Found 5 more HP lol.

RacingJake

Registered
The other day riding the B King on the freeway doing 70 mph the speedo would read 71 then 69 and didn't stay at 70. I did the R1 throttle mod years ago for faster throttle response which I like and know that's not the problem. So today I jacked the rear up and spun the wheel and hit a tight spot which took some effort to rotate the tire over. So I R&R the chain and she's GTG. The old chain has hundreds of passes on 1/8 track with different gearing so it's time was up.

I've been running the same 630 chain on my GS1100 for 20 years with over a 1000 passes and she runs 5.70 in the 1/8. Maybe I should put a 630 chain on the B King LOL.

Last edited:
The other day riding the B King on the freeway doing 70 mph the speedo would read 71 then 69 and didn't stay at 70. I did the R1 throttle mod years ago for faster throttle response which I like and know that's not the problem. So today I jacked the rear up and spun the wheel and hit a tight spot which took some effort to rotate the tire over. So I R&R the chain and she's GTG. The old chain has hundreds of passes on 1/8 track with different gearing so it's time was up.

I've been running the same 630 chain on my GS1100 for 20 years with over a 1000 passes and she runs 5.70 in the 1/8. Maybe I should put a 630 chain on the B King LOL.

The OEM chains on my old CBXs were 630s. I changed them to 530s. 630s were huge and heavy. I didn’t dyno them before and I couldn’t feel any HP difference.

Last edited:
Back