Gen-3 package HTP is working on...

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
For those not following the HTP page, they just advised they have a head/cam 1,340cc package coming for the Gen-3 that just put down 249whp and 121rwtq.

Bike has a Motec ECU to fully unlock the power.

Cecil posted..."Details soon ( head , cams, valve springs, our stacks , our throttle body mods, Brock’s ct exhaust tinned with our m130 plug n play kit.)"

More to come... :cool:

6BDED9CC-D2F1-4D69-A554-BEC7492D16C4.jpeg

57ECCD6E-F97E-49B3-902C-E24A12C7C70A.jpeg

So nasty fuel for 15hp.
Cams, tune, stand alone ecu And a Cylinder head for the other 40??
Plus a full exhaust!
Sounds like a good first try for gen3 performance...only it's gonna cost a fortune!
Doesn't sound practical for daily use, or cost effective at all.
Hold out for the ecu to be unlocked and go turbo...the dollar vs hp numbers will be Alot less.

They should be able to make it pretty streetable , I would think by tune maps , like 3 stage , accessed by the rider , choice from moderate for street , up to wild full power map . @Dai. has a similar trick setup like that on his full house Yoshi LTD '08 , that bike was built by arguably the best motor builder in OZ and is ridden on the street . I am not fully up to speed on this setup , but he has 3 choice of ride power up to around 250bhp , killer n/a setup .

The MR12 is why I said it wasn't practical/streetable.
It eats and/or gums things up, needs drained before parking, isn't readily available, and costs 5 times what premium gas does.
I wonder if it'll have the option of coming with a canned tune too? Vs having to take your bike there?
The cost of a stand alone ecu vs waiting until after the ecu is unlocked, seems like a huge unnesacery expense as well.
I'm curious as to what cylinder head they are using; a ported gen2?
I can't/won't knock them for trying, as you have to start somewhere, just seems like way too much money and effort for the gain.
Also consider inflation...my 2 cents isn't worth nearly what it used to be, lol.

The MR12 is why I said it wasn't practical/streetable.
Yes , agree with you Six on that , I do not even think of street riding with race fuel . Over here you have to order it in , and buy it with race license , and huge fine if you get caught on the road . Never fueled my current bikes with anything other than 98 , which is same as your 93 , calculated differently .

Why would they use a Gen-2 head?

I’d guess around $8k for the package and once the ECU is unlocked it would drop to maybe $6k.

Even then, 240whp on 93 pump is solid especially for a 1340cc setup. Sign me up… :thumbsup:
I'd say so! I was thinking anywhere from 200-220 was respectable for a good back road blaster but with full electronics, I can see 240. I wonder if the Motec would compromise the TC and ABS?

I have talked to a few turbo guys personally and they agree if you want to turn, N/A is the way to go. Still, I would want wheels also, so really we are talking $10K. Another $4K for suspension too...

Oh MoTec is no joke. I have an ECU in my subaru, I stripped out my Cobb unit and the factory ECU junk. Cars never run better with all the factory functions. I will gladly go the same route on the Busa. The better question is I rather go into the shortblock and big bore the block 1mm if I'm already going that deep. I will watch the progress on this. I'm also only interested in running 93

When I chatted with a tuner about replacing the ecu they stated it is so expensive as you basically have to rip and replace the entire harness. Then start from scratch completely on the tune. I bet that package as stated to get 240 is at minimum 10k maybe more. You can turbo it cheaper and get even more hp than that and not be restricted to race fuel.

When I chatted with a tuner about replacing the ecu they stated it is so expensive as you basically have to rip and replace the entire harness. Then start from scratch completely on the tune. I bet that package as stated to get 240 is at minimum 10k maybe more. You can turbo it cheaper and get even more hp than that and not be restricted to race fuel.

No longer true. Several different companies make plug and play harnesses to run aftermarket ECU’s for everything including Gen-1/2/3 Hayabusa… :thumbsup:

Even if you slap a Turbo on you’ve still gotta tune it so you’re in the same boat either way until the Gen-3 ECU is unlocked.

Back