GoPro Hero2 night video test for TufBusa

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Gopro Hero2 set on 720@30fps wide.
Sandisk 32gb class 10 data card.
3 minutes from a ride other night. 75 degrees , 77% humidity , light fog.
Suction cup on side fairing.

The sound is not so good and this might be due to mounted position transferring vibes?

That thing does a nice job. Wouldn't have thought it would be that clear at night.

Tuf and I talked about this yesterday. The tech support at GoPro said you "can't burn gopro video to DVD"...I called BS. Well, not directly maybe, but did it fine thru Premier Elements that Tuf has.

Burned him a Team Gixxer session to DVD (720P 60 fps) and it did just fine. Played it last night looked pretty good and am sending to Tuf as sample

I'll probably get an HD2 later on toward summer. Looks like it does real well in the semi dark of the city, interested to see how it would do in the real dark. Like the hillbilly backwoods, 2 lane, middle of the night, dark.

Blanca,
That is so clear; How does the suction cups hold?
Considering getting one now but I needed to determine placement, where have you found it fits best?

Thanks for any input...

Saiid, question. Are you running your brights at night in this video?

Could you do a quick vid and start with low beam, go to high and back to low so I could see if there is much difference in your high beams?

You know, I still don't have my high beam right I can't tell any difference and there should be.

P.S. On your high beam bulb, is the insulater installed on the TOP or the UNDERNEATH of the bulb? Not sure if that makes difference or not, but I think mine is on the top. Not to get off the OP.

Those suction cups are INSANE. Like, a NASA invention.

I wonder if they hold up at 160ish so I can get some side fairing footage at the drag strip. Someone on here must have gone on a top speed run with the suction piece attached, how'd it go?

Blanca,
That is so clear; How does the suction cups hold?
Considering getting one now but I needed to determine placement, where have you found it fits best?

Thanks for any input...

Most here say as long as suction cup applied correctly, works like a charm. I personally might still try to make a teather. Lastly, the lower you are to the ground the more ground rush you get. I don't use a cup, I made a RAMM mount (you can by them from GoPro now) and put it on my frame slider, with another one bolted to my exhause hanger. Lastly, I've had a sticky mount on my helmet for years and never had any issues including trackdays.

PM Loomis.

I wonder if they hold up at 160ish so I can get some side fairing footage at the drag strip. Someone on here must have gone on a top speed run with the suction piece attached, how'd it go?

Most here say as long as suction cup applied correctly, works like a charm. I personally might still try to make a teather. Lastly, the lower you are to the ground the more ground rush you get. I don't use a cup, I made a RAMM mount (you can by them from GoPro now) and put it on my frame slider, with another one bolted to my exhause hanger. Lastly, I've had a sticky mount on my helmet for years and never had any issues including trackdays.

Thanks sky good idea; would hate to invest and depend on a suction cup. RAM mounts sounds like a good weekend project...

Thanks lucid; I was wondering the same...
Blanca was cruising, surely not the normal speed down south :laugh:

Dang Blanca, that little contraption works wonderfully well after dark. I like the way you mounted it to the fairing. Gives a great view.

Thank you very much for that preview. I'm going to spring for the HD2 soon.

SteveO

Cracks me up. Most people record twisties.....not Blanca:laugh:

Saiid, are we going night riding next week? :laugh: But I will NOT be your pillion!

Cracks me up. Most people record twisties.....not Blanca:laugh:

Big John, you could stand flat footed and see over the tallest land mass in Florida and the only aspect of a curve is a 4-way intersection! :laugh:

Back