former squid gearing up

bigboy

Registered
i rode all last summer reluctantly without any proper gear cause i could not afford it.after everyone telling me skin grafts cost more and watching "no prisoners" volume one and two i decided to gear up.

I have been trying to buy piece by piece so when summer comes ill be ready.ive purchase....
alpinestars gpx leather gloves
alpinestars smx leather shoes
roland sands design mission leather jacket
alpinestars jaws perforated leather jacket
bio armor kit by roland sands.

i will soon be purchasing another jacket from alpinestars.

and a little tip if anyone is considering buying the smx 2 i wouldnt.they are charging about 60 bucks for basically the same shoe.also i got that roland sands jacket for $199 at motocycle superstore and its originally $500.i havent gotten my jackets in the mail yet but the gloves and boots are very good quality

So sad i just went out in my garage with my gloves and boots to see how comfortable they were on my bike cause its too cold and wet to ride.im dying here man i need to ride. i put over 6000 miles on her last summer i plan to top that this summer

I know the feeling brother. I got a new Shoei helmet and a new Astar leather jacket. Ready to ride but work and the weather got me locked up.

Buy pants that will zip to the jacket.
Why be all geared up, crash, and have your mid section ate up with rash because the jacket rolls up as you roll down the road.

Buy pants that will zip to the jacket.
Why be all geared up, crash, and have your mid section ate up with rash because the jacket rolls up as you roll down the road.
exactly! but, I think it depends on the weather. I find it hard to believe anyone cud ride in florida in the summer time with a zippered jacket and pants. no way imo. and Virginia and CT are pretty miserable in the summer too.

but ur right it kinda defeats the purpose but its still better then nothn even if its not zippered together. I wear the kevlar jeans. no way their better then leathers but their a compromise for me. but I really do need to try to protect that mid section better the more I think about it. on some of the high end jackets they fit pretty snug around the mid section tho so it also depends on the jacket.

great idea! going down just once without good gear on can cost a lot more than all the gear would have :beerchug:

exactly! but, I think it depends on the weather. I find it hard to believe anyone cud ride in florida in the summer time with a zippered jacket and pants. no way imo. and Virginia and CT are pretty miserable in the summer too.

but ur right it kinda defeats the purpose but its still better then nothn even if its not zippered together. I wear the kevlar jeans. no way their better then leathers but their a compromise for me. but I really do need to try to protect that mid section better the more I think about it. on some of the high end jackets they fit pretty snug around the mid section tho so it also depends on the jacket.

I wear full leathers in the VA summer heat(really doesn't bother me)....or a t-shirt and shorts.
Depends on if I'm cruising to the store, or riding hard.
Doesn't make much sense, I know. I could crash or get hit on the 25/35mph cruise and ate up with road rash and/or killed in my shorts and shirt(always a helmet).:beerchug:

im buying gear for commuting jaws.for skating around town mission. and for freeway fooling that will be the more protective pieces

A helmet saves your head...gloves keep your hands on your arms...boots keep feet on your legs and leathers keep the rest in place....in a perfect world. On the cheap I would wear a few layers of sweat pants and shirts under leathers to soften the blow...it is just a matter of time till your gear will serve its purpose...be it gloves or a pair of safety glasses while using a drill...most of the time you don't need it...it is a good habit to take a few minutes to build into any procedure...lame as it sounds.

Back