1000s have more stock HP

I am not trying to add more fuel to the fire here
UUUH, yeah you are.....
biggrin.gif
I agree, it's just a matter of time and $$

I stand by my choice! I am elated with my 2005 Busa. Would not change it for any bike out there. And yes it is the best thing since SLICED BEER! Ha Ha
tounge.gif

stephbusa.jpg

I stand by my choice!  I am elated with my 2005 Busa.  Would not change it for any bike out there.   And yes it is the best thing since SLICED BEER! Ha Ha
tounge.gif

Nice bike, you appear a little younger than your screen name implies......How cold is your beer that you have to slice it?
drink.gif

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: "Remove picture"|1112968388 -->

Just for the record, I wouldn't change my Bus for any other bike either........Well maybe an MV Augusta.

I stand by my choice!  I am elated with my 2005 Busa.  Would not change it for any bike out there.   And yes it is the best thing since SLICED BEER! Ha Ha
tounge.gif

Nice bike, you appear a little younger than your screen name implies......How cold is your beer that you have to slice it?
drink.gif
Well Mr Brown...

That is my boy on my bike. As far as slicing beer....pending on alchohol level../more alchohol~longer/colder to freeze!
laugh.gif
drinka.gif

I bought mine just because I thought it was the sweetest looking bike out there. I don't know how fast it will go, won't ever find out either. I'm happy, the wife is sorta happy.........to hell with the rest of them.

I dont think I could make any judgement towards the 05' R1000 until I took it for a ride on the freeway.......I only take corners fast to hurry up and get the to straight aways. I love the Superslab and I ride it alot. The Busa is soooo stable on the freeway ..somehow I doubt the new Gixxer 1000 would feel as stable but I dont know this. I would suspect that it is better than the previous models on the freeway since its been redesigned from the ground up.

I still think the busa is the best although the new 1000s are a force to be reckoned with. I think the busa is better because of the power potential and the tremendous amount of aftermarket parts.

i dont really care if the new liter bikes are just as fast / quick in stock form

if you really care about being fast you wont leave your bike stock period

i think the busa has the most potential once you start modding

if you are worried about loosing just add some HP to the busa , there are so many ways to make it fast and powerfull

it is hard to beat a turbo busa

wow now thats alotta reading...BTW is the Busa the fastist motorcyle really, and how fast have you had yours?
laugh.gif
poke.gif
jump9.gif

Does anyone have any areodynamic tests on the new 1000? Are they supposedly even better than the Busa? My dealer was telling me how the new 1000 spent massive amounts of time in the wind tunnel during the design.

As far as updating the Busa goes , you have to wonder if the Busa would be the same bike it is now on the freeway if you chopped off 120 lbs.
Perhaps what Suzuki needs to do is leave the weight alone and just add on another 50hp or so.
smile.gif

As far as updating the Busa goes , you have to wonder if the Busa would be the same bike it is now on the freeway if you chopped off 120 lbs.
Perhaps what Suzuki needs to do is leave the weight alone and just add on another 50hp or so.
smile.gif
exactly what i was thinking

i bough the busa cause of it's size and high speed stability

if they gave it a big weight reduction it wouldnt be a busa anymore . just give it enough hp to make the hp to weight ratio better than the 05 gsxr 1000

200 rwhp would be all the busa needs to be the undisputed speed king (as far as stock bikes go)

from what ive noticed from all the post about 12r k1000 and BUSA is that the better rider is going to win, i've yet to race anyone other than my roomate on his 1200 sportster and you all know how that turned out LOL I've been next to other bikes and they don't even act like they want to try the BUSA because they know this too, and may doubt themselves also, I feel like the first person i'll race will probably be a very good rider and because i'm still somewhat new on a sportbike(been on cruisers) I'm probably going to get my azz handed to me, doesn't bug me any i'll get better and go find them again, BUT you never know i've been known to push things to the limit I might just win ONE THING IS FOR SURE I STILL LOOK BETTER

Back