Friggin gas prices!

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Went on a nice weekend ride up and down hiway 1 and saw gas prices in Santa Cruz at $3.999 per at a Valero station. I paid $3.869 at a Chevron. Farther down the coast at a rip off place called Ragged Point, it was $4.549 per gallon. Luckily I've never needed to buy any there. Spent over $70 just for a weekend of riding...just for fuel!

crazy.gif

Ouch...and I was complaining about $3.19 I paid Saturday at a small town here in SW Missouri. I'd still trade you living places
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I heard on the radio today that they are now blaming it on lack of refineries to keep up with demand. Plenty of crude, just can't refine it quick enough. Who knows for sure?

mad.gif

$3.45 for 87 in scramento blame the liberals  
argue.gif
and thats the cheapest place most places are $3.50-$3.60. and in ohio where my brother lives it 60 ecnts per gallon cheaper what load ****  
rant.gif

The problem is the government isnt doing anything to protect us.

And we cant threaten politicians with not voting for them again as punishment for not protecting us because they are all corrupt.

In California we are being raped by fuel prices, electric prices, just about everyone is increasing their prices.

Last year sometime we had a 42% increase in our electric bill, just one month our normal electric bill of $350.00 jumped to an $1800.00 electric bill. for one month.

I freaked!! called them and they said "well you were at the end of your level pay plan, plus there was a 42% increase in electricity blah blah blah"

Who in the he11 as $1800.00 laying around to pay a fricken electric bill for one month!!

So we had to make payments on the 1800.00 while were will still paying our now $400.00 per month electric bill!!

The having to pay for fuel on top of that!

Then all the local stores, grocery's, clothes EVERYTHING!! they are HAVING to increse the cost of their products becuse the cost of fuel is getting past down to them for delivery of product and THEY are getting raped by the electric company!!

We are getting screwed by big business!! we are getting screwed by our government!! and there doesnt seem to be anything we can do except maybe dump a bunch of tea in the ocean!!!

Well, I don't like paying that much for fuel either..... But, my stocks are going crazy, so I'll just ride the roller coaster, plus I work for an oil and gas company. Good thing I didn't buy a new truck on Friday. I was gonna buy an SRT-10!!
firedevil.gif

The problem is the government isnt doing anything to protect us.

And we cant threaten politicians with not voting for them again as punishment for not protecting us because they are all corrupt.

In California we are being raped by fuel prices, electric prices, just about everyone is increasing their prices.[/Quote]

The government IS the problem. Our electric rates were set by a back room deal with the Governor and....we did punish him. Remember Gray Davis?
poke.gif

As far as fuel prices...its simple supply and demand. The eco-nazi's have stalled or killed every new refinery constrction project in the last 20+ years. New power plants...forget it. New Hydro electric Dams? Oh no...think of the poor fish.

Shut down the globalwarmingeconazitreehugging bugandweedlovers.....the quality of life will improve dramatically. Al Gore must die.
laugh.gif

(Postal @ May 07 2007,11:46) Yeah, I heard on the radio today that they are now blaming it on lack of refineries to keep up with demand. Plenty of crude, just can't refine it quick enough. Who knows for sure?

mad.gif
Its all BS in my opinion.

The last few years oil CEO's have been receiving HUGE bonus due to the HUGE profit their companies have been making.

I have heard there is a shortage of refineries also, they have the money to build new refineries, they have the politians in their back pockets for the political backing, they would have the support of the people for building new refineries because that would do two things, provide additonal jobs to Americans AND lower fuel prices.

So, if lack of refineries are the reason, why havent they built more?

same B.S. in california and electricity.

They say they dont have enough power plants. he11 I think I heard they havent built a new one in 20 years!! why not!! what fricken idiots are driving this canoe anyway!!

An increase in population is normal and expected.

So an increase in power demands can also be expected. Is out governemt so incompetant that they can see and comprehend this simple concept and build what needs to be built?

I am so pissed about it but have no idea what to do. I have gone head to head with state government before and learned it isnt happening. Most of the time the government will win in any pissing contest..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Thats funny. We have 2....now hear this....WE HAVE 2 OIL REFINERIES here in Whatcom county.....2 of them and we have some of the highest gas prices in the nation and the highest in the state. Just about 10 miles south of us, its at least 30 cents cheaper...

Oh I forgot to mention: The EPA determines the formulations for gasoline....all 13 of them. Consequently if there is a shortage of CALIFORNIA fuel and a surplus of NEVADA fuel.....guess what happens?

(Sir T Rex @ May 07 2007,12:32) Thats funny. We have 2....now hear this....WE HAVE 2 OIL REFINERIES here in Whatcom county.....2 of them and we have some of the highest gas prices in the nation and the highest in the state. Just about 10 miles south of us, its at least 30 cents cheaper...
But what do they refine?

(newmill @ May 07 2007,12:flamethrowing:) Oh I forgot to mention: The EPA determines the formulations for gasoline....all 13 of them. Consequently if there is a shortage of CALIFORNIA fuel and a surplus of NEVADA fuel.....guess what happens?
Uhhh drawing a blank.. what happens?

Ok, I'm confused.

If there is a shortage of refinaries and demand is high, wouldn't that mean there should be a corresponding fuel shortage at the pumps?

$2.89 here on base in North Texas... and slowly rising...
guns.gif

(Sloto200 @ May 07 2007,05:00) $2.89 here on base in North Texas... and slowly rising...  
guns.gif
So, it costs me a dollar more per gallon just to avoid living in Texas? Hmmmm, that may be worth it!
laugh.gif

(CBXRider @ May 07 2007,13:02)
(Sloto200 @ May 07 2007,05:00) $2.89 here on base in North Texas... and slowly rising...  
guns.gif
So, it costs me a dollar more per gallon just to avoid living in Texas?  Hmmmm, that may be worth it!
laugh.gif
ROFL!!!

Back