Gen 1 to Gen 2 conversion

I had a 2008 gen 2 orange. Brand new. 1800 miles later I ended up in a coma after putting her down with the speedometer pinned. The day I could walk again I went out and bought this bad boy. It had exactly 1800 miles on it. I think its a superstition, but i wont buy another gen 2. This bike and I have been through alot together and it's a reminder to keep me humble. I have replaced the engine and every piece on it for the most part. I plan on keeping it til the day I'm no long around. I will buy the next gen the day it comes out, but I refuse to buy another gen 2. I love everything about it which is why I converted her over. But she is still what she is at heart.
Cool. I have an 06 and everything from a gen 2 looks to bolt up correctly. I didn't buy the parts yet. But this is what mine looks like now. But apparently the license plate holder has to be on the other side and the brake line needs replaced and the exhaust needs to be leak free and mounted better. Any advice. Also what do you think would look better as a tail section? The gen 1, 2 or 3. I kinda like what I have now just gotta get brighter turn signals.
20210816_150820.jpg

20210828_061223.jpg

So I finally finished up my "gen 2" conversion. I didnt swap the motor and ecu, but I converted all cosmetics including radiator, oil cooler, and wired a gen 2 harness to the gen 1 ecu. I also did the gsxr 1000 tail conversion. If anyone is thinking of doing a conversion and has any questions, feel free to ask. I searched all over the internet and everything I found was missing critical information that I could of saved alot of time had I known. View attachment 1626775 View attachment 1626776 View attachment 1626777 View attachment 1626778 View attachment 1626779

So I finally finished up my "gen 2" conversion. I didnt swap the motor and ecu, but I converted all cosmetics including radiator, oil cooler, and wired a gen 2 harness to the gen 1 ecu. I also did the gsxr 1000 tail conversion. If anyone is thinking of doing a conversion and has any questions, feel free to ask. I searched all over the internet and everything I found was missing critical information that I could of saved alot of time had I known.

View attachment 1626775

View attachment 1626776

View attachment 1626777

View attachment 1626778

View attachment 1626779
Hey bike looks great how did you figure out the wiring process I'm about to tackle this myself

So I finally finished up my "gen 2" conversion. I didnt swap the motor and ecu, but I converted all cosmetics including radiator, oil cooler, and wired a gen 2 harness to the gen 1 ecu. I also did the gsxr 1000 tail conversion. If anyone is thinking of doing a conversion and has any questions, feel free to ask. I searched all over the internet and everything I found was missing critical information that I could of saved alot of time had I known.

View attachment 1626775

View attachment 1626776

View attachment 1626777

View attachment 1626778

View attachment 1626779
So I’m in the process of converting my gen 1 busa to a gen 2 busa. Do you have any ideal of what the pig tails coming off of the tail light harness that looks like the turn signal plugs.

How hard was it to throw the front fairings and nose bucket headlight from the gen 2 on the gen1. Was it a direct bolt up or did u have to change the fairing stay.

Back