New Busa Across Europe in 3 Days

Projekt

Registered
Gents,
Just wanted to share a fun experience. This Monday the 24th I picked up my new 04 Black and Purple Hayabusa at Bremerhaven Port in Northern Germany close to Denmark. I am a civilian contractor working in Sarajevo for SFOR. The Bike had 1.7 miles at the port when I fired it up for the first time. In the following three days I proceeded to drive it across Europe from Bremerhaven with a final destination of Sarajevo, Bosnia. It was a fun time and has added a lot of stories to my life experience. Once I got 500 miles on the odometer, I was able to take it to 155 MPH or approximately 260 KMH. This happened to be while driving from Frankfurt to Munich on the second day. I really got it up to speed on the Autobahn. More than a few BMW and Benz drivers were up for some fun as the toyed around with doing some high speed flybys at over 130MPH at which point I would just drop two gears and reel them in. The third day was better having passed the 1000 mile marker and being able to rev to 11000 rpm on the Croatian Motorway (AutoCesta). It is super straight and empty from Zagreb to Slavonski Brod. Not empty enough however to keep it going at 180MPH (around 290KMH) too long just a few seconds actually for three seperate high speed runs. Fully swept with feet on rear pegs and chest on tank, the bike was amazingly stable. I came up and kicked my legs out to air-brake slow down and felt the front wheel dancing because the wind was causing me to pull it too hard, I just rolled the throttle down to load it and everything was cool. It was dusk and the mayflys were out in force because my Leather Joe Rocket Corona Suzuki Jacket looked like it was just splattered with green gray funk. I can attach a picture soon if someone will host it. I have much more detailed descriptions if anyone cares to read them.
Jose AKA Projekt

Wow what a great way to start - awesome story! Welcome to the board.
smile.gif

Welcome and congrats ... wow I am jealous ... to be able to roll like that legally on a daily basis has got to be the best thing in the world. Awesome !!

Yeah, welcome to the board! Sounds like pure enjoyment of the 'Busa from the beginning. 1000 miles in 3 days! Wow, I didn't hit that mark until I had mine for 8 months.

did you go through CLUJ ROMANIA?
if so let me know when your in the area agian and i can set you up for a few days

post some pics

Thanks for the great welcome. I am very enthusiastic about this bike. Nothing I have ever driven can touch it. I have a quick little 1985 Mustang with a 331 Stroker and Nitrous, there is just no comparison. I put 1752 miles on it over the course of the trip and wow it is nice to be able to get such instant gratification three days into the ride. Even better is the fact that Bosnian Police cannot issue any citations whatsoever to SFOR personnel. Talk about untouchable. This is fantastic. I have made many friends here and practically belong to a local motorcycle family here in Sarajevo and the surrounding area. Visoko is only 27KM northwest of Sarajevo, its the center of Bosnian Motorcycle culture and leather industry. Everybody knows my name there. My friend Samir Mataradzija is an expert bike builder and auto repair center owner. He owns a Ducati 998R with thermignioni carbon cans, a Yamaha R1 based street fighter with a modified Buell thunderbolt front mini fairing as well as a Turbo Suzuki GSXR1000 built with a junkyard VW diesel turbocharger and a stromberg carburetor. He is building a custom streetfighter based on a Suzuki aircooled 1100cc for a wealthy (Mercedes S600 owning) customer with Carbon fiber components, trellis frame and a 1300cc Vance & Hines high compression stroker kit. It puts 189hp to the wheel. No starter because the compression is too high to use a standard one and it must be push started. I have digitized pics of all of these bikes. It is going to be a very fun year.

Sounds like it will!

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085834029 -->

awesome !!! You are not the only one to ride a Busa in Bremerhaven, my ex g/f is from there and I rode her brother-in-law's bike from Bremerhaven north to Cuxhaven and out to Hamburg - SWEET country !!
cool.gif

This is the custom V&H 1300 Stroker I mentioned above.

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: "Add pic"|1086255270 -->

Visoko_Biker__9_.JPG

Samir and Myself in the Underground Biker Bar in Sarajevo drinking a Lasko Pivo. he's the one on the phone and I am Smiling on the inside...

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086256614 -->

000035.JPG

My new Hayabusa at the Dealership in Woodbridge Virginia. Coleman Powersports. My home is about 10 minutes north of there in Lorton just above the Occoquan River. I will scan some of me in the Corona Suzuki suit next to the bike and have them posted soon.

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086257359 -->

SideView04Busa.JPG

Back