1000s have more stock HP

I bought the Busa because I loved the looks of it and at 6 foot 4 260 Lbs I needed something I could fit on and ride double to where ever I wanted. yes I wanted to be fast to and I love being the fastest (my 00 is pre limit) I get alot of those how fast have you gone and how fast will it go. I think honestly though I get more where did you get those cool wheels. I have yet to see another bike in Maine or on my travels with the candy chrome centers and chrome outer edge wheels. I think on my bike they just look so much better than plain chrome.

My_Busa_Chrome1.jpg

Oh brother!!! You guys still debating this bullshiite?
rock.gif
For the most part, we ALL wanted to be on two wheels, so who gives a fugg about all the nay-saying? Just get out there and RIDE WHATEVER IT IS YOU PREFER TO RIDE!! Basically this thread is all about "status." When all that really matters is personal preference. Can we just move on to something more meaningful like... "what is a TRE?"
biggrin.gif

Everbody forgets for one the busa is not even in the same category as 1k's or 12's. The busa is a Sport Cruiser. Cruiser being the word of importance there. It is not a true sport bike. it is meant to be a cruiser with a butt load of power. According to the manufacturer anyway. I bought the bike because sitting on a 1k for 3-4 hours, you may need a wheelchair afterwards because your arse will hurt. With the busa 3-4 hours you are just getting warmed up. Plus the ride weight is awesome. It is a beautiful bike. Plus you can't forget about the awesome amount of power. And also I purchased due to the amount of them in the area. About everyday I am riding I see about 4-5 yellow-black gixxr's. Not to say i don't like the bikes but dam pick another color. I think I am done ranting for now.

Over and Out.

John

Do you guys really think you will see a liter bike at the 250MPH mark? You can't even get a 12 there let alone those liter bikes...
Sure you can, just add a turbo/juice, or both. Our bikes are great, but i'm tired of people acting as if ZX-10's,12's, CBR1KRR's and Gixxer1K's are slow pieces of sh!t. Our bikes are not the greatest thing since bottled beer. They are to us, because we like them, but it all comes down to mod $$, rider skill and sack. these are things which are not unique to Busa owners.... Lets give respect where it's due....
no... you can't...
biggrin.gif

wind resistance is the biggest factor and no bike has the aerodynamics of the busa... Your 12 and 10 WILL NEVER HIT 250... Not with a body that looks like that anyway... You would have to put that engine in a busa and then maybe you would have a chance... just maybe...
biggrin.gif

Don't you think someone would of if they could have... hahahah Plenty have tried to get the 12 up there and have not even come close to the 250 mark.

In fact, I was reading super streetbike last year and they were trying to propel their busa to 200 MPH with juice... There was a big bore 12 that couldn't even hit 200...

You may think you can power it up there, but you won't get enough power to do it and if you could, the vibration would probably be enough to damn near kill you. Don't get me wrong, I didn't start this thread thinking I have to stick up for the Busa because it talks for itself and there is no other machine on top speed that has been able to talk as loud yet. When there is one, let me know... Until then, keep dreaming

Cloud
Add enough power and you can overcome any aerodynamic deficiency. Vibration? What does that have to do with anything? All bikes suffer from instability, the way the body looks to the eye has nothing to do with it. If you have enough money, you can make a scooter go 250mph.

biggrin.gif

I bought the Busa because I loved the looks of it and at 6 foot 4 260 Lbs I needed something I could fit on and ride double to where ever I wanted. yes I wanted to be fast to and I love being the fastest (my 00 is pre limit) I get alot of those how fast have you gone and how fast will it go. I think honestly though I get more where did you get those cool wheels. I have yet to see another bike in Maine or on my travels with the candy chrome centers and chrome outer edge wheels. I think on my bike they just look so much better than plain chrome.
Those are some sweet feet!

Nothing beats flying past a 10 or an R1 on the apex of a turn on my cruiser  
laugh.gif
. If they're quick they can get a look at the Topgun undertail and the dual HMF's singing their tune. Seriously, bacharles said it right: ride what you brought and ride like you want. The enjoyment we get is the key.

