ECU GEN 3 UNLOCK

So.. Not sure if this has been talked about... I have a pcv, but what advantage would having the ecu flashed over the pcv, and if I get the ecu flashed would I keep the pcv or is it useless at that point?

So.. Not sure if this has been talked about... I have a pcv, but what advantage would having the ecu flashed over the pcv, and if I get the ecu flashed would I keep the pcv or is it useless at that point?

All the PC can do is adjust the air/fuel ratio(some do ignition).
The flash can literally change almost any setting in the ECU.
An ecu flash on a stock bike is great, then you can take it to a tuner, who will use the PC to tune the air/fuel on a dyno.
The exception is that some tuners will also dyno tune the air/fuel through the ecu, so no PC is needed.
Most tuners don't do this, as most do not know how to tune the air/fuel through the ecu, and/or, the ecu air/fuel tuning is more in depth when done through the ecu, vs the PC.
Also, once an ecu is flashed, it remains that way unless it is flashed again.
Vs a PC, which is a "piggy back" module.
Meaning if you unplug the PC from the bike, then the changes it made leave with it.
Guys like Chris Moore at Moore Mafia dyno tune through the ecu(but can do PC's too).
He did the gsxr1000R I ride, and wow is all I can say. He lives up to the hype, the bike made tremendous gains, and more importantly, is incredibly smooth and responsive throughout the entire rev range, zero flat spots.
Ecu's can be flashed by mail, and PC's can have a/f base maps downloaded.
This method really only benefits the guy who can't get to a dyno tuner who tunes through the ecu/Woolrich Tuning.

its def useless at that point unless you are tuning on the go at the dragstrip. ECU flash does many other aspects and eliminates restrictions. PCV only does fueling adjustments.

An ecu flash on a stock bike is great, then you can take it to a tuner, who will use the PC to tune the air/fuel on a dyno.
The exception is that some tuners will also dyno tune the air/fuel through the ecu, so no PC is needed.
Most tuners don't do this, as most do not know how to tune the air/fuel through the ecu, and/or, the ecu air/fuel tuning is more in depth when done through the ecu, vs the PC.
Meaning if you unplug the PC from the bike, then the changes it made leave with it.
Guys like Chris Moore at Moore Mafia dyno tune through the ecu(but can do PC's too).
He did the gsxr1000R I ride, and wow is all I can say. He lives up to the hype, the bike made tremendous gains, and more importantly, is incredibly smooth and responsive throughout the entire rev range, zero flat spots.
This method really only benefits the guy who can't get to a dyno tuner who tunes through the ecu/Woolrich Tuning.
regarding ecu reflash guys like Moore Mafias do generic remaps to someone's posted ecu. IMHO not ideal

most bikes are different you cannot beat a custom map on the dyno

regarding ecu reflash guys like Moore Mafias do generic remaps to someone's posted ecu. IMHO not ideal

most bikes are different you cannot beat a custom map on the dyno

No...only if you Ask for a base air/fuel map to be added to your flash.
Otherwise the flash changes many beneficial things...Without touching the air/fuel map.
And if you knew how good MM tunes are, it wouldn't be a concern.

He also flashed And dyno tuned this gsxr through the ecu...and did his typical excellent work.

Mine has a Bazzaz ZFI system on it and the tuner loved it as it was much easier to set the AFM through it without messing with that in the ECU flash. I have two maps but run the less evasive one as the other one makes the bike run a bit hot.

No...only if you Ask for a base air/fuel map to be added to your flash.
Otherwise the flash changes many beneficial things...Without touching the air/fuel map.
And if you knew how good MM tunes are, it wouldn't be a concern.

i asked for secondary butterflies to be removed i'd rather want to unleash and control the beast myself

i asked for secondary butterflies to be removed i'd rather want to unleash and control the beast myself

It was proven years ago that removing the secondaries was Not beneficial, and setting them past 94% open caused turbulence in the throttle bodies.
But, the basic flash set them to their most efficient opening rate.
As well as using 100% of the available fuel, in every cell of every gear(has nothing to do with the air/fuel ratio either).

So I want to know what ghost menus and options are in there that we can turn off and on. I know many new cars have more features in hidden menus.
I'll settle for being able to calibrate the speedometer / odometer.

The future's going to have some cool stuff though with access to the ECU and can bus:

Apogee in CANbus-capable. Actually, Apogee is super CANbus-capable. Apogee supports 2 separate CANbuses, one to manage up to 7 satellite units and the other to monitor the host vehicle CANbus. So, why would you want to monitor the host vehicle CANbus? Well, because Apogee is capable of using host vehicle CANbus messages to activate circuits on the Apogee system. Say you wanted to automatically activate a cooling fan or water pump or bilge pump or whatever based on a host vehicle CANbus activation. Apogee does that.
To make matters better yet, we will be releasing a whole bunch of CANpacks, user-installable firmware add-ons that contain super intuitive CAN configuration options for the vehicle or vehicles of your choice.
Compare neutrino products

Why are people talking about secondary butterflies that do not exist on the Gen 3 Hayabusa? And I want to be clear yes the generic unlocked fuel map from Moore Mafia may not be perfect but it will more than likely be within 5% plus or minus which is extremely acceptable. Also considering most people just slap exhaust on vehicles both Car and Bike and do not have a tune what's the weather which is definitely more than 5% offset.

Not sure speedometer calibration will be an ecu flash feature or not.
Heal-Tech is apparently working on a gen3 Speedohealer though.
How is that the case if the Wheels speed isn't coming from the same type of sensor off the front sprocket and now is located on the front and rear wheels?

How is that the case if the Wheels speed isn't coming from the same type of sensor off the front sprocket and now is located on the front and rear wheels?

I don't know the details of the flash yet.
And that is what Healtech said a few months ago, that they were working on it.
Just passing along simple info.

So it sounds to me I'd benefit from getting the ecu flash then further it with a dyno tune on the pcv, is this correct? Dynojet also sells a piggyback to the pcv to auto tune meant to fine tune a given map...

Back