1000s have more stock HP

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I see too many posts these days where people are all pissed off because they don't have the biggest fatty anymore...
biggrin.gif

I am still secure in my descision. Not many buy a busa to keep it stock and even if you did, nothing compares to it for what it was built for... top speed.

Do you guys really think you will see a liter bike at the 250MPH mark? You can't even get a 12 there let alone those liter bikes...

Quarter mile... Busa is still king. Forget stock vs. stock even though it is still better there too. The people running quarters are almost never stock and the world record was just borken by Velocity on a Busa running 7.2

There are so many other facets of the busa that make it quarter mile king, horsepower king, and top speed king...

Even if you had to give up one of those titles, would your ego still be hurt...? Not mine...

CLoud

Do you guys really think you will see a liter bike at the 250MPH mark? You can't even get a 12 there let alone those liter bikes...
Sure you can, just add a turbo/juice, or both. Our bikes are great, but i'm tired of people acting as if ZX-10's,12's, CBR1KRR's and Gixxer1K's are slow pieces of sh!t. Our bikes are not the greatest thing since bottled beer. They are to us, because we like them, but it all comes down to mod $$, rider skill and sack. these are things which are not unique to Busa owners.... Lets give respect where it's due....

So what was the greatest thing before bottle beer...sliced bread.

Anyway i think its just a fact of saying hey i have the fastest production bike ever made. You cant say it anymore if something is faster. I think its just something to tell the ladies to increase your chances of scoring. i for one like the looks. But hey if your worried about the other bikes hit the track and get good or get more power.
smile.gif

Bread is highly overrated!!!! I hear ya, I just think some people get caught up in the Busa and think it can do no wrong. There are other bikes that are so close it comes down to personal preference. Just my .02

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112821373 -->

is there something faster than a busa yet?
maybe slightly quicker but i dont think faster

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112821866 -->

Until the 186mph limit is discontinued, a 99 or 00 Busa will be the fastest production bike ever made. Period, end of discussion. That's not to say there won't be faster bikes in the future, but not until the limit is ignored by a manufacturer.

The Busa is still number one in my mind due to more than anything its looks. She is by far, IMHO, the sexiest machine on the streets today!
smile.gif

Sure you can, just add a turbo/juice, or both. Our bikes are great, but i'm tired of people acting as if ZX-10's,12's, CBR1KRR's and Gixxer1K's are slow pieces of sh!t. Our bikes are not the greatest thing since bottled beer. They are to us, because we like them, but it all comes down to mod $$, rider skill and sack. these are things which are not unique to Busa owners.... Lets give respect where it's due....
no... you can't...
biggrin.gif

wind resistance is the biggest factor and no bike has the aerodynamics of the busa... Your 12 and 10 WILL NEVER HIT 250... Not with a body that looks like that anyway... You would have to put that engine in a busa and then maybe you would have a chance... just maybe...
biggrin.gif

Don't you think someone would of if they could have... hahahah Plenty have tried to get the 12 up there and have not even come close to the 250 mark.

In fact, I was reading super streetbike last year and they were trying to propel their busa to 200 MPH with juice... There was a big bore 12 that couldn't even hit 200...

You may think you can power it up there, but you won't get enough power to do it and if you could, the vibration would probably be enough to damn near kill you. Don't get me wrong, I didn't start this thread thinking I have to stick up for the Busa because it talks for itself and there is no other machine on top speed that has been able to talk as loud yet. When there is one, let me know... Until then, keep dreaming

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112825825 -->

biggrin.gif

I love em all. I have 2 one being a busa and I got to tell ya, when I'm done, I'll have more for sure, sitting next to the two I have now.Every time I tell my wife how I can't wait to get another rocket she says what are you gonna do with the other two and I say what do you mean? I'm keeping them too. Oh and Mr Brown you hit it right on the nose. PERIOD.

I love em all. I have 2  one being a busa and I got to tell ya, when I'm done, I'll have more for sure, sitting next to the two I have now.Every time I tell my wife how I can't wait to get another rocket she says what are you gonna do with the other two and I say what do you mean? I'm keeping them too. Oh and Mr Brown you hit it right on the nose. PERIOD.
are you sure you hit it on the nose... ? Not all motorcycle manufacturers subscribe to the 186 limit. Remember, triumph, they were going to be releasing there 190+ hyperbike last year, but then trashed the project. They didn't subscribe to the 186 limit...