Do you guys really think you will see a liter bike at the 250MPH mark? You can't even get a 12 there let alone those liter bikes...
Sure you can, just add a turbo/juice, or both. Our bikes are great, but i'm tired of people acting as if ZX-10's,12's, CBR1KRR's and Gixxer1K's are slow pieces of sh!t. Our bikes are not the greatest thing since bottled beer. They are to us, because we like them, but it all comes down to mod $$, rider skill and sack. these are things which are not unique to Busa owners.... Lets give respect where it's due....
no... you can't...
biggrin.gif

wind resistance is the biggest factor and no bike has the aerodynamics of the busa... Your 12 and 10 WILL NEVER HIT 250... Not with a body that looks like that anyway... You would have to put that engine in a busa and then maybe you would have a chance... just maybe...
biggrin.gif

Don't you think someone would of if they could have... hahahah Plenty have tried to get the 12 up there and have not even come close to the 250 mark.

In fact, I was reading super streetbike last year and they were trying to propel their busa to 200 MPH with juice... There was a big bore 12 that couldn't even hit 200...

You may think you can power it up there, but you won't get enough power to do it and if you could, the vibration would probably be enough to damn near kill you. Don't get me wrong, I didn't start this thread thinking I have to stick up for the Busa because it talks for itself and there is no other machine on top speed that has been able to talk as loud yet. When there is one, let me know... Until then, keep dreaming

Cloud
Add enough power and you can overcome any aerodynamic deficiency. Vibration? What does that have to do with anything? All bikes suffer from instability, the way the body looks to the eye has nothing to do with it. If you have enough money, you can make a scooter go 250mph.
You are wrong dude... You can tell you haven't been around these boards that long... this has been debated a thousand times... Why do you think the 12 is slower in top speed and has more HP... ?

Not going to argue with you, but you will NEVER get a scooter to go 250...

THey had a guy try to muscle a bike on the salt flats to 200 MPH, NOT 250. He had NOS and a huge amount of power on the bike... The VIBRATION was so bad at 180s that he ended up going down. Videos been on TV lots...
biggrin.gif

I hope you don't expect me to take your post seriously because you are pulling #### of your ass and what makes sense to you... Unfortunetly, math has something to do with it and your common sense doesn't make sense...

The fastest motorcycle on the flats ever belongs to john noonan and it went 333 last year on the flats to break the world recrod. IT WAS A STREAM LINER. THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD GET A REGULAR BIKE TO THOSE SPEEDS AND IT HAD TWO BUSA ENGINES TO DO IT.

He plans to make a 360 run this year though with his stream liner...

Cloud

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Cloud, what does the fact that this has been debated on this board before I joined have to do with anything? You act like I have never heard of the laws of physics. If you understood math, you would know that speed is a product of force(power) vs friction(aerodynamic drag) If you apply enough power you will overcome drag. The examples you used didn't apply enough power. A streamliner simply reduces the amount of friction the power has to overcome. How is the guy on(in?) the twin motor streamliner going to go faster? He'll add more power. You are trying to have two debates at once. As I said, 99-00 Busa is the fastest PRODUCTION bike ever MADE. This category doesn't include Triumph or anyone else who thought about making, tried to make or whatever. Man, I dreamed I slept with Halle Berry, but I still didn't really!! Whatever the reason for the speed limit, the fact still is that no factory has ever made a faster bike than ours. As far as MODIFIYING bikes, ours, 12,10, whatever you can go as fast as you can afford/got ball$ to. If I strapped a Sidewinder missile to a scooter, it would go 250mph. Probably wouldn't be a good plan, but my point is that it could be done.

He has a point a couple of jato rockets and I bet that scooter would go that fast did anyone else see the mythbusters where they strapped a couple to an old Monte Carlo or something and they where to chicken to drive it so he controlled it remotly. I dont remember how fast it went but it was fast.

Cloud, what does the fact that this has been debated on this board before I joined have to do with anything? You act like I have never heard of the laws of physics. If you understood math, you would know that speed is a product of force(power) vs friction(aerodynamic drag) If you apply enough power you will overcome drag. The examples you used didn't apply enough power. A streamliner simply reduces the amount of friction the power has to overcome. How is the guy on(in?) the twin motor streamliner going to go faster? He'll add more power. You are trying to have two debates at once. As I said, 99-00 Busa is the fastest PRODUCTION bike ever MADE. This category doesn't include Triumph or anyone else who thought about making, tried to make or whatever. Man, I dreamed I slept with Halle Berry, but I still didn't really!! Whatever the reason for the speed limit, the fact still is that no factory has ever made a faster bike than ours. As far as MODIFIYING bikes, ours, 12,10, whatever you can go as fast as you can afford/got ball$ to. If I strapped a Sidewinder missile to a scooter, it would go 250mph. Probably wouldn't be a good plan, but my point is that it could be done.
so let me get this straight... You think you have a valid argument because if you strap rockets onto the scooter it may hit t250 before it crashes...?

