gen 1 with gen 2 wheels

Noon

Donating Member
Registered
so i was changing the Cush drive dampeners on my gen 1, its a 2005 ; and i was having trouble as they did not fit . so i took a closer look at the wheel and it appears to be a gen 2 wheel .
If the gen 1 Cush drive dampeners do not work on a gen 2 wheel I'm wondering if the sprockets and chain will also be a problem ? As i already ordered sprockets and chain for a gen 1 .
i put the sprockets on front and back without any bolts just to see , and everything lines up . the rear sprocket fits just fine as well as the front .
am i good to go or do i need gen 2 sprockets ?
also , why would a gen 2 wheel be on a gen 1 in the first place ?
i figured it was a gen 2 wheel by searching the number found on the wheel

423036513_1389416711939578_1767532107894085508_n.jpg

421369473_7188183804628188_5574856019233407361_n.jpg

423036709_1109094023694483_2596308374124864847_n.jpg

reckon I'm going to have to order another pair of gen 1 dampeners again ...
how do i get it in their though?? i stood on it and everything . it really looks like its a tad bit too big,, the gap on the bottom is closer together than higher up ?

Poly cush drives can make it hard to get the sprocket drive back into, and a light coat of silicone spray lube can help.
But those don't look like they work from the picture, no way the hub fits into those.

mannnn i know right that's what I'm thinking there's no way
i called customer service she's saying they've sold many and nobody has ever had a problem.. if thats the case then i don't see why I'm having
trouble .
however I'm going to need a replacement, should i just order elsewhere? it looks like wherever i buy from there all the same product tho - being the red sensei performance dampeners

I’m not sure who there technician is I didn’t ask tbh. And her - is the customer service lady. I believe she said her name was Anna . I’m not good with names tho so I could be wrong .
Ahh yes that’s it . Very nice . Yes I see the numbers . I ordered for (99–07)
I’ll try silicone spray when I get the dampeners in the mail. I had to order another set , so I’ll update my progress in a few days when the dampeners arrive again.

I’m not sure who there technician is I didn’t ask tbh. And her - is the customer service lady. I believe she said her name was Anna . I’m not good with names tho so I could be wrong .
Ahh yes that’s it . Very nice . Yes I see the numbers . I ordered for (99–07)
I’ll try silicone spray when I get the dampeners in the mail. I had to order another set , so I’ll update my progress in a few days when the dampeners arrive again.

The good news is, once they’re in you’ll have a very tight drive train and you won’t have to worry about removing them again until you need a new tire. Yes, they’ll still be a PITA to remove and replace. They never get soft. I think I rode around 60,000+ miles before getting a new set. And I probably didn’t need them.

Well I’m at war again
at least I have silicone spray this time . Still not going in tho ‍♂️

IMG_4062.jpeg

This may help show the struggle, look at the difference In the gaps . There’s just no way

IMG_4064.jpeg

Back