Gen 2 Wheels on Gen 1 ???

Every thread I have found on here has said "NO" but anyway I had another thread about me upgrading my brakes to 08 Forks, 08 Rotors, ZX14 Calipers and so on but I need a front wheel now. I assume a 08+ front wheel are the only thing that will work so I found a decent set of 08 aftermarket wheels for a reasonable price. But what about the rear? If it will not fit then what do I need to do to make it fit?

Thanks!
Kyle

busa-1_zps87524a92.jpg

Shouldn't take much to make rear wheel fit, id get the wheel and just see where its at with the gen 1 hardware, or you could get a brake bracket and spacers off a gen 2. iirc sprockets and rotors are the same on the rear.

I don't mind upgrading the rear brake stuff to 08+ and so on but want to make sure it will bolt in and not have to widen the arm or anything crazy.

Yeah I don't see why the wheels are that much. Look at the r1 wheel swap for the busas. They look better and you lose a couple pounds.

Maybe it's just me. But I'm assuming they are chromed right? If so, where is the "Excellent condition" in description coming from? I'm hoping they are straight, because if that's chrome it sure is in pretty rough condition between the pitting,scratches etc. and in my opinion would be good blanks for a rechrome or strip and powder coat. Or if they are polished i've never seen any pitted/flaking starting like that(but hey anythings possible) and I'd say they are gonna take quite a bit of sanding & polishing to get back up to where they should be. But then again that's just my opinion.

As far as wheel swap, you said you were going with gen 2 fork swap right? So front wheel is good to go. As far as rear wheel, the Gen 2 brake rotor is larger diameter than gen 1 260mm versus 240mm iirc, so in reality you could have to gen 2 rotor cut down to fit. And of course RC Components use their own brand sprockets, I can't say 100% on spacing there though, I have put Gen 1 Marvics & Marchesini's on a Gen 2 and sprockets on those required being spaced out a bit farther to line the chain up. So that would lead you to belive that a Gen 2 on a Gen 1 would need sprocket moved in a bit to line chain up and keep wheel centered which would mean milling hub down a lil to get it right. Or you could just order a Gen 1 hub from RCC and replace the one your getting as RCC wheel blanks themselves are pretty generic and just the hubs are bike specific and just bolt onto the blanks. Not a molded/forged 1 piece wheel as say originals.

You can almost make anything fit, it just may take a lil more creative ingenuity to make it happen.

It is hard to tell in those pictures, looked like just dirty to me, they say excellent condition so I am assuming it is just hard to photograph. I needed 08+ rotors too so figured this had everything.

I already have the 08 forks on my bike but cant seem to get anything to work, sick of trying this and that I just want it back together. This was my old brake upgrade thread I got no where with so hopefully this does the trick. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-mods/162122-front-brake-caliper-upgrades.html

Since your running an aftermarket swingarm I don't see any reason why that bracket wouldn't work if you got a 08+ caliper. Cause it locks into axle adjustment slot which would eliminate need for slot in arm on Gen 2 or the brake bar on Gen 1, so with that and caliper you should be good on rear brake. As far as the sprocket goes I'm pretty sure the Kawi sprockets that fit CZ wheels use to break down as below and maybe some others(not sure):
520 chain-ZX-6R 03-08
525 chain-ZX-10R 04-08
530 chain-ZX12R 02-06
That was an old breakdown I had so they may have changed some years now. But any other wheels I've had have had brand specific sprockets. My Marvic's,Marchesini's,Performance Machine,RC Components have all used brand specific sprockets. And none of mine have ever been interchangable with each other or the stock stuff. I can look in my sprocket stock if you know what you need as I think I may still have a couple new CZ & RCC sprockets I never used.

Alright, looked through the sellers other stuff I bought the wheels from, offered him $20 for stock caliper with stock bracket and he took it. I'll wait for wheels to come in before ordering the aftermarket bracket though to see if I can make/modify that to work easily and to make sure those wheels are "excellent".

My luck they will be brand specific, I'll call RCC too see and get back to you! Thanks!

What made you want to order these rims? The Chrome on it looks pitted and dirty, the seller is a salvage yard so the chances of those rims being on a wrecked bike is very likely. I hope for the amount you paid they are straight :whistle:

What made you want to order these rims? The Chrome on it looks pitted and dirty, the seller is a salvage yard so the chances of those rims being on a wrecked bike is very likely. I hope for the amount you paid they are straight :whistle:

Just wanted something chrome to stay with the same sorta look my bike has. Seller says in description they are in excellent shape, looks more dirty to me but maybe not? Factory chrome wheels when you want them sell for around this same price and I needed the 08 rotors and such to match so saves me a couple hundred there.

Chrome is not my thing at all, BUT the wife loves the chrome and she had some blue led's installed on it to accent the chrome, not my style at all but if it keeps her happy to let me have a turbo busa then that is fine. I would love to get the Orange/black 08+ plastics and some Carrozzeria black wheels but the white/chrome turns her on or something

Got the wheels today, they look great actually. Needs a sprocket and at least a rear tire bad. I'll have to see what my bike has on it currently. Also he sent the rear caliper - I see no reasons why I cant modify the stock bracket that came with it to work on my sub frame, I will give it a shot next week sometime before ordering that special bracket.
FYI the chrome is just dirty.
photobucket-12429-1357856068930.jpg

photobucket-51978-1357855961746.jpg

photobucket-23312-1357855795925.jpg

Back