GLOCK Handgun--Opinions?

35?

Don't buy a Glock they are made from recycled milk jugs and will melt during rapid fire during the summer months. This causes it to go FA and the top end to fly off.

None of mine have melted.... This will never be a concern unless you're trying to overheat the gun and melt the polymer. Sounds like a scare tactic from a Glock hater! ???

35?

Don't buy a Glock they are made from recycled milk jugs and will melt during rapid fire during the summer months. This causes it to go FA and the top end to fly off.

and you have obviously never seen any of the video where they "stress test" a glock. They do ridiculous things to these firearms....freeze them, heat them, put them in sand, freeze them in a block of ice, etc. they still fire.

If you don't like the gun, thats fine, but try to put some fact based information into why you dont like them instead of making things up.

if you dont believe me, go to youtube and type in "glock torture test" and see what there is to see. you may be surprised ad how much these things will endure and still fire flawlessly.

Last edited:
+1, if LE uses them you can bet they're high quality. I'm looking into getting a 27 as a back up.

Ok so I didn't read through the whole thing but I figured I'd throw in my two cents too!

I love my Glock! I picked up a used G21 .45 I love the way it feels and how it shoots, although I carry my XD .45 instead of the Glock. I picked mine up for $440 at a gun store so $300 would be a fantastic price!

The .40 is a decent round, and its going to have plenty of stopping power. I've personally never fired a .40 but I hear they have a pretty big kick to them. For $300 though you can't beat it!

None of mine have melted.... This will never be a concern unless you're trying to overheat the gun and melt the polymer. Sounds like a scare tactic from a Glock hater! ???

Oh your in TN. Be careful, if it gets too cold, them milk jugs are gonna get brittle and shatter. :rofl:

Oh your in TN. Be careful, if it gets too cold, them milk jugs are gonna get brittle and shatter. :rofl:

I've been around the Glocks for years, have yet to see one have a problem due to polymer getting too hot or too cold and I've seen thousands upon thousands or rounds go through Glocks on the range. I also have yet to see one fail due to the polymer.

As for cold weather, try this experiment. Stand outside with a steel framed pistol in a holster, then draw it and hand onto it for awhile. It will get your hand really cold really fast. Not a problem with a polymer frame though.

I've been around the Glocks for years, have yet to see one have a problem due to polymer getting too hot or too cold and I've seen thousands upon thousands or rounds go through Glocks on the range. I also have yet to see one fail due to the polymer.

As for cold weather, try this experiment. Stand outside with a steel framed pistol in a holster, then draw it and hand onto it for awhile. It will get your hand really cold really fast. Not a problem with a polymer frame though.

Oh, Ok I feel better now. I've got a few plastic guns. :thumbsup: So your not disputing that they are made from recycled milk jugs? :laugh:

Please PM me his phone number so I can get it before you do. :poke: :laugh:

I used to have one. I sold it and bought a Walther P99 .40. The Glock was nice, but I thought the muzzle flip was a bit more than I liked.

Oh, Ok I feel better now. I've got a few plastic guns. :thumbsup: So your not disputing that they are made from recycled milk jugs? :laugh:

I believe the polymer used in the frames is just a tad different from the plastic in milk jugs. I'm not a chemist so I can't give you the specifics. I guess one can call it whatever they want, doesn't much matter as long as it works. :thumbsup:

From the Blue Book:

MODEL 23/23C COMPACT SPORT/SERVICE
- .40 S&W cal., compact variation of the Model 22 with 4.02 in. ported (Model 23C, new 1999) or unported barrel and 10 (C/B 1994) or 13* (reintroduced 2004) shot mag., 23 1/2 oz. New 1990.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
MSR $599 $475 $425 $395 $365 $335 $295 $250

Add $22 for compensated barrel (Model 23C).
Add $145 for competition model w/ adj. sights (Model 23CC, mfg. 2000-2003).
During 1996, AcuSport Corp. commissioned Glock to make a special production run of matching .40 S&W cal. sets. Each set consists of a Model 23 and 27 with serialization as follows: Model 23 (ser. range AAC0000-AAC1499) and Model 27 (ser. range AAD0000-AAD1499).

Hope this helps

Back