Gen 1 to Gen 2 conversion

Ice3460

Registered
So I finally finished up my "gen 2" conversion. I didnt swap the motor and ecu, but I converted all cosmetics including radiator, oil cooler, and wired a gen 2 harness to the gen 1 ecu. I also did the gsxr 1000 tail conversion. If anyone is thinking of doing a conversion and has any questions, feel free to ask. I searched all over the internet and everything I found was missing critical information that I could of saved alot of time had I known.

20200912_204453.jpg

20200911_175816.jpg

20200911_175543.jpg

20200911_175522.jpg

20200912_204508.jpg

You certainly did a lot of work to make it into a Gen 2, I see you kept the Gen 1 front end, it blends right in.

Looks, well like a Gen 2 with a GSXR tail conversion now-good job.

So I finally finished up my "gen 2" conversion. I didnt swap the motor and ecu, but I converted all cosmetics including radiator, oil cooler, and wired a gen 2 harness to the gen 1 ecu. I also did the gsxr 1000 tail conversion. If anyone is thinking of doing a conversion and has any questions, feel free to ask. I searched all over the internet and everything I found was missing critical information that I could of saved alot of time had I known.

View attachment 1626775

View attachment 1626776

View attachment 1626777

View attachment 1626778

View attachment 1626779
Looks good, done this myself in the past, gsxr tail and all.

Speaking of Grouse, my wife found one injured on the hiway last evening and brought it home (of course). I checked it over and didn't find any injuries so I figured it was stunned.

We put it out in our gazebo near the pond in a cardboard box so it could recuperate, sure enough, the wife went to check on it and it burst out of the box like a bullet and crapped all over her chair when it took off...

Awe Sandow...leave the man alone. Yer always pokin'...:poke:
:laugh:
Rubb.
It's not about poking. I really don't understand why putting all this effort and money in to convert an old gen 1 with a much better and newer gen2 .(just the looks) Why not spending the money and buy a gen 2 and convert the tail and a few goodies. By no means would I diminish the effort he out Inn to do that and I think it's great that he would help others - it just doesn't make sense to me. That's all ...

It's not about poking. I really don't understand why putting all this effort and money in to convert an old gen 1 with a much better and newer gen2 .(just the looks) Why not spending the money and buy a gen 2 and convert the tail and a few goodies. By no means would I diminish the effort he out Inn to do that and I think it's great that he would help others - it just doesn't make sense to me. That's all ...
Oh I hear ya Bro...I think its the hobby/challenge of it for some. The easy way would be to sell your Gen I and throw the dough at a new Gen II. Its all about personal choice...I mean I once owned a Harley with a professional appraised value of $98,000 dolla. I got it for my bike (older bagger) and 5 G's. :D
There are lots of other reasons too. Slowly buying a part here and there due to budget etc. I've seen your car...we are not all rich like you. :firing:
Rubb.

Oh I hear ya Bro...I think its the hobby/challenge of it for some. The easy way would be to sell your Gen I and throw the dough at a new Gen II. Its all about personal choice...I mean I once owned a Harley with a professional appraised value of $98,000 dolla. I got it for my bike (older bagger) and 5 G's. :D
There are lots of other reasons too. Slowly buying a part here and there due to budget etc. I've seen your car...we are not all rich like you. :firing:
Rubb.

Makes sense!

That wasn't my car. Lol
I would never spend 70 G's for such slow 550 horses. That car was one of the worst I have ever driven I tell you ;-) not to mention that it's a ford after all lol

I had a 2008 gen 2 orange. Brand new. 1800 miles later I ended up in a coma after putting her down with the speedometer pinned. The day I could walk again I went out and bought this bad boy. It had exactly 1800 miles on it. I think its a superstition, but i wont buy another gen 2. This bike and I have been through alot together and it's a reminder to keep me humble. I have replaced the engine and every piece on it for the most part. I plan on keeping it til the day I'm no long around. I will buy the next gen the day it comes out, but I refuse to buy another gen 2. I love everything about it which is why I converted her over. But she is still what she is at heart.

I had a 2008 gen 2 orange. Brand new. 1800 miles later I ended up in a coma after putting her down with the speedometer pinned. The day I could walk again I went out and bought this bad boy. It had exactly 1800 miles on it. I think its a superstition, but i wont buy another gen 2. This bike and I have been through alot together and it's a reminder to keep me humble. I have replaced the engine and every piece on it for the most part. I plan on keeping it til the day I'm no long around. I will buy the next gen the day it comes out, but I refuse to buy another gen 2. I love everything about it which is why I converted her over. But she is still what she is at heart.
Thank you for sharing that story. I really appreciate it! Now it all makes sense! :-)

Back