Heading to the UK & Germany

ok more pics going up of Peterborough Cathedral. Lots o history there... hoping to get a few more up tonight
cool.gif

If anyone is interested... england vs russia soccer is currently 1:0
beerchug.gif

its about the only english I get these days
sad.gif

on a side note, the soccer game was pretty kick ass
cool.gif

well if you get a chance, do it for sure
cool.gif
I will say mainland europe is a good bit cheaper than the UK. Germany has some incredible countryside and unreal sights. We are currently in a town called Trier. Its the oldest continually lived in city in germany or something like that, from the 3rd century BC according to the flyer.

Lots of cool roman stuff here, gonna try to get pics tomorrow, it was just too dark when we got here tonight.

Thx
beerchug.gif
I have another few hundred pics to upload, check out my webshots for all of them

First time into the Netherlands (Holland) for me today... was pretty cool. Went to the oldest town in Holland, lots of roman stuff and most of the place was built before our country was born... hell a good bit of it was built before columbus was a gleem in someone's eye
laugh.gif
I have something like 2000 pics so far with over 3wks to go
cool.gif
The internet is a pain in the arse so with luck I'll get some more uploaded tonight
beerchug.gif

thanks
beerchug.gif

So we are back in the UK for another ~3wks. The hotel is a best western, rated pretty shiddy online but gotta tell ya, this place is pretty dang ok. Its the best internet access I've had in Europe yet
cool.gif

http://www.jerseyarms.co.uk/ is the site.. it has audio in that nifty british accent
laugh.gif
This place is pretty cool, kinda like living in the alice in wonderland place... or for those of you that have stayed at the Phillips.... yeah, those nice level rooms LOL My coworker's room is soo off level that you literally cannot have your drink near the top of the glass or it will spill

Anywho, this week will be lots of work so not so many pics but we are trying to find some time to get out and see some sights.
cool.gif

cool.gif

well the end is in sight.... Looking like I'm going to finally get to come back to the US this sat. Time will tell but its looking good
cool.gif

I have something silly like 4000 pics, so I'm trying to figure out where to put them all... thinking they will be on a new web site
beerchug.gif

so I havent been exactly online much recently with the lack of internet access. Even moreso I have over 5000 pics now and just cant keep up with them all. Sooo I'm going to put up a site for them all along with a little bit about them. Process should be done in a month or so, just need to find the time to do it.

until then here's one from conventry. this cathederal was bombed almost back to the stone age by the germans. according to the locals, the original big fancy cross burned and this is what was left. they placed it back on the alter and never rebuilt the church. Instead there is another new one built next door.
beerchug.gif

bombedchurch.JPG

and here's another award winning postcard like shot... if anyone is really interested in it, just let me know and I'll send you the full size pic
cool.gif

towerbridge.JPG

Looks like I will be heading over there as well. First trip planned for the week of Dec. 17, then throughout next year. Might be spending up to 4 months there...

in london? I'm currently scheduled to be in germany the first half or so in december, then back in the UK for the middle of january. could be making a return appearance at that little airbase in germany near ktown sometime as well but all that is still TBD.

if we are in the UK around the same time, we should grab a beer somewhere
cool.gif

Back