ECU GEN 3 UNLOCK

Chris Moore/Moore Mafia are working with Brentune, and say June at the earliest.
Brock said it took Brentune a year and a half to unlock the H2(and those guys are the best).

At some point it would have to be quantified. Will an unlocked Gen 3 (OEM) ECU actually make X more power than a similarly tuned Gen 2? If its in the same ball park, while retaining all the gizmos of the Gen 3 then it would make sense, otherwise an aftermarket ECU should do the job purely from a performance perspective. I think someone is already selling a Motec setup for this! I may be off base, since I am no tuner by any stretch.

Flashed, piped, a/f dyno tuned gen2's are making the same, slightly less hp/trq as bone stock gen3's with a full exhaust at Moore Mafia.
Surely there's more timing and fuel that will be added to the gen3, and MM says it has more limitations/reatrictions.
They are expecting 200+whp with basic mods and a flash.
Consider the gen2 was a 20hp bump over the gen1, it seems we can expect about the same over the gen3.
As for Motec, I only know the little I've read about them.
They can do alot, big turbo builds use them...and they are super expensive, like the rest of one of those builds.
Not very practical or economical for a basic bolt-on bike.
MM charges a little over $400 for the ecu flash and dyno-tune on the '18 gsxr1000R(no Power Commander, and all the same fancy electronics the new Busa has too).
Even if they charge more, that's a deal in my book, a PC costs that nowdays...and you don't even need it.
And, their dyno tuning ability lives up to the hype, the gsxr's rev range is flawless.
Responsive everywhere, and pulls like you wouldn't belive.
I have faith that there is more in there in the gen3.
Hopefully I'll have one by the time it's unlocked.
Besides...I wanna say I told ya so:poke:
lmao!

A little off topic here but does anyone know what software Moore Mafia uses to tune the ECU on a gen 2? Are his tunes locked afterwards or would someone else be able to get in it to make modifications at a later date?

A little off topic here but does anyone know what software Moore Mafia uses to tune the ECU on a gen 2? Are his tunes locked afterwards or would someone else be able to get in it to make modifications at a later date?
You'de have to ask him, but I'm pretty sure it's Woolrich.
Otherwise it would be Ecu Editor, and I don't think he uses Ecu Unleashed at all.

Seems all the programming you need to get a high-end ECU like a MOTEC would be pretty involved. Also the Euro5 regs require that the bike cannot be hacked. So not sure what all that means but I wonder if it's going to be extremely involved to hack.

I really like the Gen 3, but if I get one it will be with no expectations that I can change into something different. On the other hand, when I do get one there is a chance someone will have figured it out.

He uses woolich and the way I understand it is you have to pay for another "key" to unlock it after woolich is used

Was on Instagram today and Moore says maybe this weekend! Now I gotta find time and money for some dyno time.
Yep he has loaded it on a couple bikes from the looks of it. The mate silver giveaway bike and it looks like maybe his own that he had put the aftermarket ECU on as well. Keep eyes out on his Youtube and IG

Dumb question. If one has a stock bike, would this be a good upgrade?
Not a dumb question at all. As we have seen with many other bikes, even if it's a stock, you still have restrictions on butterflys not opening all the way and sometimes overly rich conditions. So even with a stock bike, big gains can be made, just depends on how restricted the Busa is out of the box.

Back