Gas Prices Up Here!!!

Damn Hemi.

I paid $67.00 dollars to fill my tank up with 87 octane today.

I tell you guys what, I don't drive any where I don't have to these days.

My owners manual says, " a premium fuel of at least 92 octane should be used, or serious engine damage could occur".  This comes directly from the specifications and regular maintenance section.  I wonder if the 99 is different in that way?  I didn't mean to offend anyone.  I also have the Suzuki maintenance manual from 99, and it says the same thing.
rock.gif
Maybe Canada models are different?

Mine says 87.Also i have seen 5-6 horsepower GAIN on 87 compared to 93 on the dyno.It also has higher mph on the track on 87.

I feel so, so SORRY for you with your rip off fuel prices.

Here in the UK we are LUCKY we only pay about $6.37 for a (small US, not imperial) gallon of unleaded.  (There are regional variations and the price is currently falling.  Can you believe it was even higher a few weeks ago!)

My manual (03) says 91 Octane minimum or 87 in Canada.  no mention of the US.  Unleaded here has a minimum 95 Octane.

And don't forget there is more than one way to present the octane number, so you might not be comparing like with like.  

The UK uses RON, and the manual mentions 87(R+M)/2 for Canada.  (Motor and Research numbers).

And 95RON just happens to be equivalent to 87MON which is no doubt the why riders in the US can use 87 octane.

But the bottom line is, can I afford to go out for a ride? :-)

Steve

Hey you should all try being self employed, and drive for a living!!!!! Trust me it sucks!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif

I spent $70 to fill my tank yesturday.  23.4 gals at $2.99 each for 87 oct.
mad.gif
Wow Jim me too, actually it was $72.41 in my Buddy's Dodge Hemi 4wd truck, and it wasnt even empty yet. Most I ever spent on a single fill. Hawaii price for regular $3.19 and is suppose to rise .27 cents tomorrow.

I feel so, so SORRY for you with your rip off fuel prices.

Here in the UK we are LUCKY we only pay about $6.37 for a (small US, not imperial) gallon of unleaded.  (There are regional variations and the price is currently falling.  Can you believe it was even higher a few weeks ago!)

My manual (03) says 91 Octane minimum or 87 in Canada.  no mention of the US.  Unleaded here has a minimum 95 Octane.

And don't forget there is more than one way to present the octane number, so you might not be comparing like with like.  

The UK uses RON, and the manual mentions 87(R+M)/2 for Canada.  (Motor and Research numbers).

And 95RON just happens to be equivalent to 87MON which is no doubt the why riders in the US can use 87 octane.

But the bottom line is, can I afford to go out for a ride? :-)

Steve
I STAND CORRECTED, YOU BOYS & GIRLS IN THE U.K. ARE GETTING PORKED ON PETRO. I'LL STOP WHINNING ABOUT MY $2.89 A GALLON PRICES.

The bad thing about it is it will not go down unless demand does, and with emerging markets (China) and other nations that is not going to happen. It's a sad day when you don't go for a ride on your scoot because you don't want to spend the money for gas!

Back