Going back to Europe

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So I've decided to go hang out with a good friend in Germany for a week in May, thinking of either heading north and hitting up places like Amsterdam or heading south into Venice for a few days while we are there. Any suggestions? Not been to either of those places but lots of other places in Europe.

Oh yeah, the down side to this one... no bash for me :( Was about the same amount out of pocket for the ticket to Germany as it was for me to trailer down last time

The bash will be more fun :p

Have a good time Brian, and remember, pics or if didn't happen :laugh:

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
oh I dunno, roaming around Europe with a ZR1 vette and a Porsche 911 with some disposable cash and great friends sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me... :thumbsup:

and there will be pics for sure... just perhaps not at all activities :rofl:

oh I dunno, roaming around Europe with a ZR1 vette and a Porsche 911 with some disposable cash and great friends sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me... :thumbsup:

Have room for one more? :laugh:

sounds like a good time, hope you have at least half as much fun as all of us riding some of the best roads in the country during the day and hanging out around the fire pit at night :thumbsup:

Ya got that right!!:beerchug:

If you like history Germany is full of it. Military history for sure.
You should try to go visit Dresden. There is an entire city block which to this day is untouched since the bombing in WWII. Incredible to see the destruction in person.
Really puts things on perspective.
Heck why not go to Paris ?
Eiffel Tower, The Louvre. A day or two there then up to Amsterdam for a quick trip to the red-light district , over and thru Belgium to see the track at Spa and memorials at Malmedy and Bastogne then back to Allegmagne .

Or South into the heart of France and into Monaco then over to Italy by ferry and up the countryside of Italy passing thru Florence and Piza ? Over the mountains and back into Germany ?

If you go to Italy go do the Ducati factory tour( Monday - Friday). Haven't done it yet but it's on my bucket list!

Have a fantastic time and look forward to the pictures!!

If you like history Germany is full of it. Military history for sure.
You should try to go visit Dresden. There is an entire city block which to this day is untouched since the bombing in WWII. Incredible to see the destruction in person.
Really puts things on perspective.
Heck why not go to Paris ?
Eiffel Tower, The Louvre. A day or two there then up to Amsterdam for a quick trip to the red-light district , over and thru Belgium to see the track at Spa and memorials at Malmedy and Bastogne then back to Allegmagne .

Or South into the heart of France and into Monaco then over to Italy by ferry and up the countryside of Italy passing thru Florence and Piza ? Over the mountains and back into Germany ?

Spent about 6months hopping around the UK and Germany/France and a few other places a few years ago. Spent a week in Paris with my wife and we saw most of the "tourist guide" stops :thumbsup: The work trip while I was there I was traveling with a guy who's last name was "Patton" (no really) so imagine checking into hotels in western Germany in the countryside, then entering Luxembourg :whistle:

This one is a guys trip, not going to do anything that violates my vows but probably things my wife would turn her head and be "grow up" :laugh: The Ducati tour might be pretty cool... haveta check into that one :thumbsup:

sounds like a good time, hope you have at least half as much fun as all of us riding some of the best roads in the country during the day and hanging out around the fire pit at night :thumbsup:

I wanna go to a bash :-( Just cant take the leave to make it :-(

As much fun as the bash is, I've done it a bunch. I love hanging with everyone, that's what I'll miss rather than the roads :thumbsup:.

:poke: I just hope you guys have as much fun riding the roads as we will tearing up Europe :laugh:

If you haven't seen northern France then that should placed near the top of any list. Dieppe and Normandy should give us all cause for reflection. Safe trip and have a blast!

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

I vote you go to Monaco:thumbsup:

I just saw a documentry about Monaco last night, it moved up several spot on my bucket list. Those boys have some money!!! 50 Billionaire's and over 2000 millionaire's call it home. The have Ferrari's like NYC has cabs.... Amazing!!!

I vote you go to Monaco:thumbsup:

I just saw a documentry about Monaco last night, it moved up several spot on my bucket list. Those boys have some money!!! 50 Billionaire's and over 2000 millionaire's call it home. The have Ferrari's like NYC has cabs.... Amazing!!!

Its on the list for me as well but its also on the wife's list, so um.. yeah I cant go without here unless I stay :laugh:

As for the Ferrari/Lambo/high test cars, its like that out where we live during the nicer months, they are thick as thieves on the south fork :O

If you haven't seen northern France then that should placed near the top of any list. Dieppe and Normandy should give us all cause for reflection. Safe trip and have a blast!

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Again one on the wife's list. I actually want to wait until my girls are old enough to go and appreciate it. Many things I'm waiting to take them to see but only a few years more and they'll be old enough :thumbsup:

I've been up into the northern country side but not up to Normandy yet. On my bucket list for sure.

If you go to Italy go do the Ducati factory tour( Monday - Friday). Haven't done it yet but it's on my bucket list!

Have a fantastic time and look forward to the pictures!!

Ok, if we go south to Venice, we are going to the Ducati factory tour :thumbsup: Its only 2hrs from Venice, should be a fun drive in the ZR1 or maybe we'll just rent some bikes :whistle:

Ok, if we go south to Venice, we are going to the Ducati factory tour :thumbsup: Its only 2hrs from Venice, should be a fun drive in the ZR1 or maybe we'll just rent some bikes :whistle:

Just don't let Randy know...haha. He will be going to Spain for business and the only free time he has will be on the weekends when the factory is closed. He's really bummed about it.

Just don't let Randy know...haha. He will be going to Spain for business and the only free time he has will be on the weekends when the factory is closed. He's really bummed about it.

no its open, he's just gotta get a desmo owners group to schedule a visit for sat :thumbsup:

On Saturdays combined Factory and Museum Tours are only available for DOC - Desmo Owners Clubs - (min. 10 participants), and must be booked in advance

Back