Go Pro Questions

04Duramax

Registered
Soooo I'm pretty sure I'll finally be getting my GoPro for fathers day coming up :thumbsup: and my question to you guys is how do you mount yours on your bikes? I was thinking of doing the helmet mount, but was wondering what else you guys do. I have a dark smoked windscreen so mounting it off handle bars prob won't work. Does anyone use the suction cup method? I guess I'd be a little gunshy mounting a $200+ camera to a suction cup.

if you have not yet done so, contact PASHNIT about anything and everything regarding mounting a GoPro !

Soooo I'm pretty sure I'll finally be getting my GoPro for fathers day coming up :thumbsup: and my question to you guys is how do you mount yours on your bikes? I was thinking of doing the helmet mount, but was wondering what else you guys do. I have a dark smoked windscreen so mounting it off handle bars prob won't work. Does anyone use the suction cup method? I guess I'd be a little gunshy mounting a $200+ camera to a suction cup.

Used correctly, the suction cup is a BEAST... its not coming off unless what ever its attached to comes off... I actually use the suction mount for random other tasks too LOL...

That means putting it on a clean surface, depress the center button a couple times to purge the air, lift the handle from horizontal to vertical to lock it in...

I have used the gopro suction mount at "significant rates of speed" and it didnt even wobble...

Suction cup is Awesome...believe me when I say No Worries there...100+ mph not a problem...rain or shine...this suction cup is great..enjoy!
Posted via Mobile Device

I only push the button once and then flip the lever. It's like Goatkart says that suction cup ain't coming off. I've had it mounted on side of fairing at speed as well. Only thing is it only captured a low/one sided view which wasn't really good. Since your windscreen is dark suction cup on tank won't work either so try this. I used one of the included 3m tape mounts and put it here on nose. The orange 'keeper' cord is actually the reminder cable from my NY disc lock.
bf84eab7.jpg

But the most solid way to mount it in that area is to mount it off the mirror mount. Pashnit as mentioned can help there as I've seen him talk about some of his mirror mounts.

Suction cup is the only thing I've ever used. Used it on the bike, car, and the boat. Worked great for everything. Just clean off the surface you're mounting to, to make sure you get a good seal and you'll be good. I stuck it to my kitchen table and drug the table around the kitchen with it.... It's hard core.

I only push the button once and then flip the lever. It's like Goatkart says that suction cup ain't coming off. I've had it mounted on side of fairing at speed as well. Only thing is it only captured a low/one sided view which wasn't really good. Since your windscreen is dark suction cup on tank won't work either so try this. I used one of the included 3m tape mounts and put it here on nose. The orange 'keeper' cord is actually the reminder cable from my NY disc lock.
bf84eab7.jpg

But the most solid way to mount it in that area is to mount it off the mirror mount. Pashnit as mentioned can help there as I've seen him talk about some of his mirror mounts.

Great minds...

SAM_0017%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D[1].jpg

Helmet mount is the way to go!!! I even wear mine in the house!!:laugh:

- ‪MSR‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you mount yours? I have seen quite a few people mount them right under their mouth vent for a first person view.. I would think it would get in the way of my line of sight though.

I don't like it on the chin, too much to get into the way, and you would feel the weight. Mine is mounted on top of the helmet. It's high but you can see the road and usually the gauges too.

if the other pic didn't work, this one should...

110501_2 (Large).jpg

You are getting her done in that pic for sure....

I don't like it on the chin, too much to get into the way, and you would feel the weight. Mine is mounted on top of the helmet. It's high but you can see the road and usually the gauges too.

if the other pic didn't work, this one should...

Back