Gen-3 ECU now able to flash/tune…

The flash is a success regardless, as there are several beneficial changes.
The reason it didn't do as much as most of us had hoped, is because the engine apparently turned out to not be as electronically limited to begin with, as most of us *assumed* it would be..like most bikes on the market today.
The flash certainly was and long awaited...

Suzuki knew what they are doing, they knew people who wanted more out of this bike will do what it takes to get it. They updated almost everything it needs to be boosted.

I'm waiting to hear the real world riding impressions.
As CM stated, the fact of now having the throttle open equally with how far you twist it, should be dramatic in itself.
We all kind of knew were Suzuki was headed with the gen 3...mid range punch where they figure riders spend most of their time....

It's still the best version of a Hayabusa yet regardless of top end or hp/tq figures....

I for one am extremely happy, I don't need 200+ rwhp, if I did I would have kept the blade or bought the BMW... I'm not a track junkie, past that stage of my life... Torque is king for me. I think that same bike in ideal weather conditions will probably touch 190hp which is over 200 crank. Or close to it. For me I will concentrate a bit on some weight reduction, exhaust and a set of wheels will yield a 7% reduction (nearly) alone. I truly believe I bought the best bike out there for my use and can't wait to have the ecu flash to get it even smoother and beef up the midrange even more. I also heard him say the ECU flash eliminates the need for the O2 sensors. At this point I will have him Flash the ECU I'll still keep my PC 5 and get the Auto-Tune for when it's less hotter here in Florida LOL

I haven't seen any actual stock Gen 3 Hayabusa runs from Chris Moore's videos but he did mention "Magic Mike" an employee of Chris Moore supposedly stock hitting 178 and 108 tq. In that video he did the M4 exhaust and if I remember correctly hit 181 peak hp after the exhaust but you could see reduced power for whatever reason in the higher rpm. The M4 exhaust gained a bit more in all areas under the peak. Anyway the lowest number I have seen is 170 for the gen 3 on a youtube video but we all know the DA, temp, humidity as well as dyno used will all skew the actual numbers.
Another thought to this is air pressures, oil used, chain lube used etc. Theres plenty of very minor things that can add up. Im sure those bikes were straight out the crate with break in oil still in them . Lets see one thats got lets say its 2nd service. On a fresh oil change with full synthetic like repsol or motul.

Another thought to this is air pressures, oil used, chain lube used etc. Theres plenty of very minor things that can add up. Im sure those bikes were straight out the crate with break in oil still in them . Lets see one thats got lets say its 2nd service. On a fresh oil change with full synthetic like repsol or motul.
100%, there are a lot of variables affecting a dyno run...

Chris Moore does a lot....a lot of dyno runs and videos on them....he's got them down to a science.

Last edited:
100%, there are a lot of variables affecting a dyno run...

Chris Moore does a lot....a lot of dyno runs and videos on them....he's got them down to a science.
I agree he has done more than he can remember. He is great at what he does no doubt. I just want to see what a broken in bike with a few thousand miles on it will do. Those bikes were still super tight. Even when he did his bike it had atleast 100 miles on it. Im not saying anything was done wrong by any means. I just know there were different variables from when he dynoed his own bike before he had it built. He made 184 with just a brocks on it. These had brocks sprint and a tune....

I agree he has done more than he can remember. He is great at what he does no doubt. I just want to see what a broken in bike with a few thousand miles on it will do. Those bikes were still super tight. Even when he did his bike it had atleast 100 miles on it. Im not saying anything was done wrong by any means. I just know there were different variables from when he dynoed his own bike before he had it built. He made 184 with just a brocks on it. These had brocks sprint and a tune....
I recall he mentioned he did a heat cycle break in on one of the bikes...not sure how that would work but I agree, they only get better as they get broke in...

Add to any number they get the ram air effect of which I'm not sure as to the increase...I know Kawasaki adds this number to their figures though.

I recall he mentioned he did a heat cycle break in on one of the bikes...not sure how that would work but I agree, they only get better as they get broke in...

Add to any number they get the ram air effect of which I'm not sure as to the increase...I know Kawasaki adds this number to their figures thoug

Add to any number they get the ram air effect of which I'm not sure as to the increase...I know Kawasaki adds this number to their figures though.
Im sure if he could dyno in a legit wind tunnel for effect he would be able to tune to speed and do some silly dyno tuning. only way to really get this is do pulls with the autotune in "MEXICO" and get a constant recommended tune based on average variable input .

Im sure if he could dyno in a legit wind tunnel for effect he would be able to tune to speed and do some silly dyno tuning. only way to really get this is do pulls with the autotune in "MEXICO" and get a constant recommended tune based on average variable input .
I'm sure Suzuki has such a tuning air tunnel for this effect especially when they were tuning for MotoGP..

Based on my testing and without directly overlaying graphs.

Stock
Sprint filter
HTP stacks

The stacks make it almost on point with a stock Gen-2 (lose everywhere except peak). Without the filter and with stacks it would probably be closer to what a stock Gen-2 makes. I’ll get the Brock’s CT put on and run the same tests to see if the stacks gain back to stock midrange and keep the top end..

B3AD602F-E002-44E8-B479-8EA4079569C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Regardless, for a bolt-on bike, with those numbers, especially the torque, it's a big improvement, and will be an incredible street bike, like the gen2 was in it's day(and still is in it's own right).
You drag and lsr guys can just keep adding turbos, lol

Maybe, as stacks usually move hp around, but Moore said in the video he's hoping to extend the rev range with them(power falls off at 10,200 now) so he should be able to squeeze a little more peak hp out of it, and maybe without sacrificing the midrange.
We all kind of knew were Suzuki was headed with the gen 3...mid range punch where they figure riders spend most of their time....

It's still the best version of a Hayabusa yet regardless of top end or hp/tq figures....
Best version? I’m not sold on that. It has some components that I would like on my Gen2, but it doesn’t scream quite like Gen2. I have plenty mid range for normal riding, racing is top end, no one has run in the 8s, or 200 mph below 7000 rpm.

Best version? I’m not sold on that. It has some components that I would like on my Gen2, but it doesn’t scream quite like Gen2. I have plenty mid range for normal riding, racing is top end, no one has run in the 8s, or 200 mph below 7000 rpm.
I kind of agree. Not 100% but some of it.
I'd happily take my Gen2 and throw some of the electronic smarts from the 3 at it.
But would I do it and give up my engine? Not a chance.
Think I'll happily stay with my Gen2 engine thanks. It's a cracker

From the factory it has better brakes, a better seat, LED lights, better suspension, full electronic suite, better ergos, a stronger mid range....how many people live above 9000rpm on a regular basis?

The gen 3 has proven to be a faster bike throughout the range until it comes to top end.

If I was out bike shopping, the gen 3 would be at the top of my list.

Back