,etc.,but when I view it on YouTube it's kinda dark/blurry/sketchy,etc.Guess I'll go on the GoPro site and read up.:laugh:I don't know squat about recording in a particular resolution,etc.(like maybe if it's better to record on a lower one when moving on a bike and maybe on 1080p while more stationary,or?)Open to any and all suggestions from the peanut gallery!:laugh:Including the extra battery and black housing I ordered today I'm into this thing for $500(oops,$550 including that sorry ass mirror block off mount:moon:)so I gotta get it figured out...and if not,I'm not above throwin' it in front of a fast movin' semi.:laugh:

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Well I usually record speedy stuff at 720P and 60 FPS. This seems to work well on youtube and you can't really see a problem unless you put Youtube on the TV screen (65"). Youtube has it's own compression software so when you load it the file is re-formatted. My Hero 3 is pretty awesome at 1080P though and the original files always look better than Youtube. If you are seeing motion problems from Youtube it might be your internet connection as the file looks decent to me. There is some notchyness but generally ok.

Amode

Registered
After looking at your you tube ride. What about mounting on your upper chest like a body cam. The helmet cam is to sensitive every time you move your head, It is not in tune with your bike. You have no gloves, No caps for shock adjusters, No steering cap cover. I am going to look in to a strap around the neck area right below your throat. Or make one. It looks good though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Gen II Busa on Hwy 18 going UTH. Random Thoughts 3
rubbersidedown Going to try and organize a little 'Hood Watch Random Thoughts 24
rubbersidedown Several Covid-Free activities I have going on.... Random Thoughts 37
D Help im going nuts General Bike Related Topics 21
rubbersidedown Cover me boyz,I'm going in.... Turbo 17
captain Gas prices keep going down -March 2020 Random Thoughts 3
Sandow Going 207 MPH on a Bicycle (0- 207MPH in 4.8 seconds) Off Topic 6
C In the market for my first busa - going to look at an '08 Gen II Busa Information 132
Bumblebee Going off grid for a bit Off Topic 30
N 2008 hayabusa oil isnt going up Busa problems 16
c10 Going to be moving soon . Off Topic 20
SmokeKingOfCali99Hayabusa Gen 2 fairings going on gen 1 busa General Bike Related Topics 24
1busa Anybody going......??? General Bike Related Topics 6
celticBandit 100k and going strong General Bike Related Topics 5
Trashy Kevin Vman 1300 10 Year Memorial Ride Going Current oRg Members Rides & Meets 0
SSGT_B Post Your Other Half’s Expresson When Your Going Riding Random Thoughts 8
Slowstang305 Was going to ride today... walked up to the window... Off Topic 15
JINKSTER So?...How mad are you folks going to be... General Bike Related Topics 25
ali123 Bill Cosby is innocent.. still going to jail Random Thoughts 102
himanshu23 Hayabusa not going beyond 160kmph (100miles per hour) Busa problems 43
N Going from a Ninja 300 to a Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 33
WuzzaCBXRider Harley going overseas In the News 35
bigdev My Road Going Supercharged Busa's 325bhp Dyno Run. Videos 10
s3ns4i I'm Going To Get In Trouble! New Owners Forum 9
reiecco Going Spiegler Busa Mods 3
J Going To Need Help Rescuing A 2000 Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
Fate Going To Dark Side General Bike Related Topics 27
rubbersidedown 125th Highland Games And Celtic Festival...rubb Is Going... Random Thoughts 13
hayabuser Planning On Going To The Dragon May 21st? Don't! Current oRg Members Rides & Meets 20
twotonevert Going To Try Smoking. Please School Me. Random Thoughts 24
frisbee Is Anyone Going To The Mojave Mile This Weekend? Top Speed 16
N Going Back To Stock Exhaust - Tune Needed? Gen II Busa Information 1
captain New Thread To See How Things Are Going With The Site... Random Thoughts 6
Fate Anyone Going To Daytona Bike Week? Random Thoughts 26
captain Gas Still Going Down Down Down..... Random Thoughts 29
gurrera How's YOUR day going? Random Thoughts 5
B Cager Going the wrong way on a cell phone!...on Puropse General Bike Related Topics 3
georgiabusa_05 September Bash, Who's going? 2015 Fall Hayabusa Bash Sept 23 - 27 21
GEARJAMMER Derby weekend races anybody going 1/4 Mile 0
Blackmax Help going to blow up my bike LOL All Motor 18
gurrera How's Your Day Going? It could be worse. Random Thoughts 12
captain Who's been going to concerts? Random Thoughts 9
gurrera Going to the Boat - First Time Random Thoughts 5
E Zurcher Anyone going to Biketoberfest? General Bike Related Topics 0
theshnizzle just checking out what's going on in the forum... General Bike Related Topics 3
fallenarch Helmets going bad? General Bike Related Topics 20
F 2012 Not going into 1st or neutral!?!? Please help!!!! Busa problems 10
fallenarch Ever see something so cool you would do it even if you were going to crash? Videos 12
08phantombusa Going to Schnitz Racing tomorrow for my dyno any guess on #'s General Bike Related Topics 17
Scooby315 Going back to stock from stretched... General Bike Related Topics 12