Gen 1 to Gen 2 Conversion

Scooby315

Registered
Anyone on here done a Gen 1 to Gen 2 body conversion. Not just speaking about the subframe, Im talking the entire swap..fairing stay, front end, headlight etc. Ive searched but couldn't find anything. I have questions about fitting or modding the gauge.

Whats your ?? About the gauges?

Looking for members whove done this conversion in general. I do have a question how to get the Gen 1 guage fitted with the Gen 2 fairing stay and fairings, it does not fit. Or if anyone knows how to use/wire a Gen 2 guage with the Gen 1.

Seems like a lot of work for little gain....Actually in my own opinion, the GenI is better looking that the II.
Although I like the added performance, the looks don't measure up.

The gauges will bolt to the stay but the plastic studs don't line up. Either drill holes in the stay for the studs or cut the studs off. The gen 2 dash panels will go on with no problem. The gen1 gauges aren't as thick as the gen2s so all the gen 2 dash panels will cover the edges of the gen1 gauges with no trimming at all.
Looking for members whove done this conversion in general. I do have a question how to get the Gen 1 guage fitted with the Gen 2 fairing stay and fairings, it does not fit. Or if anyone knows how to use/wire a Gen 2 guage with the Gen 1.

If you decide to cut studs off, lmk and I will trade you a back plate for your cluster thats modded already.

Back