Gen-3 package HTP is working on...

I hope the ecu is limiting peak HP. These Gen 3s basically quit pulling at 10k. It's very obvious in the upper gears. I have my Brocks Penta carbon on but I have yet to ride it. I hope it helps. The weight savings alone is worth it though. The stock cans are heavy as hell. I'm sure it's going to take some air box mods as well to get it running good too.

I would like to see a better read out of the dyno on the HTP bike. The thing is making some great power but what I'm looking at is the torque and the hp together. It could be because of the differences in dynos but my Gen II has put 119.5 lb. ft. and HTP's bike did 121 lb. ft. but my hp was 219.3 at 10,700 rpm and dropping off where HTP's was 249 at 11,800 and looked like it was still going up. The torque is close to the same but the hp is plus 30. There is no doubt that the combination they have flows some air and that is where the differences are. I'd like to see the overall shape of the curve. No matter what I'm impressed with what they have come up with. I have a cell phone clip of the 8.4 pass on the Gen 3 but can't post it because the format is not supported here.

I hope the ecu is limiting peak HP. These Gen 3s basically quit pulling at 10k. It's very obvious in the upper gears. I have my Brocks Penta carbon on but I have yet to ride it. I hope it helps. The weight savings alone is worth it though. The stock cans are heavy as hell. I'm sure it's going to take some air box mods as well to get it running good too.
Gens 3s have a different cam profile as well.

Chris Moore is hoping the ECU flash will allow it to pull into the same rev range as the other generations do....here's hoping.....

I would like to see a better read out of the dyno on the HTP bike. The thing is making some great power but what I'm looking at is the torque and the hp together. It could be because of the differences in dynos but my Gen II has put 119.5 lb. ft. and HTP's bike did 121 lb. ft. but my hp was 219.3 at 10,700 rpm and dropping off where HTP's was 249 at 11,800 and looked like it was still going up. The torque is close to the same but the hp is plus 30. There is no doubt that the combination they have flows some air and that is where the differences are. I'd like to see the overall shape of the curve. No matter what I'm impressed with what they have come up with. I have a cell phone clip of the 8.4 pass on the Gen 3 but can't post it because the format is not supported here.
What is your engine combo and what head?

I don't know who ported my head I bought it used from Shane San Miguel a few years back, not one of the big name guys did it. Stock valves, APE springs, Kibblewhite steel retainers, Web .445 and .425 cams at 110 and 112 degrees. Stock TBs, short stacks, Woessner 1340 pistons, WWW ceramic bearing kit in the engine. MR12.

Just what little I see on the dyno from HTP they may have big ports in the head with O/S valves in it along with bored TB's to get that air flowing up top.

I don't know who ported my head I bought it used from Shane San Miguel a few years back, not one of the big name guys did it. Stock valves, APE springs, Kibblewhite steel retainers, Web .445 and .425 cams at 110 and 112 degrees. Stock TBs, short stacks, Woessner 1340 pistons, WWW ceramic bearing kit in the engine. MR12.

Just what little I see on the dyno from HTP they may have big ports in the head with O/S valves in it along with bored TB's to get that air flowing up top.
I know Shane and that's a pretty nice combo for 1,340cc. Have you 1/4 or Mile raced your bike? Don't get to wrapped up in the Dyno numbers since they vary so much.

Bike has done 212. 7 at Mojave Magnum, 207.0 at the Mojave Mile pretty consistent speeds on the asphalt run several 205s in the mile. If I ever get Bonneville figured out I'm trying for the AMA record Mark Deluca set in the 1350 PP class at 203.77 in 2006, I've run 202.8 and 202.5 but with all the variables there I can't put consistent enough runs together to figure out what I need to get me over the hump. They are records for a reason.

Bike has done 212. 7 at Mojave Magnum, 207.0 at the Mojave Mile pretty consistent speeds on the asphalt run several 205s in the mile. If I ever get Bonneville figured out I'm trying for the AMA record Mark Deluca set in the 1350 PP class at 203.77 in 2006, I've run 202.8 and 202.5 but with all the variables there I can't put consistent enough runs together to figure out what I need to get me over the hump. They are records for a reason.
Post some pics of your bike,.. sounds like a solid combo!

Thank you it, I've met a lot of good people and stand on the shoulders of giants.
Scott Horner, Tom Krause, Frank Lyons, Nels Byersdorf, Fred Vance (RIP) Bob Spencer (RIP)
IMG_6290  crop.jpg
IMG_7013 crop.jpg
IMG_20160827_161455088 crop 2.jpg
Mike at Mojave 2014 crop.jpg
1642208603838.jpeg
1642208679997.jpeg

Last edited:
I think one thing you guys are missing is Suzuki reworked the head. The head is what’s making the bike power. I’m excited to see what this new motor does with more aftermarket parts. The higher you rev the motor the less torque you will make. So if you push the power band out less peak torque but more peak hp number. One thing I don’t like about the busa is the short 1st gear. It’s needs to be longer for roll racing to take advantage of the torque the bike makes.

I think one thing you guys are missing is Suzuki reworked the head. The head is what’s making the bike power. I’m excited to see what this new motor does with more aftermarket parts. The higher you rev the motor the less torque you will make. So if you push the power band out less peak torque but more peak hp number. One thing I don’t like about the busa is the short 1st gear. It’s needs to be longer for roll racing to take advantage of the torque the bike makes.
Totally agree about hp revs vs. lb. ft. torque, pretty much engine 101 stuff. Looking back at the day when I used to dyno CAT truck engines, thinking about what the hp would be at 12,000 rpm when the torque was 2050 lb ft. at 1200 rpm if it would spin that fast. Or your Kawasaki K98MC that is putting out 93,360 hp at 94 rpm. Wick that puppy up 250 rpm, then you'd have something! Academic exercise for sure

How much power are those stock mufflers robbing? And is the header stock too?!

It's robbing a bunch but it's required for the Production class rules/records. It must appear visually OEM stock.

Somebody's gotta say it. What would this^ bike run with Gen 3 mufflers on it? Gotta be more aero friendly than those Gen 2 sewer pipes! :fire:

Probably not much difference because of the lower fairing.

Back