Gen-3 ECU now able to flash/tune…

Regardless, for a bolt-on bike, with those numbers, especially the torque, it's a big improvement, and will be an incredible street bike, like the gen2 was in it's day(and still is in it's own right).
You drag and lsr guys can just keep adding turbos, lol

Unless the cams are changed out, the gen 3 will be limited in the top end....and then once the cams are changed the great mid range will disappear and become gen 2 levels...

Maybe, as stacks usually move hp around, but Moore said in the video he's hoping to extend the rev range with them(power falls off at 10,200 now) so he should be able to squeeze a little more peak hp out of it, and maybe without sacrificing the midrange.

Regardless, for a bolt-on bike, with those numbers, especially the torque, it's a big improvement, and will be an incredible street bike, like the gen2 was in it's day(and still is in it's own right).
You drag and lsr guys can just keep adding turbos, lol

Maybe, as stacks usually move hp around, but Moore said in the video he's hoping to extend the rev range with them(power falls off at 10,200 now) so he should be able to squeeze a little more peak hp out of it, and maybe without sacrificing the midrange.
Maybe, but I think the cams are going to be the Achilles heel

He's done bone stock dyno runs on those bikes (probably the same one-not sure) on earlier videos...in July so probably hotter...

I haven't seen any actual stock Gen 3 Hayabusa runs from Chris Moore's videos but he did mention "Magic Mike" an employee of Chris Moore supposedly stock hitting 178 and 108 tq. In that video he did the M4 exhaust and if I remember correctly hit 181 peak hp after the exhaust but you could see reduced power for whatever reason in the higher rpm. The M4 exhaust gained a bit more in all areas under the peak. Anyway the lowest number I have seen is 170 for the gen 3 on a youtube video but we all know the DA, temp, humidity as well as dyno used will all skew the actual numbers.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any actual stock Gen 3 Hayabusa runs from Chris Moore's videos but he did mention "Magic Mike" an employee of Chris Moore supposedly stock hitting 178 and 108 tq. In that video he did the M4 exhaust and if I remember correctly hit 181 peak hp after the exhaust but you could see reduced power for whatever reason in the higher rpm. The M4 exhaust gained a bit more in all areas under the peak. Anyway the lowest number I have seen is 170 for the gen 3 on a youtube video but we all know the DA, temp, humidity as well as dyno used will all skew the actual numbers.
True, I forgot he didn't actually show the dyno from Magic Mike's bike....

Here's some stock dyno runs....the few I could find...all are fairly consistent....the gen 3 holds it's own and the good thing about it being what it is, responds to mods really well...

What do you guys think about the pops and bangs? Personally that would drive me insane unless I could enable and disable with a switch. Then I would probably use it once and never again.

I'm probably a minority, but I dig them and the flames. I'm having a little remorse going with the 05 GSXR1K muffler because it's chambered and think it'll reduce pops/bangs and possibly suppress the flames.

I like that he eliminated the noise in 6th completely for cruising. If the tune is some what similar to a vehicle that has been tuned to make the noise, it seems that you have to be in the upper rev range to get the noise. Higher the revs when you close the throttle, the more noise. I'm hoping that just running around and shifting normally, there should not be any/much pops & bangs. IE make all the noise you want on command. This is speculative though, will be interesting to hear more over the next week or so.

I wonder much fuel does it waste to make that noise?

Back