Let's talk real world possiblities... If you want to talk pipe dreams, I am not interested... ;) The examples I gave you are THE REAL WORLD. Show me a real world example that you have about anything going 250 that is not a busa (Bike of course)? If you can't, shut the f$%k up already... You are defending your pride and frankly, I don't give a #### about pride... Until its been done, its all just a fantasy...
biggrin.gif
Not saying don't dream, dream of your 1k going 250 because it will never happen...

If you know all you needed to know about pysics you wouldn't have posted "what does vibration have to do with it..." hahahah
biggrin.gif

You can tell you don't know #### about top speed... Have you even got your scooter to its top yet... ;)

Not trying to get in a pissing match with you, but your post is absoltutely ridiculous...

I posted this thread when I first started here a couple of years back... There is some reading in there for you and some posts by people that really know what they are talking about... NOT you or me... ;)

It is all about aeros...
biggrin.gif

Why is it that us boys can never admit when we are wrong... I can and have... can you be the bigger man on this one and admit you are talking ridiculously...
biggrin.gif

You know the boss hoss has a "theoretical top speed" of 200+... That thing with the viper engine claims a "theoretical top speed" of 300+. You know why they are theoretical limits and not actual... The "vibration" would kill you before you ever reached their "theoretical" limits... Think about the power of the wind at that speed knocking you every which way, pulling the handle bars left and right everytime it hit you. They only way to avoid wind is to cut through it... if you don't cut through it, it will cut through you...
biggrin.gif

That guy I mentioned that did the 97 run... His handlebars started to slap due to the wind... that is why he lost control of the bike... (He wrecked twice by the way. First attempt, he walked away, the second, they carried him, but i beleive turned out okay... a year inbetween attempts just to try to get to 200 and he never made it. A year later in 99', they came out with da busa...
biggrin.gif
)

CLoud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112900779 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

The only thing ridiculous is the fact that you don't seem to understand my point, but instead of acknowledging that, want to make like I don't know what I'm talking about. Of course it's stupid to carry on talking about what might happen if....... That's the whole point of benchracing, genius. Neither one of us has actually DONE it, so we talk about what we think would happen. As far as telling me to shut the f##k up and so on, you shouldn't resort to such language just because I don't agree with you, it just shows your lack of class. As far as defending my pride, I ride a Busa, so what do I have to defend? I don't own a 1k, don't want one, so why would I care how fast they are? Obviously you didn't read my post correctly. try again smart guy!!

The only thing ridiculous is the fact that you don't seem to understand my point, but instead of acknowledging that, want to make like I don't know what I'm talking about. Of course it's stupid to carry on talking about what might happen if....... That's the whole point of benchracing, genius. Neither one of us has actually DONE it, so we talk about what we think would happen. As far as telling me to shut the f##k up and so on, you shouldn't resort to such language just because I don't agree with you, it just shows your lack of class. As far as defending my pride, I ride a Busa, so what do I have to defend? I don't own a 1k, don't want one, so why would I care how fast they are? Obviously you didn't read my post correctly. try again smart guy!!
read my post again... I added to it at bottom...
biggrin.gif

sorry dude... sometimes I come accross strong in my posts... I am just feely writing as I am thinking. If I offended you , I am sorry. non't trying to start beefs with people, that is not why I am here...  ;)

CLoud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112900968 -->

biggrin.gif

sorry dude... sometimes I come accross strong in my posts... I am just feely writing as I am thinking. If I offended you , I am sorry. non't trying to start beefs with people, that is not why I am here...  ;)

CLoud
No offense taken, I get frustrated when I have this conversation. It's all theoretical, but people swear that this or that will happen . Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by "vibration" Do you mean just as a result of the wind? Or is it to do with the setup of the bike? I agree no-one could hang on to that Dodge thing at 300mph, but someone will probably try sooner or later. I've ridden three bikes in excess of 170mph, and while that's not 250 I agree, tucked in behind a fairing I won't be able to tell the difference. I'm waiting for the weather to clear up around here to see what my Bus will do. I believe, given enough power, you can make anything fast. It might not be cost effective or even practical, but it can be done. I guess you'll never believe me til I do it, and I aint got that kinda funding!! No beef here, just talking about what I love.....SPEED!

biggrin.gif

CLoud
No offense taken, I get frustrated when I have this conversation. It's all theoretical, but people swear that this or that will happen . Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean by "vibration" Do you mean just as a result of the wind? Or is it to do with the setup of the bike? I agree no-one could hang on to that Dodge thing at 300mph, but someone will probably try sooner or later. I've ridden three bikes in excess of 170mph, and while that's not 250 I agree, tucked in behind a fairing I won't be able to tell the difference.  I'm waiting for the weather to clear up around here to see what my Bus will do. I believe, given enough power, you can make anything fast. It might not be cost effective or even practical, but it can be done. I guess you'll never believe me til I do it, and I aint got that kinda funding!! No beef here, just talking about what I love.....SPEED!
You know that is why I got my busa... SPEED baby, SPEEED!

