Hello Gun Aficionados, Honest Opinions Wanted

Great responses! Thanks everyone for posting...

CARD16969, that is a cool photo, thanks for that. I think it's narrowed down to the Glock or Springfield! Keep those opinions coming!

1000 round torture test Glock 19

Part one...
Part two...

A couple comments on the above videos.
First the rangemaster himself should be shot for letting photographers step in front of the firing line. :spank:
Absolutely under no circumstances should people have been in front of him taking pics while he was shooting. Doesn't matter if they were 20 feet or 20 yds left or right of him. Bullets split, jackets separate bad things happen. Never cross the firing line when it's hot.

On the Gun. It is a testament to its durability. It got so hot it melted it's guide rod (plastic from factory) and it flew out the front. Gun still worked fine. You can see how the glock trigger rapidly took a toll on their fingers. Within a couple hundred rounds both guys were getting tired. A double/single action gun like a Beretta or Sig or a single action gun like a 1911 would have been a lot easier to rip thru that many rounds. But the heat soak from upper into lower from all the other aluminum/steel guns would have prevented them from getting a 1000 out that quick. I cannot think of a situation, even combat with zombie hordes where you would have to fire that many rounds that quick? I would have liked to see them throw that gun in a muddy puddle after a few hundred rounds and then fire it. As well as sand and all kinds of other stuff but I believe it would have still functioned fine.

Todd Jarrett world class accomplished shooter.
1000 rnds from a Para Ordnance. Reliable but You can how the heat soak gets to him.

I'll bet that's not his personal carry gun anymore :) But pretty amazing and a heck of a demonstration on the realiability of the glock. BTW, model 19 (my fav)

bought my wife a tauras slim.... not exactly happy with it...not telling her ill let her form her own opinion...when i can aim at 25 ft and not be sure where the bullets are going...not good....

I have 2 Glocks, a model 29 and a model 30, love them.. I prefer either of them to my Sig P229...

My collection so far is....
Glock 23
Glock 19
Ruger lc9
Ruger lcp
Sig 1911
Sig p250
S&w m&p 45
I would recommend any one of these guns. I carry them all(not at once lol) never have and issues and i shoot a LOT. The only bad thing i have to say out of any of those is the lcp isnt a good range gun IMO. I still shoot it at the range but my least fav gun to shoot. I carry my glocks the most, they are comfortable and because i live in NY i can get preban bags for them. I prefer striker fire over hammer guns all day but i do like all guns.

Great responses! Thanks everyone for posting...

CARD16969, that is a cool photo, thanks for that. I think it's narrowed down to the Glock or Springfield! Keep those opinions coming!

not a problem but like i said if your going to carry it i hated carrying my xd just the way it dug into my side sucked (tried 4 different holsters the best being the crossbreed and still bothered me) and i carried it for 2 years for work and the 3" sucks outside of 10 yards and is not fun to go to the range with but thats just my .02 from someone who put 3000+ rounds through it... just trying to be helpful

btw 1000 round tests are nothing ive ran 1000 rounds through every single gun i own in a single night at the range.. my personal pistol list is

Kimber pro cdp2
ruger lcp
ruger sr9c
ruger sp101 revolver 357/38
keltec p3at
2x smith and wesson 22a
smith and wesson 1911
charter arms bulldog 44 revolver

guns that were stolen in the break in
Ruger p89
springfield xd40 3"
kimber team match 2

and about 15 rifles including an ar15 lol yes im kind of a gun ***** lmfao

not a problem but like i said if your going to carry it i hated carrying my xd just the way it dug into my side sucked (tried 4 different holsters the best being the crossbreed and still bothered me) and i carried it for 2 years for work and the 3" sucks outside of 10 yards and is not fun to go to the range with but thats just my .02 from someone who put 3000+ rounds through it... just trying to be helpful

You are helpful, thank you! Besides reliability being vital, comfort is important as well. Real experiences is what I'm asking for. If you tried 4 holsters and carried the xd for 2 years, then you obviously have a valuable opinion.

Poppy I've still got the Glock 22 I carried while on range for approx 7 years. I've shot at least 20-30000 rounds out of it and only replaced a broken extractor once and a mainspring just for good measure. It's worn but still perfect. Card yes 1000 rnds isn't much. I shot that much at some matches. But it does show basic reliability of a firearm as well as the difference between how hot a polymer frame gun gets compared to metal framed ones.

Card look at Don Hume hi-ride thumb break holsters. I have same holster for multiple pistols and it's very comfortable.

Blanca, obviously the Glock is a good choice for reliability and longevity!! Seems like a no-brainer which direction to go.....

I have a taurus millinium pro and its a good shooting gun but dont use cheap ammo thru it.Mine would jam from dirty ammo_Other than that its a great compact gun for the price.Next would be the XD.Awesome but priced a little high but its a springfield.Top notch gun.

Glock is IMHO of your list the best. I carry my Glock 36 almost daily and rotate with my other favorite gun, the HKP2000sk which is a heck of a nice gun and IMHO, just a reliable as the glock and way more configurable. Should consider looking up and reviewing the HKP2000sk when you get a chance. Will not go wrong with either of these two. I've had guns all my life and that quite a stetch but I'm not in the business....... I just love guns.

I'm an XD guy. I have 3 of them. F/S 9mm, F/S 45mm, and a subcomp .40... I've owned a glock 22 Gen 4 and didn't like it. I don't like the point of aim of a Glock, and the stippling on the Gen 4 was horrendous. You however can't go wrong with a Glock, except for the early Gen 4's which should all be sorted by now.
If I were buying a CC weapon, I'd hold out for the new XD slim single stack .45

I have a Ruger LC9 that I carry and also an LCP if you are looking for VERY concealable guns..

Glock makes a great gun and for some ppl it works and some ppl it doesnt, i like the guns but personally ive found that i shoot better with other guns its a personal preference. The way that i look at it go out and shoot them and see what you like. There are alot of ranges where you can rent them and to see what you like, my shooting partner had 7 glocks at one point and time now only has 2 of them because hes found other guns that he liked and shot better... im a good shot and hes a hell of alot better than me and we both agree on the differences between grips etc of the guns and the comfort of shoot just like some people who like sig and some people who hate them. You can get advice from anyone you want but until youve shot 150 rounds through it dont just take their word for it make sure its what you like. Theres been a few guns i was so sure i was going to buy until i shot them and was like yeah nope not for me. Prime example my SR9C i absolutely HATED it till i got the first 500 rounds through it and the trigger started to break in, then i went from a 5" group to a 2 1/2" group and slowly getting tighter. Thats why i like trying my friends guns out first because they are broken in and shoot the way they are going to shoot and you can get a real opinion. Just trying to share some of the lessons that ive learned through mistakes and trust me the mistakes are EXPENSIVE lol.

heres a couple glocks for ya

The only pistol of the ones in my list I have not shot is the Stoeger, but just about 50 rounds with each. I have a Beretta Tomcat as a backup and it is reliable, no problems ever. I was aware of the positioning of the Glock prior to shooting it and had no problem with that. A little different than a S&W I use but not much. The people posting is a huge help and I do appreciate that. One thing I look at is ambidextrous features since I'm left handed. I can use either hand but prefer my left. Again, nice picture, got more? haha

Maybe the Springfield is still in the running too.....

Quick snap of the top shelf of the safe. Missing a few that are scattered around the house. :laugh:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326940960.452219.jpg

Quick snap of the top shelf of the safe. Missing a few that are scattered around the house. :laugh:

nice were waiting for the new safe to be delivered ill snap some pics when it gets here the current safe is a MESS lol its at like twice capacity lol

Back