Gen 1 Turbo build for Willy's Jeep

Get a turbo that supports more power than you're looking to make right now. You're going to want more, and much sooner than you think.
Probably, but then I have to deal with turbo lag too. Trying to find a middle ground for 400hp to drive around, and hopefully it would be capable of 450 before injectors/turbo max out.
Here’s the specs for the T04e I’m looking at

Probably, but then I have to deal with turbo lag too. Trying to find a middle ground for 400hp to drive around, and hopefully it would be capable of 450 before injectors/turbo max out.
Here’s the specs for the T04e I’m looking at

View attachment 1617047
@ogre is the guy for the specs....I'm not sure how the details tie together. I just understand it in broad strokes.
If you think this will meet your goals, go for it. I just know from personal experience that even what seems like stupid levels of power become boring very quickly.

Alright guys, got a bunch of stuff ordered now. T04e was the turbo I chose, forged rods, Wossner pistons, and by chance I came across a great deal on a Megasquirt MS3X and couldn't pass it up.

So, couple questions...

1) I'm assuming I need to keep my voltage regulator correct? How would it tie into my ecu harness (if at all)?

2) Can this ecu drive my coils directly, or is there a smart coil that could be adapted to my engine?
Or would it be better to get a ignition amplifier and run stock?
Or should I run Duratec coils which apparently fit right on?

3) Is there a 600-700 cc injector set that won't break the bank that can fit into the stock system?

Keep in mind the Canadian dollar is absolute sh*t right now, so I'm trying to save where I can.

Alright guys, got a bunch of stuff ordered now. T04e was the turbo I chose, forged rods, Wossner pistons, and by chance I came across a great deal on a Megasquirt MS3X and couldn't pass it up.

So, couple questions...

1) I'm assuming I need to keep my voltage regulator correct? How would it tie into my ecu harness (if at all)?

2) Can this ecu drive my coils directly, or is there a smart coil that could be adapted to my engine?
Or would it be better to get a ignition amplifier and run stock?
Or should I run Duratec coils which apparently fit right on?

3) Is there a 600-700 cc injector set that won't break the bank that can fit into the stock system?

Keep in mind the Canadian dollar is absolute sh*t right now, so I'm trying to save where I can.
Voltage regulator can be kept
megasquirt drives the coils no problem
most aftermarket injectors cost pretty much the same regardless of size so make sure you do not go too small I am running 1000cc and they idle fine

welcome to the megasquirt world

All I can add to the discussion is that the website for the ECU is absolutely NOT megasquirt dot com
A buddy of mine found that out when looking at the system ten years ago for a car project.....

Reactions: kml
Voltage regulator can be kept
megasquirt drives the coils no problem
most aftermarket injectors cost pretty much the same regardless of size so make sure you do not go too small I am running 1000cc and they idle fine

welcome to the megasquirt world
Awesome to know I don’t need an amplifier or different coils. Might look into the duratec coils though as apparently they are good for around 550hp and use the same connectors and dirt cheap.

You’re using the Injector dynamic 1000cc? I was worried about the idle going that big in size.

How does the regulator connect to it all? Or does it stay separate from the ecu and only charge the battery? Sorry haven’t read about it yet or gone through the schematics for the bike.

Awesome to know I don’t need an amplifier or different coils. Might look into the duratec coils though as apparently they are good for around 550hp and use the same connectors and dirt cheap.

You’re using the Injector dynamic 1000cc? I was worried about the idle going that big in size.

How does the regulator connect to it all? Or does it stay separate from the ecu and only charge the battery? Sorry haven’t read about it yet or gone through the schematics for the bike.
ECU is completely independant of the ECU ecu does not know if it is charging or not

I had converted to the later gen crank trigger, so I could run a 02-07 ecu LONG ago

Megasquirt can use either crank trigger but the more slots in the trigger, theoretically the closer you can control the spark and fuel that is why car megasquirt guys use 28-1 or 40-1 triggers

I had converted to the later gen crank trigger, so I could run a 02-07 ecu LONG ago

Megasquirt can use either crank trigger but the more slots in the trigger, theoretically the closer you can control the spark and fuel that is why car megasquirt guys use 28-1 or 40-1 triggers
Thanks again!
Got a 2013 model stator and flywheel on the way. Would like to find the proper hall cam sensor to fit as well now.

Anyone have a vacuum diagram for a turbo bike?

So a bunch of other questions for everyone coming up. I got a bunch of parts in over the last couple weeks... Wossner pistons, H-beam rods, t04e turbo, MS3X ecu and harness (need to find factory plugs and pins to connect to the harness too)

Since I’m running a dry sump system and upgraded oil pump gear, should I still swap out my cam chain tensioner for a manual?

Is the oem cam chain good enough or is the roller chain upgrade worth it?

Can I weld the pair valve holes up when my head is off so I don’t need to use those plates?

Where is the best location to grab oil feed for my turbo?

What gaskets and bearings does everyone recommend these days?

Does anyone sell a complete APE stud kit so I don’t have to try and add each piece individually to my cart?

Anyone happen to know how far the clutch slave rod travels? I’m probably building a direct linkage and eliminating the hydraulic setup.

Hopefully someone has some of these answers for me.
Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited:
Anyone here that knows the correct injection angle of the hayabusa turbo? Is it very different engine to engine?

Back