On the vibration... I was meaning this... A bike is not near as aerodynamic as a car and the busa being the most aerodynamic is still not that aerodynamic compared to a car. Since the bikes stand out like a square box, the wind is it hitting a larger surface area with direct force and not sliding off as well as a more aerodynamic vehicle which just cuts through the air more.. Since the wind speed isn't consistent, it causes vibration on moving parts like the handle bars. The handle ares are moving back and forth because the wind is hitting it at inconsistent speeds and you are trying to keep the wheel straight... We are not near as stong as the wind can be.. and at that point you are trying to muscle the bike and not let the bike do the work...

Look how much HP it takes to drive the busa to 250... 580HP is what it took at that altitude. That is a big jump from the 200 RWHP that it takes to go 200 and even more instersting is that you can get the busa to 190 with 155 RWHP. Just takes soooo much more power to go that much faster, it is pretty amazing at much wind resistance really does play a part. If you go up in altitude, the air gets thinner and you will be able to go faster easier with less horsepower.

I am no expert by any means... I just love talking about this stuff like you do... I was razing you a bit in the previous posts, but didn't mean anything by it, I am having a good time going back and forth on it...
biggrin.gif

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112903377 -->

biggrin.gif

WHY?  Cause damnit thanks to all the "Biker Boyz" wannabees, all the hype, and media influence the Busa is starting to be a joke.  IT's sad too because the Busa is trully a great, well sorted do it all bike, but it's getting embarrassing to tell folks what I ride cause of all the BS hype and poser stank surrounding it.  

It would be nice to just be on a powerful well sorted hypersport without every little wanna be thug and the ricer crowd giving ya "Props" you didn't ask for....  
mad.gif
Christ.

I ran into this yesterday. Went to lunch, rode out a bit then to a Quiznos (they have a pepper bar!) to grab lunch and take it back. I go outside and these two yokels (seriously, I think there was some inbreeding going on there) are just drooling over it, asking me questions, all this sort of crapola. Which was entertaining for about 12 seconds, but I finally got to the point of "Yes it can be fast, yes I like it, why else would I be riding it, and I need to get back to work."

And then there was the little shid on hi R1 who wanted to race me at a stop light. Twit.

I ride the bike because I like the bike. It's perfect for me, and I don't need to "prove" anything. Go away world, and let me enjoy the ride! KThxBye.

You know everyone is so worked up now over the litre bikes catching the Busa. You know what I think of all this? When suzuki brought this bike out in 1999 it was like a total awe.....no bike could hit a speed of its caliber and it amazed everyone. Do you all honestly think that Suzuki is just gonna sit back and watch it's Speed King be dethroned without even a fight? I think right now the engineers are sitting back and waiting. They are applying 5 years of street experience, new technology, and basically just getting ready to do what it did in 99 all over again and that is blow the socks off of the motorcycle world. Do I think they are gonna change the engine? No. Why change what has worked so well. I think it's definately gonna lose some serious weight though. They may do a few things to up the Ponies in the 15 to 20 range I think. But my point is whatever it is it's gonna put these litre bikes right back in their place. And all these people that have jumped on the ZX10 band wagon are gonna be like man I wish I had waited another year and bought a Busa. I think everyone just needs to sit back and have faith that Suzuki is on the ball. I know the sales on the Busa at least where I am have doubled in the past couple years. If it's showing Suzuki that it has a loving home in the market they will do what they can to keep it there. But for right now they don't seem to worried so why should we be?

I am not trying to add more fuel to the fire here but as aero improves like it has with the new gixxer 1000 it only takes more HP to make it go faster 580Hp on a busa means 250 MPH so if you figure out the drag coefficient on the Busa and the 1K you can figure out how much more HP it would take to get to 250 MPH with the 1K as far as stabel at those speeds no one knows until they try it. Funny thing is 2 small dimples in the fairing in front of the handle bars might make all the difference in the world only the engineers know and by wind tunnel testing etc.

Back