GLOCK Handgun--Opinions?

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So, a friend of my son (both are police officiers) is selling his Glock 23 40 cal handgun. His department is switching to 45 cal guns so he wants his personal piece to be the same. The gun is about one year old and he's asking $300. I'm thinking I'd like another gun--but I don't know if this is a good price. Whatca think?

As long as it is in good condition and shoots straight. Good price..:thumbsup:
Glock is one of the finest weapons you can own. My choice..:thumbsup:

Last edited:
$300 is a steal for that gun. I would jump all over that. Police officers know guns....if we carry them, you know they're high quality and dependable.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds cheap to me. As long as it is in fair shape I would grab it up quick before someone else does.

+1, i would be all over that for that price. The Glock 23 is an excellent handgun, and is nearly indestructable. My wife has one in her bedside dresser, and I can assure you, WE didnt get that gun for 300 bucks...

Good gun and good buy.... In my opinion his department is screwing up.

Yeah and the officers arent gonna like the cost of ammo for those .45s over the cost of a .40, either.

good price for a glock.
Seems to be about 1/2 price from what I just spent on a new 19. Does it have any extras?..clips, night sights, ....

I just bought a second model 19 and a model 26 for $509 each (while you can). And I've got a Model 23. That is a great price depending on how much it's been shot (and Glocks take more abuse, shoot crappy ammo and still shoot straight than any other gun I've ever had).

I think your bud is right. .40 and .45 can look pretty similar when you aren't paying attention. I have 9MM, .40 and .45's; am thinking of keeping it to either 9MM and .45 so it's easier to keep the ammo separated. More than once I've caught myself starting to load .40 into my .45's. Great buy take it.

Last edited:
So, a friend of my son (both are police officiers) is selling his Glock 23 40 cal handgun. His department is switching to 45 cal guns so he wants his personal piece to be the same. The gun is about one year old and he's asking $300. I'm thinking I'd like another gun--but I don't know if this is a good price. Whatca think?

You need to buy it and make sure you get two or three extended round mags :thumbsup:

TRIED AND TRUE :thumbsup:

Thats a great price for a fine weapon. Model 23 is going to be my next pistol. I would have one now if I could get it for $300.

definitely good buy if it is in decent shape...i have the G22 and G27 which are the other 2 Glock .40's...you are going to love the way that gun handles :beerchug:

Back