Hey UK folks - I'm coming to Reading/London this weekend/early next week

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Just like the title says, I just found out that I'm coming to the UK for some meetings. I arrive Sunday in London and will be heading out to Reading through tuesday. I'm most likely going to have a free day Wednesday in London and fly out Thursday. I have to book flights still so I'm not sure of times yet. Just curious if anyone is around either Reading, Heathrow or downtown London that might want to get a bite to eat. Not sure what the schedule of events is yet, should find out more tomorrow or Friday but thought I'd toss it out there.

Not sure I could smuggle anything with me there but if there's something really hard to get that would fit in my bag and not piss off the baggage folks....and assuming I could put my hands on it before Friday I possibly import some busa items

Newman lives the UK, and Ive seen Jeremy Clarkson drive the length of the land in a day, so no reason he can meet ya.:laugh:

I've seen Jeremy do it too...though I have no clue where Newman lives in relation to where I'm gonna be. I actually just bought the flights, I'm going to arrive in London early Sat morning, staying right at the London Eye basically and then out to Reading Sunday afternoon through Tuesday. Tues night I'm going to be at LHR somewhere and then out on the noon flight back to JFK. Gonna hit up Harrods and whatever else I can find that I shouldnt spend money at but will anyway :laugh: Might even be able to bring back some good hootch, though I rarely drink it myself but there's usually a bottle or 3 that finds its way back to the states. Not that I know any whisky drinkers :whistle:

I've seen Jeremy do it too...though I have no clue where Newman lives in relation to where I'm gonna be. I actually just bought the flights, I'm going to arrive in London early Sat morning, staying right at the London Eye basically and then out to Reading Sunday afternoon through Tuesday. Tues night I'm going to be at LHR somewhere and then out on the noon flight back to JFK. Gonna hit up Harrods and whatever else I can find that I shouldnt spend money at but will anyway :laugh: Might even be able to bring back some good hootch, though I rarely drink it myself but there's usually a bottle or 3 that finds its way back to the states. Not that I know any whisky drinkers :whistle:

Don't forget the traditional ride in a black rat around London, I've heard those guys know the best places off the beaten path. There used to be a McLaren F1 in a store front somewhere in London, no idea if its still there and Google wasn't much help. Enjoy the trio Brian :thumbsup:

I wish I could make it, but Lynne's roped me in to help her put up a fence.

Well she's going to let me dig the holes for the posts, then hold the post straight until the cement sets.:laugh:

I wish she would send me to the pub instead like she usually does, but she said she can't do it by herself.:banghead:

Take lots of ice for your drinks because they don't have any there :laugh:

hehe, they have ice, just have to make sure you ask for it :laugh: or maybe you are confusing it with mexico where you dont want the ice :whistle:

Should be an interesting trip though. Plan to spend the weekend in London so hopefully there isnt too much crazy going on there this weekend. :thumbsup:

I just remember the last time thru heathrow. I asked for lots of ice in a large coke during a layover and the guy gave me TWO cubes?

I just remember the last time thru heathrow. I asked for lots of ice in a large coke during a layover and the guy gave me TWO cubes?
LOL well yes you do have to qualify your request when you are in places. Most of the time I will stock up on stuff at the concierge lounge keep things cold in the room. If I'm out and about, I just buy a cold bottle as it seems to be equally priced (you pay more to dine in) and then the coldness is less of an issue :thumbsup: This trip will be mostly in "business" areas so hopefully I wont run into too many issues but I do enjoy the hell out of going to the UK :thumbsup:

Well she's going to let me dig the holes for the posts, then hold the post straight until the cement sets.:laugh:

I wish she would send me to the pub instead like she usually does, but she said she can't do it by herself.:banghead:

If I had a car I'd come help ya with the fence Newman but this trip is all public transportation or walking. So unless you are somewhere on the tube lines or walking distance of Reading station, we'll haveta meet up next trip over :beerchug:

Thanks for the offer.
Maybe next trip like you said.
I did check it out I'm 133 miles from reading.

No electric fence, please.:please:

We DO NOT want to lose you.:laugh:

Thanks for the offer.
Maybe next trip like you said.
I did check it out I'm 133 miles from reading.

holy crap, where do you live? Maybe I need to schedule a flight into some place besides Heathrow :laugh:

And yeah, if you are doing electric fencing I'll provide all the moral support you need but would need to take a supervisory role holding the beers :poke: :laugh:

holy crap, where do you live? Maybe I need to schedule a flight into some place besides Heathrow :laugh:

And yeah, if you are doing electric fencing I'll provide all the moral support you need but would need to take a supervisory role holding the beers :poke: :laugh:

Lynn would sit ya both on the side so she could do it properly the first time round. :laugh:

Back