But yea... you are right though, until they do... the busa will be on top...
biggrin.gif

Actually Cloud you have a pretty good point. Lot's of fools running round trying to "Live a Lifestyle" instead of a life, portraying an "Image" instead of actually knowing how to ride. It's these guys that tend to really worry about bullshid performance numbers none of them are capable of running, or Horsepower they allready cannot use. It's part of why I am looking really hard at 2006 to be defining year. If Honda comes through with a cool Blackbird replacement I'll prolly end up on one.

WHY? Cause damnit thanks to all the "Biker Boyz" wannabees, all the hype, and media influence the Busa is starting to be a joke. IT's sad too because the Busa is trully a great, well sorted do it all bike, but it's getting embarrassing to tell folks what I ride cause of all the BS hype and poser stank surrounding it.

It would be nice to just be on a powerful well sorted hypersport without every little wanna be thug and the ricer crowd giving ya "Props" you didn't ask for....
mad.gif

Have to put the Busa in storage and put her back on the road once all the "Fashion" and Hype has died down...
laugh.gif

Until the 186mph limit is discontinued, a 99 or 00 Busa will be the fastest production bike ever made. Period, end of discussion. That's not to say there won't be faster bikes in the future, but not until the limit is ignored by a manufacturer.
I was speaking with the owner of a dealership in Va 2 weeks ago. He said the 186 limit( He also said it went to 184 in 02) is impossed by Congress. So until the Hill say so, 200 won't happen.

Umm, No, Dealer is full of shid... Congress NEVER said Boo regarding motorcycles top speeds. IT was UE that was the concern and it's voluntary. Just an agreement by the manufacterers in hopes to divert any sort of future restrictions coming from a Government...

I was speaking with the owner of a dealership in Va 2 weeks ago. He said the 186 limit( He also said it went to 184 in 02) is impossed by Congress. So until the Hill say so, 200 won't happen.
Uh, sorry. The guy you talked to is cracked.

The 186mph limit (the so called "Speed Bleed of 2000") is nothing more than a handshake agreement among the manufacturers. The United States Congress didn't have a thing to do with it, lol!

There was the threat of some legislation over in the UK, but the bike makers avoided all that with the aforementioned agreement.

I doubt we'll ever see the arbitrary speed restriction lifted, but who knows...

Anyway i think its just a fact of saying hey i have the fastest production bike ever made.  You cant say it anymore if something is faster.  I think its just something to tell the ladies to increase your chances of scoring.  i for one like the looks. But hey if your worried about the other bikes hit the track and get good or get more power.
smile.gif
You did mention ladies...

Actually Cloud you have a pretty good point.  Lot's of fools running round trying to "Live a Lifestyle" instead of a life, portraying an "Image" instead of actually knowing how to ride.  It's these guys that tend to really worry about bullshid performance numbers none of them are capable of running, or Horsepower they allready cannot use.   It's part of why I am looking really hard at 2006 to be defining year.  If Honda comes through with a cool Blackbird replacement I'll prolly end up on one.

WHY?  Cause damnit thanks to all the "Biker Boyz" wannabees, all the hype, and media influence the Busa is starting to be a joke.  IT's sad too because the Busa is trully a great, well sorted do it all bike, but it's getting embarrassing to tell folks what I ride cause of all the BS hype and poser stank surrounding it.  

It would be nice to just be on a powerful well sorted hypersport without every little wanna be thug and the ricer crowd giving ya "Props" you didn't ask for....  
mad.gif

Have to put the Busa in storage and put her back on the road once all the "Fashion" and Hype has died down...
laugh.gif
Rev...Your getting a bit beyond yourself...Calm down...Chill out...Get yourself a 12oz and send the bill to me just don't over do it...

The 1000cc crowd always fails to mention something pretty important relative to a road-going motorcycle: torque.

Nothing by way of a repli-racer will ever touch the Busa's near 100 ft-lbs. And for street duty, torque rules.
smile.gif

smile.gif
How about a RedBull N Vodka Stunnah???

No No, wait, that's probably the problem... TOO much caffiene...

Still though, I do get tired of the BS and Hype surrounding our bikes....

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112831785 -->

Back