ECU GEN 3 UNLOCK

So it sounds to me I'd benefit from getting the ecu flash then further it with a dyno tune on the pcv, is this correct? Dynojet also sells a piggyback to the pcv to auto tune meant to fine tune a given map...

Yes, unless your dyno tuner can tune the air/fuel through the ecu.
If so, I would do that, and sell the PC to offset the cost.
Or have a flash by mail, download an a/f base map to the PC and call it good.
The autotune is good too, but it's real benefit is for drag racing, for someone fighting for every ounce of power, that needs to tune for the weather and elavation in real time.
A good dyno tune, through the ecu or with a PC is ideal.

so what are the power numbers expected only been waiting 14 months

ecu reflash with stock bike RWHP ?
on decatted RWHP ?
4 in 1 ?

MM has been getting high 180's at the rear wheel with a full exhaust and nothing else.
I think mid 190's whp is a safe bet with a good air/fuel tune.
And depending on what restrictions are in the ecu now, there may be a few more hp in there too.
Keep in mind that Moore is a drag racer, so peak hp is his goal.
There should be noticeable gains throughout the rev range though, just from a/f and timing, so it's not all about paper numbers...as much as all of us would like to say the gen3 makes 200+whp with a pipe, flash, and dyno tune...and maybe, maybe we will.

MM has been getting high 180's at the rear wheel with a full exhaust and nothing else.
I think mid 190's whp is a safe bet with a good air/fuel tune.
And depending on what restrictions are in the ecu now, there may be a few more hp in there too.
Keep in mind that Moore is a drag racer, so peak hp is his goal.
There should be noticeable gains throughout the rev range though, just from a/f and timing, so it's not all about paper numbers...as much as all of us would like to say the gen3 makes 200+whp with a pipe, flash, and dyno tune...and maybe, maybe we will.
The gen 3 already makes more power throughout the rev range as it's cams are set up for that...not sure how much more it can make up top with the cams it has...

Hard to say but I'd say a gen 3 with an exhaust and filter with the ECU unlocked will be getting in the low to mid 190s to the tire. A gen 2 with the same was getting average 186 to the tire so I'd say the gen 3 will be slightly ahead.
i think the cams need changing as these are designed for Euro 5

so i'm saying 188 - 190 max might get more torque low down and mid range

i think the cams need changing as these are designed for Euro 5

so i'm saying 188 - 190 max might get more torque low down and mid range
The cams are profiled for mid range torque, that's why the gen 3 makes such a good power curve....nothing to do with Euro 5.

Changing the cams to say a gen 2 profile will take that increase away.

The cams are profiled for mid range torque, that's why the gen 3 makes such a good power curve....nothing to do with Euro 5.

Changing the cams to say a gen 2 profile will take that increase away.
but Euro 5 caused the cam to have a very low overlap hence the better low down power with reduced unburnt fuel = the result was better low down power and torque

but Euro 5 caused the cam to have a very low overlap hence the better low down power with reduced unburnt fuel = the result was better low down power and torque
Yep, that's how mid range power is achieved...but Euro 5 specs had nothing to do with that change. Suzuki wanted more mid range punch-the easiest way is to change the cam profile. The Suzuki engineers mentioned in the gen 3 video they moved the power down the rev range as that's where most people use it.

They did it with the GSX line...that's how they made the mid range power from the 'ol Gixxer engine..if one wants the top end back, they can put GSXR cams back in.

My old Bandit was the same way....Suzuki made mid range punch by changing out the cams...

Suzuki modified the cam profile of this bike shifting some of the powerband away from peak power. Even though the bike is corked up by the ECU, it's not as bad as we see on some other bikes. I think swapping out the cams is what is going to be needed to really push out some high peak/top end HP numbers but probably at the expense of some of that that nice mid-range.

This is from our developer, Justin, talking back and forth with Chris discussing what Justin has seen on their personal test bike in Australia while working on the software:

"Hi Chris

We have been able to make a bit more power, however I dont think the bike is electronically limited like some of the other US models. If you look at the torque curve it appears like they have tuned it for mid range rather than trying to get the biggest HP number. I feel like it would benefit from mechanical changes like CAMs and/or CAM timing changes to get significantly more power.

The areas where we are seeing improvements are in throttle response by tuning the ETV tables."

Suzuki modified the cam profile of this bike shifting some of the powerband away from peak power. Even though the bike is corked up by the ECU, it's not as bad as we see on some other bikes. I think swapping out the cams is what is going to be needed to really push out some high peak/top end HP numbers but probably at the expense of some of that that nice mid-range.

This is from our developer, Justin, talking back and forth with Chris discussing what Justin has seen on their personal test bike in Australia while working on the software:

"Hi Chris

We have been able to make a bit more power, however I dont think the bike is electronically limited like some of the other US models. If you look at the torque curve it appears like they have tuned it for mid range rather than trying to get the biggest HP number. I feel like it would benefit from mechanical changes like CAMs and/or CAM timing changes to get significantly more power.

The areas where we are seeing improvements are in throttle response by tuning the ETV tables."
Makes sense to me....

I think people would miss the mid range punch if they switched out the cams.....it'd end up having the same characteristics as a gen 2...

I don't see any benefit in using the Power Commander 5 considering the price point unless you don't care about actually receiving 100% throttle when you give it 100% throttle. And the Power Commander 5 also cannot tune when the bike is in open loop fueling mode when is idle and light throttle. You can however have the ECU unlocked without any fuel Corrections and then use the power commander to completely adjust the fuel tables but at that point I would just get the woolichracing autotune harness and do it right.

Makes sense to me....

I think people would miss the mid range punch if they switched out the cams.....it'd end up having the same characteristics as a gen 2...
3C68B239-6C84-4851-9EBF-4F27591A879F.jpeg

Back